ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting UK after 1.5 years on valid Tier 1 visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramkrishna17
Newly Registered

Visiting UK after 1.5 years on valid Tier 1 visa

Post by ramkrishna17 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:39 pm

Hi all,
I have a valid tier 1 visa stamped on may 2008 valid to may 2011.But due to personal commitments i was not able to go to uk ,although i made a short visit in aug 2008.I did check with the embassy ,they said you can visit as long your visa is valid but entry clearance depends on the discretion of the immigration officer at the port.

I have 2 questions,
1)can the immigration officer have the right to deport although i have valid visa.Has anybody heard of such case if it has happened.

2)Will this long delay in entering the country ,pose any problem for extension of my visa considering i am able to meet the earnings in UK.

Thanks in advance for all your support.

Regards,
Rama

ash786
BANNED

Re: Visiting UK after 1.5 years on valid Tier 1 visa

Post by ash786 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:44 pm

ramkrishna17 wrote:Hi all,
I have a valid tier 1 visa stamped on may 2008 valid to may 2011.But due to personal commitments i was not able to go to uk ,although i made a short visit in aug 2008.I did check with the embassy ,they said you can visit as long your visa is valid but entry clearance depends on the discretion of the immigration officer at the port.

I have 2 questions,
1)can the immigration officer have the right to deport although i have valid visa.Has anybody heard of such case if it has happened.

2)Will this long delay in entering the country ,pose any problem for extension of my visa considering i am able to meet the earnings in UK.

Thanks in advance for all your support.

Regards,
Rama
1. Not a problem at all.
2. U hav a valid visa so they can not refuse u entry.
3. The only question they might ask is about u long absence from the UK where u can say personal circumstances.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:55 pm

The immigration officer has the right to cancel the visa and deport or send anybody back if he finds any discrepancies with the visa for example, if he discovers that the visa holder has used deception to obtain that visa or if one has a valid student visa who is returning to UK and he finds out that that student is working more than 20 hours etc

But as long as one has not used any deception etc and abides by his visa conditions, the immigration officer will not deny entry to anybody with a valid visa.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:51 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
The immigration officer has the right to cancel the visa and deport or send anybody back if he finds any discrepancies with the visa for example, if he discovers that the visa holder has used deception to obtain that visa or if one has a valid student visa who is returning to UK and he finds out that that student is working more than 20 hours etc

But as long as one has not used any deception etc and abides by his visa conditions, the immigration officer will not deny entry to anybody with a valid visa.
1. My answer was specifically for the OP and not as a general answer.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:09 pm

ash786 wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:

1. My answer was specifically for the OP and not as a general answer.
Not referring to your answer. Responding to OPs query where he/she was asking if the immigration officer had the right to revoke a valid visa. Apologies if misunderstood.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:11 pm

Not referring to your answer. Responding to OPs query where he/she was asking if the immigration officer had the right to revoke a valid visa. Apologies if misunderstood.[/quote]

1. Not a problem.

Saga

Post by Saga » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:22 pm

Isn't there a limit of 6 months to travel after Tier 1 issued?

There used to be this limit on HSMP and I am thinking this might have been transferred to Tier 1 too as its a replacement of HSMP.

Please correct me !

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:41 pm

Saga wrote:Isn't there a limit of 6 months to travel after Tier 1 issued?

There used to be this limit on HSMP and I am thinking this might have been transferred to Tier 1 too as its a replacement of HSMP.

Please correct me !
There is no 6 month limit either on Tier 1 or HSMP.

ramkrishna17
Newly Registered

Post by ramkrishna17 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:09 am

I am bit relieved now.Thanks to all for answering my questions.