ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

no time limit (NTL) processing times (urgent)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

0gfe10
Newly Registered

no time limit (NTL) processing times (urgent)

Post by 0gfe10 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:06 pm

hello to all, i applied for a transfer of my ilr into my new passport as the old one has expired.

postal application
date submitted - 18 dec 2009
payment debited - 21 dec
acknowledgement received 23 dec 2009

i am aware ukba states that waiting times could be within 4 weeks or more. the thing is i wanted to travel around the end of January. can anyone shed some light on thier experiences with regards to visa transfer unto a new passport.

i searched ad infinitum on the forum to no avail

cheers happy Xmas to all and sundry

jayc
Newly Registered

Post by jayc » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:39 pm

Hi,
Have you received it yet?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:08 pm

Transfer of visa costs a crazy amount. I think it's £165. why not just carry both passports with you?
I tell it like it is.

EFR3
Newly Registered

Post by EFR3 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:39 am

boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:Transfer of visa costs a crazy amount. I think it's £165. why not just carry both passports with you?
yes you r right its too much cost it better to carry two passport.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:48 am

To the op, I think you should get it back by late january but you're cutting it pretty close. I hope you didn't book any flights or anything.
I tell it like it is.

0gfe10
Newly Registered

Post by 0gfe10 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:05 pm

jayc wrote:Hi,
Have you received it yet?
not yet :(
boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:Transfer of visa costs a crazy amount. I think it's £165. why not just carry both passports with you?
i know i changed my name on the new passport and really didn't won't to go through the rigmarole at immigration control
boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:To the op, I think you should get it back by late january but you're cutting it pretty close. I hope you didn't book any flights or anything.
i hope so, waiting for it before buying a ticket. cheers

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:20 pm

Good luck! Let us know when you get it. :)
I tell it like it is.

jayc
Newly Registered

Post by jayc » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:48 am

With change of name I think 8 weeks, else 6 weeks on average time for posted application

0gfe10
Newly Registered

Post by 0gfe10 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:13 pm

guys am yet to recieve my passport, i just started uni and need the passpport for my enrollment ( last day is 17 feb) or they will defer my place for september. i called ukba lat week to enquire about the status and the guy i spoke to rebuff me with a 14 week cooling off period before they can look into it, i am uneasy with this development. how can it take the ukba almost 2 months to transfer a stamp unto a new paasport when it takes them relatively and hour with premiuim service? is there anyway i can find out whats going on? thanks for all your help

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:25 am

0gfe10 wrote:guys am yet to recieve my passport, i just started uni and need the passpport for my enrollment ( last day is 17 feb) or they will defer my place for september. i called ukba lat week to enquire about the status and the guy i spoke to rebuff me with a 14 week cooling off period before they can look into it, i am uneasy with this development. how can it take the ukba almost 2 months to transfer a stamp unto a new paasport when it takes them relatively and hour with premiuim service? is there anyway i can find out whats going on? thanks for all your help
Visa transfer is probably at the bottom (or very close to it) in the list of UKBA's service priorities ... perhaps 'coz it doesn't affect the applicant's immigration status in the country! And not a mandatory requirement dictated by UKBA either!

Withdraw your application if you desperately need your passports back. If not done earlier, send a prepaid self-addressed Special Delivery envelope with the withdrawal request so that you can get your passports back at the earliest. It's better to lose 165 quids than lose 6 months of life!

regards

naumanmumtaz

Post by naumanmumtaz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:43 am

I would say UKBA are very lazy. I submitted my application on 08/12/2009 for NTL. I paid premium service £515 so I would get my passposrt on same day as I wanted to travel back then but I was told UKBA needs to make some further checks...(crap) don't know what types of checks they wanna carry as everything I gave them but still lady could not tell me what checks??????
Now everytime I call to get update same crap wait 14 weeks before any update. I bet after 14weeks they will say same thing "Oh we still carrying some checks"........

ANY ADVISE GUYS??????????

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:57 pm

Similar situation with me, applied for ILR to be transfered to my new passport, paid permium servise for the same day, I have to say I had changed my name on the new passport, was told to get a confirmation from the ebmassy about my new name as it is writtin inthe new passport, did that within 2 days (that was about 6-7 weeks ago), confirmed they last time I called them (last week) asked for an update, the person who I tspoked to said I have to wait a minium of 14 weeks IDEALLY, she said it could be more.....