ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

employer letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

positivesolitude

employer letter

Post by positivesolitude » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:19 pm

Hello All

I am going to apply for my ILR next month based on HSMP and Tier 1 and need some info with regards to the employers letter confirming my employment.

My company has gone into administration and by god,s grace I am retained although majority are made redundant.

I can request my HR to give me a letter stating my start date ,position etc but how can they predict that I can be employed for foreseeable future when the company,s position isnt good.

Any advise is appreciated.

wunder
Member of Standing

Re: employer letter

Post by wunder » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:39 am

positivesolitude wrote:how can they predict that I can be employed for foreseeable future when the company,s position isnt good
As you are on HSMP/Tier 1 - it does not matter (it matters only for those on Work Permits). Your company's HR can skip this part.

ilrseeker
Newly Registered

urgent - employer letter - contractor

Post by ilrseeker » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi ,

I am applying ILR in set (O) as I came here on WP, changed to HSMP and now on Tier1 general .

From last 1.5 years I have been working as a contractor on a ltd company. Recently my contract has ended and I am now looking for work,

Alo I am due to appear to one of peo offices next week for my ILR app,

My question - does anyone know if I need to show a letter from my employer that I am in employment currently ?
If yes how do I show a letter as I am between contracts and havent got a contract at present?

As I am the director of my ltd co, will my own letter suffice or a letter from my accountant showing my yearly income do the trick?

Greatly appreciate views and if anybody is in similar situation and can answer please.
Much appreciated!

Thanks

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:32 am

A letter from your accountant detailing your monthly salary for the past year along with your last three months personal bank statements (take a whole year's worth if you can) should suffice. I am assuming that you are still paying yourself a salary from your limited company even though you do not have any work coming in at the moment.
'In everything give thanks'

gd_chandrasekar

Re: urgent - employer letter - contractor

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi ilrseeker

Mine is also same case as yours, i guess you would be issuing monthly salary to yourself. and also i guess would be taking dividends and also would have submitted P60 declaring your personal earnings other than salary (which is a must for a director). take these P60 forms and a letter from your own company, never say that your are between contracts and stuff. just say your are employed by so and so company.

ilrseeker wrote:Hi ,

I am applying ILR in set (O) as I came here on WP, changed to HSMP and now on Tier1 general .

From last 1.5 years I have been working as a contractor on a ltd company. Recently my contract has ended and I am now looking for work,

Alo I am due to appear to one of peo offices next week for my ILR app,

My question - does anyone know if I need to show a letter from my employer that I am in employment currently ?
If yes how do I show a letter as I am between contracts and havent got a contract at present?

As I am the director of my ltd co, will my own letter suffice or a letter from my accountant showing my yearly income do the trick?

Greatly appreciate views and if anybody is in similar situation and can answer please.
Much appreciated!

Thanks