ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from Bank on Maintenance fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nagu

Letter from Bank on Maintenance fund

Post by Nagu » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi All,

Do we really need to send the letter from bank as below for MAintenance fund?

"Letter from a bank confirming funds and that they have been in bank for at least three months"

or Can we request to refer the last 3 months statement?

Cheers,
Nagu

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Letter from Bank on Maintenance fund

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:58 pm

Nagu wrote:Hi All,

Do we really need to send the letter from bank as below for MAintenance fund?

"Letter from a bank confirming funds and that they have been in bank for at least three months"

or Can we request to refer the last 3 months statement?

Cheers,
Nagu
If your Bankstatements are ORIGINAL Bankstatements (ie. received them regularly by post at your home address) in that case you DO NOT require to send a letter from bank and you can just ask them to refer to the latest 3months statements in the cover letter..

Nagu

Post by Nagu » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:07 am

Thanks Buddy..

Yes i have original bank statements received by post everymonth.

In this case, Do ui need to get the Stamp and signature on teh Original bank statemenst?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:30 am

Nagu wrote:Thanks Buddy..

In this case, Do ui need to get the Stamp and signature on teh Original bank statemenst?
NO you dont need to get the PAYSLIPS/BANKSTATEMENTS signed or stamped if they are ORIGINAL>>

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:25 pm

Nagu wrote:Thanks Buddy..

no
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

Anio

Post by Anio » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:49 am

I have my online statements but just ordered the periods required from the bank (HSBC and Lloyds), will i need to get these stamped and signed as well?

I read sometime ago that some banks don't like to stamp/ sign - can't find the thread for more details.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:37 pm

Anio wrote:I have my online statements but just ordered the periods required from the bank (HSBC and Lloyds), will i need to get these stamped and signed as well?

I read sometime ago that some banks don't like to stamp/ sign - can't find the thread for more details.
Are you asking if the ORDERED statements need sign/stamp? - NO, you don't need to get them sign/stamp.. as long as you receive them by post..

Electronic bankstatements of regular account requires sign/stamp...

Anio

Post by Anio » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:06 pm

I was curious to know what format HSBC would provide their statements so I apparently went into HSBC branch and asked for my last few months statements, they were printed, then stamped and signed but were not on the letter headed paper, just plain A4.

I don't need these statements till early May, when i intend to apply. Can i still use them as they've been dated? Also if i request/ order over the phone to receive by post - will this be on their letter headed paper?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Anio wrote:I was curious to know what format HSBC would provide their statements so I apparently went into HSBC branch and asked for my last few months statements, they were printed, then stamped and signed but were not on the letter headed paper, just plain A4.

I don't need these statements till early May, when i intend to apply. Can i still use them as they've been dated? Also if i request/ order over the phone to receive by post - will this be on their letter headed paper?
I understand that you will be applying in early May.. in that case.. because HSBC has the option to order the bankstatements of previous month through customer care and you receive them by post in 5-7days.. You better order the missing statements right now and try to with ORIGINAL Bankstatements when you apply instead of these signed and stamped statements..

The bankstatements thta are resent on request are Valid and are in Original format.. (though it mentions DUP, but it is accepted by HO, i used the same).. so go for the originals only.. hope i covered ur query

Anio

Post by Anio » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:09 pm

understand that you will be applying in early May.. in that case.. because HSBC has the option to order the bankstatements of previous month through customer care and you receive them by post in 5-7days.. You better order the missing statements right now and try to with ORIGINAL Bankstatements when you apply instead of these signed and stamped statements..

The bankstatements thta are resent on request are Valid and are in Original format.. (though it mentions DUP, but it is accepted by HO, i used the same).. so go for the originals only.. hope i covered ur query
Thanks for clarifying, it is becoming much clearer and the whole process not so intimidating. However, I can't avoid the stamped/ signed statement as i only just started keeping my maintenance fund early feb, so will need to show account for 1st week in may. On the bright side, all the other months will be originals. :D

I suppose i won't need letter from HSBC, only stamp/ signed versions?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Anio wrote:
understand that you will be applying in early May.. in that case.. because HSBC has the option to order the bankstatements of previous month through customer care and you receive them by post in 5-7days.. You better order the missing statements right now and try to with ORIGINAL Bankstatements when you apply instead of these signed and stamped statements..

