ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Helping someone for driving offence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ryze
Newly Registered

Helping someone for driving offence

Post by ryze » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:48 pm

Hi All,

please help me, Someone knows to my father in Law, had got caught driving without a driving licence, his foreign license only allow to drive one year he has over passed the date, his car was taken under police and have asked to get someone who got a full driving license to drive the car back home, he might have got a ticket or I am not sure maybe not, but they are requesting to me through my father in law to help them bring the car back if I help him to get the car back from the police will this effect on my good character on the naturalisation application or will they record my name for helping this person as he was offended or will it drag me to bad name please help.

Thank you

Many thanks

Ryze

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:30 am

Stop being so paranoid - this will have absolutely no effect on you.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:33 am

It will not have a bad effect on your name
You will be seen to be helping the police
You did not commit any criminal offence did you?

Your application for Citizenship will not be affected

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:38 am

Make sure you are insured to drive tho, and that car is MOT'd and taxed - u neva know, they could be waiting outside the gate and it's your responsibilty to be legal...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ryze
Newly Registered

Post by ryze » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:05 pm

thank you all