ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension Approval - Can we post here please!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mash81
Newly Registered

Post by mash81 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:53 pm

Hi Ramesh,

I did not realise that this would be a strict criteria until after I sent the application. I called them up today and they asked me to send the photographs to Sheffield but they could not guarantee if it would be considered. I still have not recieved the reference number so should I send the photographs right away or wait for the reference number? I have seen cases on this forum where they have not sent the reference number out. Please advise.

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:40 pm

mash81 wrote:Hi Ramesh,

I did not realise that this would be a strict criteria until after I sent the application. I called them up today and they asked me to send the photographs to Sheffield but they could not guarantee if it would be considered. I still have not recieved the reference number so should I send the photographs right away or wait for the reference number? I have seen cases on this forum where they have not sent the reference number out. Please advise.

Thanks
What you can do is get 2sets of photographs ready..

1. just send 1set of the photos with a cover letter puting all ur details like Passport no. name, date you sent ur application etc.. and if they can track it back to ur application that is well and good..

2. Wait for the Reference letter to arrive and once you have the ref letter.. use that reference no. in ur cover letter again with the ur details and send the 2nd set of photos..

in case 1st photos can not be linked to ur application.. 2nd set will be sure to be linked.. unless they are too strict...

goodluck

babysmith
Newly Registered

extension approved

Post by babysmith » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:08 pm

Hi all

I've got extension today for3 years from sheffield PEO. thanks 4 all.

rising_sun
Newly Registered

Post by rising_sun » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:53 am

Hi TTOE,

Sorry for my late response.
I did not enclose the pre-stamped envelop. I just sent my application form and the supporting documents.
Hope it helps and good luck!

csmith
Newly Registered

Applied but visa about to expire

Post by csmith » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:58 am

Hi Guys,

I have applied for Tier1 extension 5 weeks before my visa expiry and have received a reference number from Home Office. My visa expires in a weeks time and was wondering if it would be illegal to continue to stay in the UK?

Any pointers in this regard is much appreciated.

Cheers!
smith

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Applied but visa about to expire

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:32 am

csmith wrote:Hi Guys,

I have applied for Tier1 extension 5 weeks before my visa expiry and have received a reference number from Home Office. My visa expires in a weeks time and was wondering if it would be illegal to continue to stay in the UK?

Any pointers in this regard is much appreciated.

Cheers!
smith
You are legal to work in UK and in ur job as long as a decision is taken on ur application by the HO..

If your employer is worried about this or demands you for ur visa.. please ask him to go to the EMPLOYER CHECKING SERVICE get the update from HO..

smiley82
Newly Registered

Post by smiley82 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:52 am

Sorry, haven't had internet accesss until now, but I got my extension approved on Monday! Very happy :)

Applied - 5th Jan
Payment Taken - 7th Jan
Reference Received - 11th Jan
Date approved - 27th Jan
Date Received - 1st Feb

I was an in-country application - Limited Company application, dividends + salary.

3 years granted, through to 2013 :)

csmith
Newly Registered

Thank you!

Post by csmith » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:46 am

Many thanks tvn_ramesh! Much appreciated...

Srikanth&Shruti
Newly Registered

HSMP Extension.

Post by Srikanth&Shruti » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:43 pm

Hi All,

We have received our HSMP to Tier1 extension today.

Timelines are

Application sent -- 8-jan-2010
Ack rec'd --- 11-jan-2010
Visa approved -- 28-jan-2010
Docs rec'd -- 4-feb-2010

Thank you all for your support. Special thanks to TVN Ramesh !!

Thanks,
Srikanth

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Extension.

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:02 pm

Srikanth&Shruti wrote:Hi All,

We have received our HSMP to Tier1 extension today.

Timelines are

Application sent -- 8-jan-2010
Ack rec'd --- 11-jan-2010
Visa approved -- 28-jan-2010
Docs rec'd -- 4-feb-2010

Thank you all for your support. Special thanks to TVN Ramesh !!

