ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

stolen passport...and lots of questions!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chan2020
Newly Registered

stolen passport...and lots of questions!

Post by chan2020 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:58 am

Hi all, iv been reading a lot on this site, very helpful!

I arrived in UK on 14th March 2005. Intend to apply for naturalisation on 15 March 2010, but, my passport was stolen on 17th august 2007. I flew back home to zimbabwe on an Emergency Travel Document, on which I was issued a new visa with Indefinite Leave to Enter. I only have copies of my old passport, and on the copy there is a very clear stamp on the day I arrived, 14th March 05. Will NCS accept this? Otherwise only other proof i have is my first payslip dated at the end of April 2005. Do I have to wait an extra 6 weeks to apply for naturalisation?

I do not have a police report for my stolen p/p, just a letter from police confirming it was stolen, and a police report number. Do I have to have the actual police report, or will the letter be enough? Only reason i don't have it is my sister filed the report as it was her handbag that was stolen, and she lives back in zimbabwe now. Police said I needed forms of her original id to get the police report.

I am worried my credit history will affect my naturalisation. I've got a very, very bad credit rating!! :? I have never had a ccj or been taken to court, but still worried about my bad rating.

sorry about all the questions! any help and advice appreciated!

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:36 pm

with regards to lost passport, the application form and guidance notes to recognise the issue of lost passport. so in cases that you lost your passport or passport was not stamped then they give you options of supplying other evidence eg letters from employers, see page 27 of guide and last page of the form. I think what also works in your favour is the fact that they should have it on file that you entered in March 05.

bani

Post by bani » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:28 pm

My first passport was also stolen. For my NCS application, I had a letter from my employer of the date I started work, my first payslip and first bank statement in the UK.

I also got a copy of my landing card from UKBA by filing a SAR report (subject access request) beforehand.

The woman at NCS said I had so much more than enough evidence.

Good luck.

navnas

Post by navnas » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Hi Bani ,

can you plz provide some details on the landing card you recieved in your SAR file ? like did you recieved the landing cards for all your entries or otherwise ?