ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

proof of savings

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MWill

proof of savings

Post by MWill » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi, just a question on proof of savings, as the sponsor of a settlement visa.

I only get an annual statement for my savings account as it's a savings book account, so I went to the local branch of the bank. At the desk they gave me a "mini statement" - not one from a cash point, but printed on special mini-statement bank stationary with their logo (in black and white). It shows several transactions and my full name. The clerk stamped it, signed it and dated it.

Should this be OK as proof of this? The date is handwritten, next to the signature and the stamp. Also, because the bank has been rebranded lately, the clerk crossed out the company name on the stamp and hand-wrote the new name (both logos are on the mini-statement stationary, and there's an explanation of the rebranding at the bottom).

Should this do?

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:55 pm

why not photocopy the bank book and get the bank to stamp the photocopy as genuine....or better still, call the bank and ask for an up to date statement. they will probably charge you maybe £20 but its worth it.

MWill

Post by MWill » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:28 pm

Thanks! Good ideas. So you don't think what I have would be accepted?

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:15 pm

it might be accepted but i would rather spend a few pounds and make it 100% foolproof rather than risk it.

taromiew
Newly Registered

Post by taromiew » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:50 pm

I have a savings book account too and the building society offered to write me a letter on their headed paper with their details, my name, address, account number and how much I had in that account. It was free of charge and they said it was standard practice so it may well be worth asking if that's possible. This was accepted with my application without any problems.

MWill

Post by MWill » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:42 pm

taromiew wrote:I have a savings book account too and the building society offered to write me a letter on their headed paper with their details, my name, address, account number and how much I had in that account. It was free of charge and they said it was standard practice so it may well be worth asking if that's possible. This was accepted with my application without any problems.
Might try that. I made an enquiry with the customer service line and they said they don't issue statements for my kind of account, apart from the annual one. Might try going to my branch and getting a letter. The mini statement they gave me doesn't have my address on it (though it has my full name) - don't know if that would be an issue or not. My last statement does have my address on it, and I'm including that too.

MWill

Post by MWill » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:37 am

Just one more thing, just to be sure - it shouldn't be a problem that the name on the stamp has been crossed out and corrected by hand by the clerk, should it?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:53 pm

Just get the bank to copy every page and get it stamped by a member of staff to say that its a true copy of your saving book.

Also get them to do a letter to state what your current balance is on the day you ask for it.

All these should be done on official bank headed papers with no crossing out of anything as it will give rise to suspicion by the ECO

MWill

Post by MWill » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:07 pm

[oops, sorry

Is it really a problem if they made the correction themselves and I explain that in the sponsor's letter? I think they have to do that when they stamp something now, as they haven't had new stamps yet.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: proof of savings

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:15 pm

MWill wrote:Hi, just a question on proof of savings, as the sponsor of a settlement visa.

I only get an annual statement for my savings account as it's a savings book account, so I went to the local branch of the bank. At the desk they gave me a "mini statement" - not one from a cash point, but printed on special mini-statement bank stationary with their logo (in black and white). It shows several transactions and my full name. The clerk stamped it, signed it and dated it.

Should this be OK as proof of this? The date is handwritten, next to the signature and the stamp. Also, because the bank has been rebranded lately, the clerk crossed out the company name on the stamp and hand-wrote the new name (both logos are on the mini-statement stationary, and there's an explanation of the rebranding at the bottom).

Should this do?

Yes this would be ok..If you can add letter from bank as well then great.

Still you would be ok

UK_Banned_Member
Please always seek legal advise from OSIC consultant or immigration solicitor.These are my personal views gain through experience or study.

UK_Banned_Member

MWill

Post by MWill » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:55 am

Thanks! I hope that will be OK.

MWill

Post by MWill » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:06 pm

sorry - ignore!