ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Crack down on 'overstayers' with new control system

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TRV

Post by TRV » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:20 am

Fair Play to you irish Tom....yes, you did it...well done...

Monifé

Re: :)

Post by Monifé » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:29 pm

IrishTom wrote:
jennybean wrote:No he is not seeking asylum just to claim the dole, he is a hard worker and wants to work and have a better life.
So hes fleeing his own country due to lack of work? Then hes no more an asylum seeker than I am. Hes an economic migrants using the asylum route to get into this country. There are billions of people who are hard workers and want a better life. Should Ireland let them all in? Newsflash: aint our problem!
like conditions.
No, u misinterpreted me, I said he is fleeing his country for a BETTER life, I didnt say anything about him coming here just to work! He is in fear of his life back there, as was his sisters family who are already legally resident here and have been for over ten years!

You dont seem to understand what goes on in other countries, theres corruption, war, religious wars, extreme violence, you think people are scamming the Irish system, maybe they just dont want to experience any of the above, we are lucky to live in a safe country with all the luxury we could possibly want!

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:52 pm

awch! somebody here just got a hard slap on the wrist
errr wallop in Irish?

Like in the MTV show:

mr tom tom you been officially Lectured!!! hahahaha

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:35 am

Please Ignore IrishTom, he didn't speak for majority of people. Infact he is the minority.
I have been living here for more than 10 years. I have not met any irish that speaks like him.
He just here to get attention.
He thinks all his comment will deter those foreigner to stay in here.
No, the fact is if foreigner start work here and the condition is better than their own country, they are here to stay.
The fact is some foreigner was not treated fairly in some cases.
I was here on work permit and knew that after 5 years I can apply for citizen. But I never know that it take 3 years to apply, not allow to claim sosial walfare is I lost job, I never know I have to pay 1000 euro for work permit before I came (that is 10 years ago where work permit was almost cost nothing).
[/quote]

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Darkhorse wrote:Please Ignore IrishTom, he didn't speak for majority of people. Infact he is the minority.
Sure, sure, sure. :lol:

Nearly seven out of ten Irish people now want the inflow of foreign nationals to be curtailed fearing that further new arrivals will strain the social welfare system.

The poll was conducted after it was revealed in the Sunday Independent last week that the number of foreign nationals on the Live Register is now about 80,000 -- or around 20 per cent of the total.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news ... 94640.html

THE VAST majority (72 per cent) of people want to see a reduction in the number of non-irish immigrants living here, according to an Irish Times Behaviour Attitudes opinion.

Overall, a total of 43 per cent say they would like to see some, but not all, immigrants leave the state, while 29 per cent would like to see most immigrants leave.

http://pavee.ie/mediamonitor/?p=2574

Il leave it with ya.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:16 pm

IrishTom wrote:Nearly seven out of ten Irish people now want the inflow of foreign nationals to be curtailed fearing that further new arrivals will strain the social welfare system.

The poll was conducted after it was revealed in the Sunday Independent last week that the number of foreign nationals on the Live Register is now about 80,000 -- or around 20 per cent of the total.[/i]

Eh that poll was conducted after the Indo released the dole figures, so people dont want immigrants out of the country, they just want them off the dole, id say they would be fine with it if most, capable immigrants were working.

And regards to the above poll, it was conducted on a newspaper website, that can hardly count for the views of the 4million+ people in Ireland, I think not!!

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:39 pm

jennybean wrote:
IrishTom wrote:Nearly seven out of ten Irish people now want the inflow of foreign nationals to be curtailed fearing that further new arrivals will strain the social welfare system.

The poll was conducted after it was revealed in the Sunday Independent last week that the number of foreign nationals on the Live Register is now about 80,000 -- or around 20 per cent of the total.[/i]

Eh that poll was conducted after the Indo released the dole figures, so people dont want immigrants out of the country, they just want them off the dole, id say they would be fine with it if most, capable immigrants were working.

And regards to the above poll, it was conducted on a newspaper website, that can hardly count for the views of the 4million+ people in Ireland, I think not!!
The dole figures are widely available 365(6), 24/7. You should apply for a job as a spin doctor with Fianna Fail.

Can you read? The poll was conducted by the same group who called the Lisbon Treaty correctly. Actually, they called it spot on.

Read again.....

THE VAST majority (72 per cent) of people want to see a reduction in the number of non-irish immigrants living here, according to an Irish Times Behaviour Attitudes opinion.

