ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa - Maintenance certified by sponsor

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srk2010
Newly Registered

Dependent visa - Maintenance certified by sponsor

Post by srk2010 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:25 am

Hi,

I am applying for an extension under Tier 1, with my wife as my dependant.

If my wife has sufficent funds in her bank account (she does not need me as a sponsor), do I need to tick the checkbox or produce any letter for section K4 of the dependant application form (Section K4 has the following text - Tick to confirm that the dependant has sent: A letter from the A-rated sponsor confirming that, where necessary, it will maintain and accommodate the dependant during his/her first month in the United Kingdom)

Could someone help me with this please?

Regards,
srk

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Dependent visa - Maintenance certified by sponsor

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:47 am

srk2010 wrote: do I need to tick the checkbox or produce any letter for section K4 of the dependant application form (Section K4 has the following text - Tick to confirm that the dependant has sent: A letter from the A-rated sponsor confirming that, where necessary, it will maintain and accommodate the dependant during his/her first month in the United Kingdom)
I think that is required for Tier2-dependents... pls check again;

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:22 am

For initial approval the guidelines says

5.3 Maintenance certified by sponsor
If the main applicant is a Tier 2 (Skilled Worker) or Tier 4 (General) Student and has an A-rated sponsor, that sponsor may certify that, where necessary, he/she will maintain and accommodate you, as a dependant, in accordance with the requirements described in the Dependant Policy Guidance.
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:24 pm

yasa wrote:For initial approval the guidelines says

5.3 Maintenance certified by sponsor
If the main applicant is a Tier 2 (Skilled Worker) or Tier 4 (General) Student and has an A-rated sponsor, that sponsor may certify that, where necessary, he/she will maintain and accommodate you, as a dependant, in accordance with the requirements described in the Dependant Policy Guidance.
OP is going for the Tier1(G) Extension, so that question is not related to his application.. it is for Tier2 Applications..