ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

At long last...I got it!!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Melyni
Newly Registered

At long last...I got it!!!!

Post by Melyni » Mon May 24, 2004 11:04 pm

Today, I received my approval for the HSMP. Wow...what a week. Monday was my 33rd birthday, my English boyfriend proposed to me the same day and on Tuesday, my HSMP application was approved. What a banner week.

Here is my timeline...

Application Received in Doncaster: 20 Feb
Credit card charged: 23 Feb
Decision made: 18 May
Decision letter received in US: 24 May

Points requested: 75
Education: 15
Work Experience: 35
Income: 25

Now, as far as my application information goes:

I submitted the following in a 3 ring binder. Each document was housed in its own clear plastic sleeve. Behind the original, I placed a copy of the document. Each section was divided by a different color tab.

The documents were organized in the following manner:

1. Binder portfolio cover listed my name, 28+ application, and contact information.

2. Application
3. Cover letter: request for review, reason why applying, notice of duplicate copies behind originals.
4. Inventory of Supporting Evidence: outline of all documents housed in Introduction, Application Documentation, and Additional Documentation sections.
5. CV w/ references
6. Notarized color copy of passport (photo and signature pages)
7. Original college transcripts (Bachelor of Arts) with accreditation information
8. Original transcript of Masters of Arts (in process) with accreditation information.
9. Employer letters of reference from past two employers (10 yrs). FYI: I wrote these letters and had them signed by the appropriate parties and put on company letterhead. That way I could ensure format and content was appropriate for HSMP requirements
10. Client letter (endorsement regarding project I managed)
11. Income conversion summary sheet
12. Xe.com currency conversion results (US dollar to pound)
13. Original 2003 earnings statement
14. Original 2003 federal income tax statement (W2)
15. Original 2003 compensation summary statement (includes bonus pd in 2004)
16. 2.8 English language skills: statement of US public and private school education and work experience all in English
17. 2.9 Relevant Qualifications: Statement that no licences/designations are required for my field of experience
18. Several job postings in my field from different online recruitment agencies
19. Email copies of invitations to interview w/ contacts in London
20. 2.13 Evidence Regarding Expected Earnings: market analyses from www.reed.co.uk and references to earlier job postings listing salaries.
21. Summary of Personal Assets: liquid and illiquid (house, car)
22. Bank statements, letter from estate agent/mortgage statement showing value of house and amount owed on mortgage, and Kellys Blue Book statement of estimated value of car, notarized copy of car title
23. Projected Budget: housing, utilities, food, transportation
24. Proof for budget: letter regarding free housing/utilities/food from my fiance. brochures showing train commute expenses

I hope some of you find this helpful. Good luck to you in your HSMP pursuits! :D :) :D :lol:

tech
Member of Standing

Congrats

Post by tech » Tue May 25, 2004 1:07 am

Melyni

Congrats on your approval. Good luck on Entry clearance.

Share you thoughts your EC.

kiwi_mike
Newly Registered

Post by kiwi_mike » Tue May 25, 2004 3:32 am

Congrats Melyni, sounds like everything is falling into place for you.

I just got my EC today. It only took one day to come through! It all still seems a bit surreal after such a long wait having first applied for HSMP back at the start of Feb. I guess the reality will kick in when I get on board a plane destined for London!

Good luck anyway.

Cheers
Mike :D

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue May 25, 2004 6:03 pm

Melyni,

Congratulations on your success and many thanks for posting your details - your application was certainly well organised and crucially properly documented with substantive supporting documentation. EC should be a mere formality - London and our fashion markets (I vaguely recall this being your line but I may be wrong) eagerly await you.

My gratitude to La_Mike too on behalf of the moderators and I am sure the rest of the forum for maintaining the HSMP case process Excel Spreadsheet.

Warmest Regards

Kayalami

Square

Post by Square » Tue May 25, 2004 8:07 pm

My Congrats also to Melyini.

I do not see why your applications would have fallen through...you were so organised and that typifies a professional worthy of the HSMP award.

Best wishes at job hunting/setting up and bon voyage to the UK.

JayGee

Wow

Post by JayGee » Mon May 31, 2004 3:00 pm

Congrats to you on both obtaining HSMP status and engagement.

tyrex2000
Newly Registered

Do I still need documents if I'm not claiming any points

Post by tyrex2000 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:10 am

Hi,

I am earning a pathetic 12000 :cry: and living in Singapore (group A) so won't be able to claim any points under income, do I still need to submit my wage slips etc. to prove I'm atleast earning something.

Cheers,
Tyrex

Melyni
Newly Registered

Income

Post by Melyni » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:14 am

It is my understanding that if you are not attempting to claim points for a given category, you don't need to provide evidence to that effect. So, if you can reach 65+ pts w/o including your income...you won't need to supply proof of it until you get the HSMP status and go for entry clearance. At that point, you will need proof of income and proof of assets.

SNM
Newly Registered

Post by SNM » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:20 pm

With regards to Melyni….I think there is a link between senior level post and earning high level income. If Tarex holds senior level post but earns low level income, his/her claims for senior level post may create confusion to case worker. It will not be meaningless for him/her to enclose pay slip , tax return etc. to prove that though he/she doesn’t earn high level income as per HSMP criteria , his/her income is near the border line of the respective income band.

Melyni
Newly Registered

Post by Melyni » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:50 pm

Agreed. Good point.

tyrex2000
Newly Registered

Post by tyrex2000 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:37 am

Thx for the comments, I too am planning to submit my payslips, atleast it will indicate that I am gainfully employed.

Offbeat, just a critique to SNM's comment, the general thinking on pay level doesn't apply when comparing cross country pay rates, especially so in the IT field.

e.g. Today, if I get HSMP, I can easily earn 40K-50K pounds in the UK, but even my Boss (with almost 7 years more experience than me) doesn't make 27,000 in Singapore (i.e. 84,000 SGD) and he's not even under 28 (which means he should be earning 40,000, impossible in this field)