ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on English Language and Past Earnings?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sridharJ
Newly Registered

Query on English Language and Past Earnings?

Post by sridharJ » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:05 pm

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 Uk general visa. I have below documents for English Language and Past Earnings.

English Language:
1. Original Masters Degree, listed in PBS
2. Letter from DR

Past Earnings;
1. 12 month Salary slips
2. 12 months bank statement

Can any one let me know are these documents sufficient or I need to provide more documents.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Query on English Language and Past Earnings?

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:07 pm

sridharJ wrote:I am planning to apply for Tier 1 Uk general visa. I have below documents for English Language and Past Earnings.

English Language:
1. Original Masters Degree, listed in PBS
2. Letter from DR

Past Earnings;
1. 12 month Salary slips
2. 12 months bank statement

Can any one let me know are these documents sufficient or I need to provide more documents.
They are good enough to apply.. just check that you get enough points with the 12months earnings to qualify and check the NET Salary matches exactly with the 12month bankstatement credits..

sridharJ
Newly Registered

Thanks for quick reply

Post by sridharJ » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:13 pm

I am scoring enough points, 45, for my past earnings
My bank statement credit history is matching with my salary slips net pay.

Do I need to carry any other proofs like bacheolor degree, form 16 ?

I am showing my last 12 months credit history from 01-02-2009 to 31-01-2010.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:17 pm

For English
Original Masters Degree recognized n points given by PBS calculator is enough

For Earnings:
1. Original Payslips for 12consecutive months in the last 15months and
2. Original Bankstatements corrobarting with the above payslips NET salary exacthly are enough

If you are applying outside UK, ppl tend to submit IT returns also..

sridharJ
Newly Registered

Post by sridharJ » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:34 pm

Thank you so much for your replies. It is really a great help.

higgs.b0s0n
Newly Registered

Post by higgs.b0s0n » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:22 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:For English
I hold a Masters degree from a university in the US and my major - Computer Networking - is not listed in the PBS calculator. The calculator "does not have a problem" when I choose "Other" in the list of specializations as in it allows me avail 10 pts for the English language assessment. Would I still need to get my degree verified by UK NARIC? If yes, how does one go about doing that?
tvn_ramesh wrote:For Earnings:
2. Original Bankstatements corrobarting with the above payslips NET salary exacthly are enough
Are we supposed to consider the NET salary (after tax deductions) in order to determine the earnings band?

Thanks for your help - this is an awesome forum!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:55 am

higgs.b0s0n wrote:
I hold a Masters degree from a university in the US and my major - Computer Networking - is not listed in the PBS calculator. The calculator "does not have a problem" when I choose "Other" in the list of specializations as in it allows me avail 10 pts for the English language assessment. Would I still need to get my degree verified by UK NARIC? If yes, how does one go about doing that?

- I would not take the risk and better get a NARIC certificate if you have time on your hand.. pls search the NARIC DATABASE Data Sticky for the process. i will get back if i find the right procedure.. there are many who used the process..give a search
tvn_ramesh wrote:For Earnings:
Are we supposed to consider the NET salary (after tax deductions) in order to determine the earnings band?

For earnings poitns you will consider your GROSS Salary in ur payslip.. for HO/Caseworker to verify they use the NET Salary in ur payslip vs the Net amount credited into ur bank statement.. hope its clear now..

Thanks for your help - this is an awesome forum!

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:53 am

higgs.b0s0n wrote:
Just want to confirm that you need apply for NARIC Certificate for your Degree from US..

Also find the below intersting discussion about English Certificate...

But if your Education is approved and recognized by NARIC, you shd be good with english also??? (since its from US).. do you due delegence for sure..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=34205

higgs.b0s0n
Newly Registered

Post by higgs.b0s0n » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:46 pm

Thanks for your replies.

I'm still confused on the academic qualifications issue, perhaps because I didn't phrase my question right earlier. I have a Master of Science degree from a US university and my specialization/major as stated in the official transcript is "Computer Networking - Electrical Engineering". I'm not sure what option should I select in the "Course of study" drop-down list on the PBS calculator tool. Should it be "Science/Maths" (since it's Master of Science) or "Engineering" (on account of Electrical Engineering) or "Technology"?

I also called UK NARIC and they verified the M.S. degree from my university for equivalency - they didn't ask me anything about my specialization/major or whatever. And they couldn't help me with this question because it's a visa related one.

It's frustrating to try asking for help from the UK embassy in the US. They believe we love hearing lengthy automated messages!

Your help would be much appreciated.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:00 pm

I would use Master of science and Technology..
I also called UK NARIC and they verified the M.S. degree from my university for equivalency - they didn't ask me anything about my specialization/major or whatever. And they couldn't help me with this question because it's a visa related one.
Did you get this verification in email or ??

But please wait for other seniors to let their views..