ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation -- unexpected letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aix

Naturalisation -- unexpected letter

Post by aix » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:57 pm

I applied for naturalisation back in December. Confirmation letter was received some time ago. Today I got another, somewhat unexpected, letter:
Thank you for submitting the documents in support of your application for British citizenship.

We are still dealing with the application, and we will inform you of our decision as soon as we have received the results of our character enquiries, which are carried out on all naturalisation applications. This may take several months.
Anyone can shed any light on the meaning of this? This reads as a letter confirming the receipt of additional documents; however, I did not supply any documents apart from the initial pack (IND haven't asked for any).

What is this standard letter meant to tell me?

ppron747
inactive

Re: Naturalisation -- unexpected letter

Post by ppron747 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:11 pm

aix wrote:....What is this standard letter meant to tell me?
I suspect that the author simply isn't very good at editing templates before hitting the "print" button. Seems to me that the main point of it is clear, though - they're making further enquiries, and it's going to take a while.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 85&start=0 is a similar thread
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

aix

Post by aix » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:40 am

Thanks for pointing this out. This is ndeed one of those "CT1" letters.

Has any had any experience on this? How long are the checks likely to take?

confused1

Post by confused1 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:05 pm

they're just too kind to you... where as there are so many other users here who haven't received their even first acknowledgement letter. I myself haven't received 1