ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need Help please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

I need Help please

Post by Azhaar » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:52 pm

helllo, I am holder of eea residence card expiring in 2013 but me and my husband are separated for nearly 2 years, i dont know about him at all.

I gave birth to a baby in 16/08/2009 and im now claiming benefits.

my solicitor advised me to get extension of 3 years which will cost me £465, and it will be applied on some compassionate grounds.

im so worried as it might get refused.

i cannot go home with my baby as my country wont give status to my baby as the father isnt from my country.

so my baby is kinda of stateless.

my baby isnt from the EEA national whom im a family member of.

the father of the baby isnt here with me and left us when i was pregnant.

my culture wont accept me as well as my baby was born to a man who isnt my husband.

i was separated off my eea husband due the fact of domestic viloence,
i was working but when i got pregnant i was really ill and weak to work.
so i claimed benefit.

now my baby is born and i cant find a job so im still on benefits.

my solicitor Advised me to get an extension but im really worried.
i dont know if this will be ok or not ... please i need some advise..

thank you

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:17 pm

So you married an EEA citizen who has now gone. Then u had a baby out of wedlock with another man, where is he from? Is he British? Does he want to maintain contact with the child? Just re-read, doesn't look good.

It seems you can't apply under EEA rules since you weren't together long enough plus u'd need proof of him exercising a treaty right. I'm pretty sure DV won't help since I think that concession applies only to ILR - ie UK immigration rules.

I think ur solicitor is talking about Discretionary Leave, which to be honest in my view is clutching at straws since it's hard to fine any real reason why you can't home with the child and face the music. Cultural issues are of no concern to the UK, you don't have to go to ur family, just back to Yemen.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:50 pm

i was married to my husband before separating for more than 3 years and i was in the uk with him for about 1, and half year.
baby's father as far as i know he isnt british

yemen will just say the baby should follow her father's nationality which means the baby cannot be yemeni cus i already asked the embbasy here to provide the baby with a passport but they refused as the law in yemen doesnt give a baby of yemen mother and foriegn father the yemeni nationality and as well i have to be at least married to the father of the baby if he was yemeni, which he isnt and im not married to him.

the solicitor got some reports from my phsyicatrist and social services.

but im really worried about this.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:56 pm

Azhaar wrote:i was married to my husband before separating for more than 3 years and i was in the uk with him for about 1, and half year.
baby's father as far as i know he isnt british

yemen will just say the baby should follow her father's nationality which means the baby cannot be yemeni cus i already asked the embbasy here to provide the baby with a passport but they refused as the law in yemen doesnt give a baby of yemen mother and foriegn father the yemeni nationality and as well i have to be at least married to the father of the baby if he was yemeni, which he isnt and im not married to him.

the solicitor got some reports from my phsyicatrist and social services.

but im really worried about this.
According this ur child can have Yemen Nationality

"Article (4):
By Republican Decree and upon the submission of the Minister, Yemen nationality may be granted in the following cases:
a) Whosoever is born abroad of a mother who holds this nationality and a father of unknown nationality or who has no nationality, provided that he has made his ordinary domicile in the Yemen in a legitimate manner for a period of ten successive years at least before attaining the age of adulthood and his application choosing the Yemeni nationality has been submitted during one year from his attaining adulthood."
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:43 pm

the father is egyptian, but im not married to him, in yemen they know that my husband is polish. so will the rule still applies?..

thanks

BLK235

Post by BLK235 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:14 pm

Azhaar wrote:the father is egyptian, but im not married to him, in yemen they know that my husband is polish. so will the rule still applies?..

thanks
Who do you mean by "they"?

helloitsme
Newly Registered

Post by helloitsme » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:33 pm

8) Good luck Azhar and i hope you get your wish granted

Azhaar
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Azhaar » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:17 pm

i mean by they "the yemen government"...

thank you helloitsme for ur sweet wishes..

my situation is complicated..

but do u think it will help if i get a job
and should i stop getting Housing benefit?

cus i found a job.

thanks