ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Deadline for entering the UK after Tier 1 visa is approved

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Leo2010
Newly Registered

Deadline for entering the UK after Tier 1 visa is approved

Post by Leo2010 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:51 pm

After the Tier 1 (General) visa is approved, how long can I wait before entering the UK? Is there a deadline?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Deadline for entering the UK after Tier 1 visa is approv

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:06 pm

Leo2010 wrote:After the Tier 1 (General) visa is approved, how long can I wait before entering the UK? Is there a deadline?
There is no time limit to enter. But, might affect your ILR.

Leo2010
Newly Registered

Re: Deadline for entering the UK after Tier 1 visa is approv

Post by Leo2010 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:14 pm

I'm thinking of applying to UK jobs from my country only after getting the Tier 1 visa stamped on my passport. Then I'll line up some interviews and enter the UK.
aruni4470 wrote:
Leo2010 wrote:After the Tier 1 (General) visa is approved, how long can I wait before entering the UK? Is there a deadline?
There is no time limit to enter. But, might affect your ILR.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:17 pm

I'm thinking of applying to UK jobs from my country only after getting the Tier 1 visa stamped on my passport. Then I'll line up some interviews and enter the UK.
Not an easy task in my experience. Not sure if anybody else has got positive response when applying from their home country for jobs in UK.

Anio

Post by Anio » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:46 am

To be honest, all things are possible - you might just get lucky.

After receiving my Tier 1 visa, I applied for jobs from my home country. I applied via agencies and directly to companies. I had to use a UK address and phone number of a relative (where i would be staying when i arrive anyway). I got a few responses by email and some on the answering machine, I also indicated that my preferred correspondence was via email. In following up i realised that most people want to see you in-country and I might be regarded as a 'time-waster' if not available for an immediate interview.

So on getting one/ two serious leads, i told them i would be able to attend an interview during a certain week. I was able to get two job interviews in the same week and i took the risk to come over to the UK specifically for those. My family thought I was crazy wasting money but in the end it worked out and I got a permanent job offer. My start date gave me enough time to resign from my present employment at that time and come over with my family all at once. This was before the recession hit but then that is another story………

This was just my experience and might be different for others. I still work with the same company that employed me from my home country.

P.S. My 'Plan B' was to come to the UK if no luck with job search from home and do whatever work i could find till i get the right one, so all these needs to be put in perspective......