Overall, a total of 43 per cent say they would like to see some, but not all, immigrants leave the state, while 29 per cent would like to see most immigrants leave.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/fro ... 39934.html

If you believe the poll is somehow wrong, prove it. Otherwise, your opinion is just that, your opinion. Capisce?

Darkhorse

Post by Darkhorse » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:48 am

They are in live register because with foreign name they are unlikely to be called for job interview compare to their counterpart. So it is better eih, don't need to work, got the sosial walfare...got upgrade skill for free, no more need to work hard... happy days. :D

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:15 am

Darkhorse wrote:They are in live register because with foreign name they are unlikely to be called for job interview compare to their counterpart. So it is better eih, don't need to work, got the sosial walfare...got upgrade skill for free, no more need to work hard... happy days. :D
Id rather not live on social welfare. I certainly wouldnt be "happy" in receipt of government handouts. Maybe its to do with your grasp of the english/irish language...............(no offence).

PS if you can prove that employers hire Irish people above foreign nationals, I would be most interested in hearing it. Unless, of course, you are talking through your hoop.......

:lol:

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:49 am

Irishtom you may be right I can see where you are comin from.

But Irishtom majority of people in this forum have either have a job or or no job but not in the dole because waiting citizenship, have good education, family oriented, some needs advice/ help.

Can you help?
Help the Irish?Help government?
by givin out to us here thus that help?
give out to other forums man.

Majority here can proudly say that were paying taxes, working class and we are helping Irish government at the moment.

take it easy man, get yourself a hobby ie collecting stamps, vase making etc hehehe

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:52 pm

IrishTom wrote:THE VAST majority (72 per cent) of people want to see a reduction in the number of non-irish immigrants living here, according to an Irish Times Behaviour Attitudes opinion.

You should read that article again...

"The findings are contained in a national poll on “Ireland Todayâ€
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Monifé wrote:
IrishTom wrote:THE VAST majority (72 per cent) of people want to see a reduction in the number of non-irish immigrants living here, according to an Irish Times Behaviour Attitudes opinion.

You should read that article again...

"The findings are contained in a national poll on “Ireland Todayâ€

rlow68

naturalisation

Post by rlow68 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:06 am

scrudu, do you have any advice for me? I have been living in this country legally since october 2002 and been working full time since early 2003 until I lost my job October 2008, but at the moment I am a full time student and I have applied for naturalisation but some people are telling me it may not be approved because I am not working at the moment, but the fact is that when I have job I worked for over 5 years until I lost the job due to economic recession, and there is no way I could work as a full time student unless I want to fail couple with the fact that the only job I can do if available is night job and is not even available and even if available if I do it there is no possibility i wont fail as I wont have time to sleep at all.
Can you please let me know any advise you might have for me.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:53 am

Darkhorse wrote:
victor8600 wrote:
americanboy wrote:...please support this and make your statement clear to one and all.
Nope, sorry. I will not support this or anything else designed to "crack down" or "control" any immigrants, be that legal or illegal. Because most probably it will make the life of legal immigrants harder by introducing the need for more documents/proof.

Secondly, I object to this "crackdown" because a lot of legal immigrants, including me, can very easily become "illegal". Suppose, I have lost my job and my GNIB registration is expired. From that moment I would be considered an illegal immigrant, same as say, a person who came on a student visa and worked here illegally. By law, I have to pack my bags and leave the country immediately. The fact that I worked here for over 6 years legally, paying taxes, have a mortgage etc., does not mean a thing from the view of current immigration laws. so, thank you very much, I would rather prefer no crackdowns.

Neither do I will support this. Not in million years.
It is far to easy for GNIB to make someone illegal from legal, give my own example, couple years ago they sent work permit to our old office and it was not possible to contact them and they won't issue new one. They only produce letter that work permit have been granted.

When I was in GNIB, they ask for original one and told me I was illegally living here.

No, I will never support any crack down or whatever they call it.
Sadly for you sir, unless you have Irish citizenship (right to vote in Dail) and or fall within EU Laws, the government will not be too concerned whether you support it or not if you become illegal.(simple statement of fact and not trying to pick on you)

The GNIB or dept of justice have nothing to do with issuing the work permit cert, that the trade and employment department. Its up to you and employer to ensure you got that and then register with GNIB. If you knew the document was in the old office, why didn't you not retrieve it from the landlord? Why did you not ensure that the dept knew at all times your up to date address and office address?