ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes to long term residence

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anish18sudhakar
Newly Registered

Changes to long term residence

Post by anish18sudhakar » Tue May 25, 2004 9:26 am

hello everybody,

I just heard when you apply for long term residence after 10 years legal stay you will not be granted that if you have been here as a student. Also I heard that the home office is thinking about changing the rules and making it to 12 is that true as well.

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Changes to long term residence

Post by Chess » Tue May 25, 2004 9:38 am

anish18sudhakar wrote:hello everybody,

I just heard when you apply for long term residence after 10 years legal stay you will not be granted that if you have been here as a student. Also I heard that the home office is thinking about changing the rules and making it to 12 is that true as well.
Where did you hear/read this - any links on the website?
Where there is a will there is a way.

anish18sudhakar
Newly Registered

Post by anish18sudhakar » Tue May 25, 2004 11:05 am

Hi,

I heard it from a top immigration lawyer he said this will be implemented shortly or something along theoe lines have you heard anything regarding this matter. What I don't understand is how else will you qualify for long term residence other then being a student because pretty much everything else gives you right to stay here after 4 years.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sat May 29, 2004 2:02 am

I am confused as to this 'rumour' - is it that the long residence rules will be scrapped or kept but increased to 12 years :lol: - nothing is changing in these part of the rules so tell the lawyer to come up with another one.