ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension application returned invalid; can student reapply?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cops the C
Newly Registered

Extension application returned invalid; can student reapply?

Post by Cops the C » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:14 am

Hi there,

My friend's student visa expired in October 09 and she sent an application for an extension in time, only for it to be returned last week as there was a problem with the card details for taking payment of the fee.

I like to ask whether there she is able to send a fresh application given that the visa has now expired - the letter that came back from the UKBA seems to invite one, stating:

"Making a valid application [..] does not guarantee the application will be successful. The application will be considered on its own merits and where appropriate, in accordance with the Immigration Rules and published policies [..] If you still wish to make an application, you must return your fully completed application form with the appropriate fee to the address given on the application form."

However, I called the UKBA, and they said that she must go home to apply as it is now impossible to apply in the UK on an expired visa.

Is this correct? Any advice would be very gratefully received.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Extension application returned invalid; can student reap

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:34 am

Cops the C wrote:However, I called the UKBA, and they said that she must go home to apply as it is now impossible to apply in the UK on an expired visa.

Is this correct? Any advice would be very gratefully received.
If this is the advice from UKBA, I don't think anyone can suggest you anything different.

regards

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:44 pm

Try calling UKBA a few more times, as you're almost certainly guaranteed of a different answer every time you do so!
But I do suspect your mate doesn't stand a chance by re-applying in-country, as his visa has already expired.
The fact that there were problems with taking the card payment fees will not be considered UKBA's fault. :(

zinao
United Kingdom

Post by zinao » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:55 pm

did you friend have any biometrics done in the 3 months that she was waiting for her visa?

Cops the C
Newly Registered

Post by Cops the C » Fri May 14, 2010 1:08 pm

zinao wrote:did you friend have any biometrics done in the 3 months that she was waiting for her visa?
No but she decided to re-apply, and has recently been invited for biometric assesment. We'll keep our fingers crossed.