Thanks,
Srikanth
Congrat's srikanth.. Good stuff..

pardass
Newly Registered

Post by pardass » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:07 pm

mash81 wrote:Hi Ramesh,

Thanks

I did a same mistake and realised after seeing here, i have applied on 1st-Feb and awaiting for my fees to deduct and reference number, could you please let me know how you are handling this issue?

I have called HO today, they asked me to send it to Sheffield address but they said it would be advisable to send these photo after i get my reference number.

Also i noticed below site to send additional info to HO but can anybody advice me if this will be the right form to send my photos?
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... umstances/

thanks for help in advance

Regards,
Pardass

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:11 pm

pardass wrote: I did a same mistake and realised after seeing here, i have applied on 1st-Feb and awaiting for my fees to deduct and reference number, could you please let me know how you are handling this issue?

I have called HO today, they asked me to send it to Sheffield address but they said it would be advisable to send these photo after i get my reference number.

Also i noticed below site to send additional info to HO but can anybody advice me if this will be the right form to send my photos?

Regards,
Pardass
This is wat i replied to Mash81

1. just send 1set of the photos with a cover letter puting all ur details like Passport no. name, date you sent ur application etc.. and if they can track it back to ur application that is well and good..

2. Wait for the Reference letter to arrive and once you have the ref letter.. use that reference no. in ur cover letter again with the ur details and send the 2nd set of photos..

in case 1st photos can not be linked to ur application.. 2nd set will be sure to be linked.. unless they are too strict...
hope it helps..

pardass
Newly Registered

Post by pardass » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:23 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
pardass wrote: I did a same mistake and realised after seeing here, i have applied on 1st-Feb and awaiting for my fees to deduct and reference number, could you please let me know how you are handling this issue?

Regards,
Pardass
This is wat i replied to Mash81

hope it helps..
Thanks Ramesh, That is making sense.
Can i also use the form (change of circumstances form)?

Regards,
Pardass

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:54 pm

pardass wrote: Thanks Ramesh, That is making sense.
Can i also use the form (change of circumstances form)?

Regards,
Pardass
Yes, you can send it also..

mash81
Newly Registered

Post by mash81 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:46 am

Hi pardass,

I sent the photographs with a cover letter, twice as suggested by Ramesh.
Am just hoping for the best now. Good luck with your app.

Thanks

pardass
Newly Registered

Post by pardass » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:50 am

mash81 wrote:Hi pardass,

I sent the photographs with a cover letter, twice as suggested by Ramesh.
Am just hoping for the best now. Good luck with your app.

Thanks
Thanks,

I did it once now (without reference number), will be sending it again once i get my reference number.

my documents reached HO on 2nd-Feb but still i am waiting to deduct my fee and reference number?

When did you applied? have you got your reference no?

Regards,
Pardass

vhsmpuk

Post by vhsmpuk » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:17 pm

hi,

HSMP to Tier1(G) extension
I send application form on 29th Jan 10 and fee is yet to be deducted

I made a mistake in the application form.
Part 3C - Page 47 - Section S1 - For Institution - I have written as "ANNA UNIVERISTY", but i have graduated from UNIVERSITY of MADRAS.

The reason i have written ANNA UNIVERSITY is , all the engineering courses are moved from UNIVERSITY oF MADRAS to ANNA University recently.
Proof - I did not send any proof as it was already proved with Initial hSMP application.

Should i send change in circumstance ( form) to state the INSITUITUION is "UNIVERSITY OF MADARAS"
Kindly suggest.

mash81
Newly Registered

Post by mash81 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:15 pm

Hi pardass,

I sent my application on 25th Jan and it reached on 26th Jan. The payment was deducted on 3rd Feb and I got the reference number via post on 5th Feb. I believe they are facing some delays in deducting the payment, so it might take longer than usual to process your payment. Lets hope the caseworker considers the additional evidence in our cases. Am a little worried as my visa is due to expire on 20th Feb. I checked the same day service on BIA website, but couldnt see any appointments being available in the next month or so. Will try calling them up next week to see if there are any slots available in the next few days. Anyone has any experience of using same day service?

