ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family appointment booking success

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

who??
Newly Registered

Post by who?? » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:55 pm

just got my appointment for a family of 4 !!! :D :D :!: Ya you heard me right...after trying on line for days and don`t mention my phone bill from phoning UKBA every morning. Special thanx to Ch0led60 you rock. :!: ..i know this is only step one but i was a few minutes short of throwing my money away to the greedy immigration lawyers/consultants charging a fortune. Dont give up guys

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Congrats!!!
How did you manage to book for family?

who??
Newly Registered

Post by who?? » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:09 am

hie there

you need to make sure you are logged on around 1600 our appointment just came up between 1630 and 1700 . make sure you are not logged out by continously flicking between the PEOs , the week/dates , in the PM or AM box mark Both and clicking the search button. I know you will be sitting on your computer clicking your mouse like a robot but its worth a try.

good luck

amo
Newly Registered

Post by amo » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:32 pm

In hope that I increase the optimism of future applicants, I also got an appointment for family of 4 in the Sheffiled PEO. I phoned them just before 9am, everything was finished in around 5 minutes. I tried continously online for couple of weeks with no luck, it was relatively straightforward by phone. Good luck!

diago_nelson

Re: family appointment booking success

Post by diago_nelson » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:04 pm

I wanted to know if we book a family appointment online, does the final confirmation page shows details of only the main applicant ?
Please advise.
who?? wrote:just got my appointment for a family of 4 !!! :D :D :!: Ya you heard me right...after trying on line for days and don`t mention my phone bill from phoning UKBA every morning. Special thanx to Ch0led60 you rock. :!: ..i know this is only step one but i was a few minutes short of throwing my money away to the greedy immigration lawyers/consultants charging a fortune. Dont give up guys

smartchap2k

Post by smartchap2k » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:01 pm

Mesmerised !!

Anyhow, it says that every person attending should register. however in case of ILR set (0) it is not mandatory for the dependant to attend.

Is it okay if i register for myself and attend just myself only as the main applicant, but include my spouse on set(0) as dependant and take her passport only.

She is not attending. and she is not registred while booking online.

would that be okay?

Gurus,
need your expert advice urgently please

diago_nelson

Post by diago_nelson » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:53 pm

It is not OK. You have to register all your dependents online, even though they are not accompanying you to the PEO.
You need to have a letter from the dependents though.
smartchap2k wrote:Mesmerised !!

Anyhow, it says that every person attending should register. however in case of ILR set (0) it is not mandatory for the dependant to attend.

Is it okay if i register for myself and attend just myself only as the main applicant, but include my spouse on set(0) as dependant and take her passport only.

She is not attending. and she is not registred while booking online.

would that be okay?

Gurus,
need your expert advice urgently please

smartchap2k

Post by smartchap2k » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:50 am

Hi

Does anyone have a sample of that letter from dependent? :?: just wondering what it looks like... :!:

suneetkapoor
Newly Registered

Post by suneetkapoor » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:34 am

Congrats!

Can you explain how you got the appointment? Was it online or via phone? I have been unsuccessful to get appointment online for a family of 4. I would appreciate your input.

Thanks!

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:07 pm

suneetkapoor wrote:Congrats!

Can you explain how you got the appointment? Was it online or via phone? I have been unsuccessful to get appointment online for a family of 4. I would appreciate your input.

Thanks!
Try evenings, especially Fridays after 6-6:30 you are bound to get loads of appointments for family. I booked mine for a family of 3 this friday and I see them listing appointments ever so often now (again especially friday evenings)

good luck!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:10 pm

vinseh wrote: Try evenings, especially Fridays after 6-6:30 you are bound to get loads of appointments for family. I booked mine for a family of 3 this friday and I see them listing appointments ever so often now (again especially friday evenings)

good luck!
No family appointment available. Have been trying since 6:00pm and it is now 7:09pm!

Same response for any center, any week and any time - "There are currently no appointments available, please try again later".

regards

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:57 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
vinseh wrote: Try evenings, especially Fridays after 6-6:30 you are bound to get loads of appointments for family. I booked mine for a family of 3 this friday and I see them listing appointments ever so often now (again especially friday evenings)

good luck!
No family appointment available. Have been trying since 6:00pm and it is now 7:09pm!

Same response for any center, any week and any time - "There are currently no appointments available, please try again later".

regards

please have patience i'm sure you'll get an appointment, fridays are the 'DAYS'. I wish you had mentioned this earlier and i'd have informed you when the appointments were on. Unfortunately I can't do that now since I've managed to book mine last friday and now it doesn't allow me to search for any more appointments, just shows the confirmation page :(

when are u due to apply?

Just have the booking page on in the background and keep doing what u r doing and keep checking every few minutes without getting logged out :) it's a pain trying to log back in especially for family appointments...lots of entries :)

BTW i've sent u a PM...need some advice please

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi Sushd,
I saw plenty of single appointments until 23/03 last week.
best regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:22 am

I am 2 weeks away from booking an appointment (given the 6 week open window), so not panicking as yet.

Logged on for the first time day before yesterday evening to check how the system works and if "appointments are released on Friday evenings" thingi was true. Didn't find any (family appointment) on Friday. Same story yesterday (Sat.)! Hoping I will get lucky in another 2 weeks time.

But yes, there were quite a few single slots available at almost all the locations.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:50 am

Appointments will now started appearing from 23/03 onwards, as I have been looking for 1st wk of April for myself.I havent found any issue with phone either, have called only twice and was offered a March appointment both times, last being 23rd March.
If youre looking at March do call as well.
best regards