ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2 and studying

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juanitajv
Newly Registered

EEA 2 and studying

Post by juanitajv » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:04 pm

Hi folks - I just want a general opinion. I was studying at a college and all my courses was for 3 terms although. Posted my EEA2 app in Jan, week before I had to enrol for 2nd term. Got to the college and they refused to let me enrol without my passport (this is after I enrolled last term (in Jun 09) and they NEVER asked for my passport, thought it was funny at the time but I had no issues to enrol). Now they tell me from April 2009 they have to see you passport, so now im fighting to get my fees back which I paid for in double I might add as I've not been in the UK for 3 years yet. Also have not received the COA from UKBA yet and all the emails I've sent to UKBAeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
has not been answered. I just want to double check - I'm allowed to study while I wait for my app right? the college has been very unhelpfull, refusing to phone UKBA to confirm my status, and I believe that since protocall was not followed on their side in the first place, I'm entiteled to get my money back as the enrollment staff failed to check my passport or advise that I would have a problem enrolling for the next terms. I mean, I would not have started my studies if that was the case. FYI im an unmarried partner to an eea national, we have been here for just over a year. they had approved my FMRS stamp so now it's on to the next one- eea2 app. Anyone know how long the wait is on getting the residence card?

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:07 am

My wife is currently studying while she waits for her EEA2 to be processed, so I don't see any problem