Thanks

wanderer_kam
Newly Registered

Post by wanderer_kam » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 am

Hi everyone... i am a new joinee to this forum.
This forum is really helpful.
My HSMP to Tier 1 approval dates are as follow:

Application sent : 9th jan 2010
payment deducted:11th jan 2010
acknowledgement: 11th jan 2010
approved on: 2nd Feb 2010
docs received: 6th feb 2010

Hope this will be useful for all other outstanding applicants

deepujames123
Newly Registered

Post by deepujames123 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:42 am

I have applied on 1st Feb

It got recieved there on 2nd Feb as per royal mail.

No response or e mail from Home Office Yet.

Surprisingly they haven't deducted money from my credit card also.

I think I have filled Application form correctly for my HSMP Extention and Wife's Dependent visa extention.

I have given 2 photo's each of myself and wife attached on Section 2 where its supposed to be attached.

Y so delay in response or Fee Deduction .. Any Idea????

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 pm

deepujames123 wrote:I have applied on 1st Feb

It got recieved there on 2nd Feb as per royal mail.

No response or e mail from Home Office Yet.

Surprisingly they haven't deducted money from my credit card also.

I think I have filled Application form correctly for my HSMP Extention and Wife's Dependent visa extention.

I have given 2 photo's each of myself and wife attached on Section 2 where its supposed to be attached.

Y so delay in response or Fee Deduction .. Any Idea????
see if you and these people in the below link has anything in common..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 107#336107

there are lotz of people in the same situation. .don't worry..

pardass
Newly Registered

Post by pardass » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:37 pm

mash81 wrote:Hi pardass,

I sent my application on 25th Jan and it reached on 26th Jan. The payment was deducted on 3rd Feb and I got the reference number via post on 5th Feb. I believe they are facing some delays in deducting the payment, so it might take longer than usual to process your payment. Lets hope the caseworker considers the additional evidence in our cases. Am a little worried as my visa is due to expire on 20th Feb. I checked the same day service on BIA website, but couldnt see any appointments being available in the next month or so. Will try calling them up next week to see if there are any slots available in the next few days. Anyone has any experience of using same day service?

Thanks
Hi,

My friend tried, it seems very simple and hassle free to use same day service.

It seems bit hard to get a dates for same day service, but i hope if you try to go through the solicitor (Representative), there is a possibility to get a dates (hope they used block the dates for urgent cases),

Regards,
Pardass

anotherext
Newly Registered

another extension approved

Post by anotherext » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:15 pm

Application date: 11/01/2010
recd at HO: 12/01/2010
fee deducted/acknowledgement dt: 13/01/2010
acknoledgement letter recd: 16/01/2010
approval dt: 03/02/2010
docs recd: 08/02/2010

thanks to everyone who contributes here.
tvn_ramesh: u r doing a good job. helping all those whom u can with suggestions and giving confidence.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: another extension approved

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:37 am

anotherext wrote:Application date: 11/01/2010
recd at HO: 12/01/2010
fee deducted/acknowledgement dt: 13/01/2010
acknoledgement letter recd: 16/01/2010
approval dt: 03/02/2010
docs recd: 08/02/2010

thanks to everyone who contributes here.
tvn_ramesh: u r doing a good job. helping all those whom u can with suggestions and giving confidence.
Congratulations mate.. Good stuff, enjoy your stay..

luthorcorp
Newly Registered

Photos background

Post by luthorcorp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:30 am

Dear all

I was initially here on HSMP which is gonna expire on march 04, 2010.

I have sent my application yesterday for extension under Tier 1. Soon after that I came to know that according to the new photo guidance, the photographs must be on a grey or cream background, however the photos I sent have white background.

Would you think this will create issues? If so will I be able to send new photos again while application is under process and whats the best way of doing this in that case.

Thanks for your time and help