ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Dependant - Marriage certificate verification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanjaywakhare

Tier1 Dependant - Marriage certificate verification

Post by sanjaywakhare » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:40 am

Hi everyone,

I am applying for Tier 1 dependant visa for my wife in Mumbai, India. Does anyone here by any chance know how these people verify Marriage certificates.

Two of my friends also had applied for tier 1 dependant visa. And their visa got rejected saying that the EO found the marriage false.

But I know that the marriage certificate's were genuine and issued by proper process at the marriage registration council.

My Marriage certificate is also issued in proper way at the Marriage registration council. None of the marriage certificates has contact information of the marriage council.

I was just wondering how do theses guys verify marriages?

Please post if you know anything about this.

Thank you

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Tier1 Dependant - Marriage certificate verification

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:45 am

sanjaywakhare wrote:Hi everyone,

I am applying for Tier 1 dependant visa for my wife in Mumbai, India. Does anyone here by any chance know how these people verify Marriage certificates.

Two of my friends also had applied for tier 1 dependant visa. And their visa got rejected saying that the EO found the marriage false.

But I know that the marriage certificate's were genuine and issued by proper process at the marriage registration council.

My Marriage certificate is also issued in proper way at the Marriage registration council. None of the marriage certificates has contact information of the marriage council.

Thank you
You dont have to give details of the council etc. They are very easy to find out. You might want to have a look at the below thread.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=51319

sanjaywakhare

Post by sanjaywakhare » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:57 am

Thanks Aruni,

I have already gone thru. the post. Actually I wanted to ask how come the ECO concludes that the marriage is false.

Sometimes the reason the ECO stated is ridiculous. I would like to share one of my friends experience here.
In one of my friends case, his dependant visa application for hiswife was rejected and the ECO explained that he found the marriage to be a false marriage based on the documents submitted.

He explained the order of events. The primary applicant cane to India (from UK) and got married immediately within 1 week.

And the ECO also stated that such quick occurrence of events makes me believe that this marriage is false.

Now this is ridiculous. Isn't it?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:00 am

And the ECO also stated that such quick occurrence of events makes me believe that this marriage is false.
:o How can he/she conclude that?

What happened after that? Did he appeal/go for admin review/Reapply?

Did he just put his marriage certificate or did he include marriage photos as well or any other documents?

There are a lot of people who get married within a week or ten days from the date of their arrival as they will not get more than 3/4 weeks leave at a stretch.

sanjaywakhare

Post by sanjaywakhare » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:47 am

aruni4470 wrote: What happened after that? Did he appeal/go for admin review/Reapply?
stretch.
Yes he did appeal. But as you must be knowing appeal is a long process. and without much hope. Yes he did provide photos but they were just 2-3 photos. may be this is where he went wrong.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:54 am

sanjaywakhare wrote:
aruni4470 wrote: What happened after that? Did he appeal/go for admin review/Reapply?
stretch.
Yes he did appeal. But as you must be knowing appeal is a long process. and without much hope. Yes he did provide photos but they were just 2-3 photos. may be this is where he went wrong.
One of the members in this forum has raised a query of why people submit photographs (wedding) when it is not required or mentioned in the guidance. At that instance, I agreed to his view and after reading your post, I think it is a good idea to submit photos and not just the photos of the pair but also the photos of the family along with the pair. This may increase the confidence of the CW that this is indeed a genuine marriage and not done for human trafficking.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:59 am

aruni4470 wrote:One of the members in this forum has raised a query of why people submit photographs (wedding) when it is not required or mentioned in the guidance. At that instance, I agreed to his view and after reading your post, I think it is a good idea to submit photos and not just the photos of the pair but also the photos of the family along with the pair. This may increase the confidence of the CW that this is indeed a genuine marriage and not done for human trafficking.
Rightly said Aruni...

For some countries (or all) the best and safest way while applying for dependents alone is that along with the Marriage certificate submit 5-6 marriage photos with different people (relatives/friends) in the background so that it creates the confidence in CW as you mentioned..

ash786
BANNED

Re: Tier1 Dependant - Marriage certificate verification

Post by ash786 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:30 am

sanjaywakhare wrote:Hi everyone,

Thank you
1. A Notary Public /Magistrate or Foreign Office from your home country.

sanjaywakhare

Post by sanjaywakhare » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:34 am

@Aruni, Ramesh

Right, I am of opinion that one should submit the following for dependant visa application:

1. Marriage Certificate.
2. Photograph of main events in Marriage. (Havan, wearing mangalsutra, pheras...yes they do see these things)

Photograph showing crowd attending the marriage, 1 or 2 Reception photos if possible, 1 or 2 engagement photos.

3. Husband-Wife's joint bank account statements (This strengthens the application, as people will have joint account only with people closely related)

4. Some people also show property document if husband and wife both are co-owners of the property.

5. If a 'Name Change after marriage' declaration is made in the official Government Gazette, attaching a 'English' copy of it will be helpful.

6. Insurance policy document where both husband-wife's name appear.

Submitting documents mentioned in point 1 and 2 are MANDATORY.

Submitting any 2 (or more than 2 ) documents from above 3-6 points will definitely make the application strong and prove that the marriage is not false

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:38 am

sanjaywakhare wrote:@Aruni, Ramesh

Right, I am of opinion that one should submit the following for dependant visa application:

1. Marriage Certificate.
2. Photograph of main events in Marriage. (Havan, wearing mangalsutra, pheras...yes they do see these things)

Photograph showing crowd attending the marriage, 1 or 2 Reception photos if possible, 1 or 2 engagement photos.

3. Husband-Wife's joint bank account statements (This strengthens the application, as people will have joint account only with people closely related)

4. Some people also show property document if husband and wife both are co-owners of the property.

5. If a 'Name Change after marriage' declaration is made in the official Government Gazette, attaching a 'English' copy of it will be helpful.

Submitting any 2 (or more than 2 ) documents from above 3-6 points will definitely make the application strong and prove that the marriage is not false
Sanjay.. Too much info is also not good.. i rekon.. point 1 and 2 are more than enough..

btw.. did u resolve your Tier1(G) Visa issue or received a reply form the BHC email?? before applying for your dependent as Tier1(G) Dependent?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:45 am

Correct Ramesh.

Too much information also is not good.

As Ramesh said marriage certificate and few photos of the couple with family and friends should be enough.

sanjaywakhare

Post by sanjaywakhare » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:45 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
Sanjay.. Too much info is also not good.. i rekon.. point 1 and 2 are more than enough..

btw.. did u resolve your Tier1(G) Visa issue or received a reply form the BHC email?? before applying for your dependent as Tier1(G) Dependent?
Nope I did not get any reply from BHC yet. But heard that BHC takes 18- 20 days to reply. :(

Saga

Post by Saga » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:11 pm

My understanding is these would be good to provide if there is a long gap between marriage date and visa application date. Otherwise, no need.

Jacob123

Post by Jacob123 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:03 pm

I noticed in couple of threads that members have also submitted CD/DVD with recording of the entire marriage. I think that is a great idea if added with 1 and 2

1. Marriage Certificate.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Jacob123 wrote:I noticed in couple of threads that members have also submitted CD/DVD with recording of the entire marriage. I think that is a great idea if added with 1 and 2

1. Marriage Certificate.

I did try to submit the DVD but the VFS will return the DVD media, only photos