ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1st Child passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

k4iser
BANNED

1st Child passport

Post by k4iser » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:04 pm

hi, my friend who is pakistani national had a child a few months back and has been divorced to the father who is a british national. She wanted to apply for a british passport for the child, will she be able to without the father of the childs passport details. And is it illegal
to use his passport details without his knowledge and permission. also is there a way to make a british passport without his details. if the farther of the child finds out can he start criminal proceedings against her because of a messy break up of the marriage they are not on talking terms.

Dowew
Newly Registered

Post by Dowew » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:34 pm

I don't think you would actually need his passport necessarily. You would need proof of citizenship or proof of birth in the United Kingdom.

Was this man born in the United Kingdom? If he was, you can order a notarized copy of his birth certificate. If he naturalized, you would need proof that naturalization. I don't know about naturalization certificates, but I know birth records can be obtained by ordering them (which I am planning to do for my Scottish grandmother).

The problem you might find is if this man turns out not to be a British National as he claims, or if his name is not on the birth certificate.

I am not sure what you mean by criminal proceedings. Many break ups are messy, but simply have a nasty breakup is not grounds for criminal charges in most places (certainly not Britain).

I suspect, however, that before the mother can register the child the father will be contacted to confirm paternity, although, if his name is on the birth document this might not be the case.

Dowew
Newly Registered

Post by Dowew » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:08 am

I should probably add a post script that, as long as the british national is a british national otherwise than by decent, and his name is on the birth record, i think you should just need his birth certificate.

k4iser
BANNED

passport child

Post by k4iser » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:26 pm

Dowew wrote:Was this man born in the United Kingdom? If he was, you can order a notarized copy of his birth certificate.

How do i order a copy without him finding out wont they ask questions?
Is it illegal?
Dowew wrote:The problem you might find is if this man turns out not to be a British National as he claims, or if his name is not on the birth certificate.

He is definatley british.
Dowew wrote:I am not sure what you mean by criminal proceedings. Many break ups are messy, but simply have a nasty breakup is not grounds for criminal charges in most places (certainly not Britain)

by criminal proceedings i mean that for using his details as he is the british natoinal not me, without his permission. e.g passport number, his birth certificate. also the fact that i ahve only been in the Uk for 1 year and 8 months and i need to be here for 2 years to get a countersigniture by a professional.

if my husband finds out, can i have fraud/deception proceedings bought against me.

I

Dowew
Newly Registered

Post by Dowew » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:24 pm

Well,

My grandmother is still alive, and I ordered a copy of her birth certificate without her finding out.

I think it would only be criminal if you were accessing his information for a criminal reason (such as identity fraud, credit card fraud etc). In this case, you are accessing his information on behalf of the child, and as his child he or she is entitled to access his public records.

Do you know if he was from England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland? They all have different registries for getting birth certificates. If you can tell me which area he was born in I can find the right agency for you.

k4iser
BANNED

Post by k4iser » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:24 am

Dowew wrote:Well,

My grandmother is still alive, and I ordered a copy of her birth certificate without her finding out.

I think it would only be criminal if you were accessing his information for a criminal reason (such as identity fraud, credit card fraud etc). In this case, you are accessing his information on behalf of the child, and as his child he or she is entitled to access his public records.

Do you know if he was from England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland? They all have different registries for getting birth certificates. If you can tell me which area he was born in I can find the right agency for you.

he is from england, what about the passport number can my friend use that as i noted it down when i was living with him.

Christophe
Diamond Member

Re: passport child

Post by Christophe » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:51 pm

k4iser wrote: How do i order a copy without him finding out wont they ask questions?
Is it illegal?
In England and Wales you can get anybody's birth certificate; you don't have to have any connection with the person at all. The person is not informed that someone has applied for his or her certificate. Marriage certificates and death certificates can also be freely applied for.

I don't know about the situation in the rest of the UK (i.e. in Scotland and Northern Ireland), but I should imagine that it is the same there too.

k4iser
BANNED

Post by k4iser » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:40 pm

Christophe wrote:
k4iser wrote: How do i order a copy without him finding out wont they ask questions?
Is it illegal?
In England and Wales you can get anybody's birth certificate; you don't have to have any connection with the person at all. The person is not informed that someone has applied for his or her certificate. Marriage certificates and death certificates can also be freely applied for.

I don't know about the situation in the rest of the UK (i.e. in Scotland and Northern Ireland), but I should imagine that it is the same there too.

hey do you know what is the reason behind this being this way as anyone can see anyones birth certificate, which has sensitive info on, like parents names, your date of birth.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:03 am

Hi
k4iser wrote:
Christophe wrote:
Is it illegal?

hey do you know what is the reason behind this being this way as anyone can see anyones birth certificate, which has sensitive info on, like parents names, your date of birth.
He is right..You can ordered his birth certificate or even child brith certificate.

Check Birth register web site in area where he is living..I believe you can apply online saying she needs his husband birth certificate..

UK_Banned_Member

Dowew
Newly Registered

Post by Dowew » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:46 am

I believe they are available because its public domain material.

The only criminal activity I can think of related to getting his records would be

1) Falsely claiming the child is his in order to obtain citizenship for her daughter

2) Obtaining a passport for her daughter in order to remove her from the country. This is called parental abduction.

3)obtaining his records and using it for credit fraud purposes.

His birth record can be obtained at this website

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

I should point out that he must be recognized as the father (that is, his name must be on the child's birth certificate) or otherwise recognized by law (example, a DNA test registered with a court) before the child will be recognized as a British Citizen capable of having a passport.