Thanks for clarifying, it is becoming much clearer and the whole process not so intimidating. However, I can't avoid the stamped/ signed statement as i only just started keeping my maintenance fund early feb, so will need to show account for 1st week in may. On the bright side, all the other months will be originals. :D

I suppose i won't need letter from HSBC, only stamp/ signed versions?
Yes, if your HSBC account is a normal regular account, just a stamped/signed Electronic bankstatements are enough for you to go ahead..

saj19

Post by saj19 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Hi tvn_ramesh,

In case I dont have original statements but have the printouts given on official bank letter head and stamped by the bank, would that be ok for Funds maintainence.

Appreciate your advice.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:44 pm

saj19 wrote:Hi tvn_ramesh,

In case I dont have original statements but have the printouts given on official bank letter head and stamped by the bank, would that be ok for Funds maintainence.

Appreciate your advice.
Yes, it is fine if you have bank stamp on every page of the statement... Please read the below Paragraph 201. on Page 36 of HO Tier 1 (General) of the Points Based System – Policy Guidance
Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.

higgs.b0s0n
Newly Registered

Post by higgs.b0s0n » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:00 am

tvn_ramesh wrote: Electronic bankstatements of regular account requires sign/stamp...
Just wanted to confirm this doubt - from what I read in the guidance document, electronic bank statements (bearing the bank's logo and your personal details) may *not* require the bank's official stamp if you could provide a supplementary letter confirming validity of the statements. Did I read this correctly?

Btw, you're doing a great job with the replies, tvn_ramesh. Thanks a lot.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:27 am

higgs.b0s0n wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote: Electronic bankstatements of regular account requires sign/stamp...
Just wanted to confirm this doubt - from what I read in the guidance document, electronic bank statements (bearing the bank's logo and your personal details) may *not* require the bank's official stamp if you could provide a supplementary letter confirming validity of the statements. Did I read this correctly?

Btw, you're doing a great job with the replies, tvn_ramesh. Thanks a lot.
Are you talking about the above quote which i pasted from GUIDANCE Page 36 Paragraph 201.. for maintenance funds proof??
Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.
Here the guidance is speaking about 2things.. Electronic Regular account Bankstatments and Electronic Online accoutn Bankstatements

In case of Regular account you just need sign/stamp on each page of the electronic statements..

but in case of online account you need all these details
name;•
the account number;•
the date of the statement;•
the financial institution’s name and logo;•
transactions covering the three month • period;
PLUS a supporting letter confirming autheticity of the statements provided on the bank letterhead..

hope i answered ur Q..

higgs.b0s0n
Newly Registered

Post by higgs.b0s0n » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:00 pm

In case of Regular account you just need sign/stamp on each page of the electronic statements..
This answered my question - thanks very much.

smarty1277

Post by smarty1277 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:19 pm

I went to VFS New Delhi some days back and got to know that they rejected one application because the Bank Statement was on a the plain A4 papers signed and Stamped. They gave the reason that the papers was not having Bank's Logo. I was asked to collect the Bank Statement either on the paper having Bank's logo or on Bank's letter head. I collected the 12 Months Bank Statement + 3 Months maintainence funds all on Bank's letter head. Thanks to Bank as they are very helpful and provided me whatever I asked them.

sameeha
Newly Registered

Post by sameeha » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:56 am

hi,
Is the same thing applicable in case of overseas funds too? I am applying for T1G (switching from Tier 2) within UK.. but I don't have enough balance in my UK acct. Planning to show the Indian acct balance, for last 3 months and have original statements from ICICI Bank , India. Do I still need to get the letter from the bank? pls help!
Thanks,
Sameeha

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:04 am

If your statements are original than you don't need to get these stamped .