ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

safwan

Post by safwan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:27 pm

hi lmc

did you ring the home office any time while waiting for the approval letter

and did the home office send your documents back or they only sent the approval letter

thanks

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:07 pm

lmc wrote:Hi all,

Here is my timeline. Wanted to post it since it was really helpful to see others. If you have any questions just let me know. So happy to finally be a British citizen and have a UK passport! :)

NCS or Postal: NCS
If NCS, which centre: Hamilton, Lanarkshire, Scotland
Date of submission or posting : 18 Nov 09
CRITERIA: USC married to UKC (1 year student, 2 years unmarried partner visa + 1 year ILR – found out after the fact I could have applied as soon as received ILR as had gotten married…)
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 26 Nov 09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 30 Nov 09 (dated 26 Nov 09)
Date of receipt of approval: ? was away from 22 Dec 09 - 5 Jan 10 for holidays (dated 7 Dec 09)
Date of Ceremony: 21 Jan 10 (there was an earlier appt on 8 Jan 10 but husband couldn’t make it)
Date of appln. for passport: 21 Jan 10
Method used: Post Office Check and Send
Date supporting documents returned: 27 Jan 10
Date for passport interview: 30 Jan 10
Date of receipt of letter from courier stating unable to complete delivery due to needing signature: 4 Feb 10 (received 8 Feb 10)
Date of Receipt of Passport: 9 Feb 10 (rescheduled to deliver to my work)
WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENT NEEDED FOR THE PASSPORT PLEASE ???

lmc
Newly Registered

Post by lmc » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:17 pm

safwan wrote:hi lmc

did you ring the home office any time while waiting for the approval letter

and did the home office send your documents back or they only sent the approval letter

thanks
Hi safwan,

I didn't ring the home office as I had received the confirmation of receipt of my application fairly soon after submitting the application and I received the approval letter within the timeframe I was hoping for (based upon looking at others' timelines on here).

Since I did the NCS (Nationality Checking Service) I didn't need to send my original documents with my citizenship application. They make certified copies of your entire passport and any other supporting documentation and they send the certified copies instead of your originals. So the only thing I was waiting on was the approval letter.

lmc
Newly Registered

Post by lmc » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:28 pm

joelondon wrote:

Here is my timeline. Wanted to post it since it was really helpful to see others. If you have any questions just let me know. So happy to finally be a British citizen and have a UK passport! :)

CRITERIA: USC married to UKC (1 year student, 2 years unmarried partner visa + 1 year ILR – found out after the fact I could have applied as soon as received ILR as had gotten married…)
Date of receipt of approval: ? was away from 22 Dec 09 - 5 Jan 10 for holidays (dated 7 Dec 09)
Date of Ceremony: 21 Jan 10 (there was an earlier appt on 8 Jan 10 but husband couldn’t make it)
Date of receipt of letter from courier stating unable to complete delivery due to needing signature: 4 Feb 10 (received 8 Feb 10)
Hi joelondon,

I sent my completed passport application form, two passport photos (one signed as verfied by my referee on back), my certificate of naturalisation and my foreign passport which I entered the UK on (I only sent my current valid one and not my previous cancelled one which I also entered the UK on). Also (and this was somewhat of a pain as my claim to citizenship was not through ancestry so don't know why they needed it - but when I phoned the helpline they said I still had to do it...) I had to provide not only the date/place of birth and date of marriage for my parents but also for both sets of grandparents as well.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:33 pm

lmc wrote:
joelondon wrote:

Hi joelondon,

I sent my completed passport application form, two passport photos (one signed as verfied by my referee on back), my certificate of naturalisation and my foreign passport which I entered the UK on (I only sent my current valid one and not my previous cancelled one which I also entered the UK on). Also (and this was somewhat of a pain as my claim to citizenship was not through ancestry so don't know why they needed it - but when I phoned the helpline they said I still had to do it...) I had to provide not only the date/place of birth and date of marriage for my parents but also for both sets of grandparents as well.

ah thats sound good ...so they are basically formal document ...nothing more nothing less ... thanks for your help ..

voan
Newly Registered

Post by voan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:25 am

Hey Eskar, I rang four times and got the same response. :(
Eskar wrote:Hi voad,

did u call homeoffice twice in the same week !!

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:06 am

Voan , atleast they tell you that you are in final stage but when i called lady did not say anything about case all she said we cant reveal any information unless it is 6 month old case. besides she mentioned that i called last week and sounds were like i did big crime. thats y i asked did u call more than once in same week.

However as matter of fact as they said u will hear within 10 days it mean u decision has been made becasue 2nd class post take up 2 10 days to received. so just look at ur post u will get the news in next couple of days.
voan wrote:Hey Eskar, I rang four times and got the same response. :(
Eskar wrote:Hi voad,

did u call homeoffice twice in the same week !!

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:13 am

hi gainvidya, in order to get the reference number you need to call your local ncs service and they will give you royal reference number. i did actually call in the evening, same day of interview and she gave the reference number.

good luck

gainvidya wrote:
VRM wrote:Gainvidya: Your NCS recepit should have the Royal Mail reference number (13 digit code). You can track delivery of your letter at the following Royal Mail website:

http://track.royalmail.com/portal/rm/tr ... gear=track

It should normally reach the Home Office in 2 days.
VRM, I didnt get anything from the NCS.

Cane

Post by Cane » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:27 pm

lmc wrote:
Hi joelondon,

Hmm. I just ignored providing that information for the very reason you stated, as well as the rather difficult fact that I have no way of accessing that information as my grandparents are all deceased. Am still awaiting hearing from IPS about my passport application - wonder if this will have an impact?

-Cane

citizen1000

My Timeline

Post by citizen1000 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:38 pm

NCS or Postal : NCS
If NCS, which centre : Maidstone Kent
Date of submission or posting : 10/02/2010
CRITERIA - 5 yr stay (4 + 1 yr ILR) Judicial review HSMP
Date of debit of debit/credit card : pending
Date of receipt of acknowledgement pending
Date of receipt of approval pending
Date of Ceremony pending
Date of appln. for passport pending
Method used pending
Date of Receipt pending

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:42 pm

Hi I just remembered .
that I had attached photo , but the photo was not signed by my refree at the back.
do refree need to sign the photo?
Thanks

thiagofali
Newly Registered

!!!

Post by thiagofali » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:44 pm

Hi guys,

I've received the letter of approval today!! Dated 2nd Feb.

I wish you all the best of luck with your applications!

You might receive yours soon ESKAR

Here is my Time Line
Date of submission or posting : 18/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 19/01/2010
CRITERIA: Married to British Citizen 3yrs + ILR
Date of debit of Card : 23/01/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgment : 26/01/10 (dated 22/01/10)
Date of receipt of approval : 10/02/10 (dated 02/02/10)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending
Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:45 pm

do we need to send one photo or two?

navnas

Post by navnas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:14 pm

just one photo and without any refree signature .... i also sent my application today using NCS .... by the way best of luck ....the wait period has started now ....

thiagofali
Newly Registered

!!!

Post by thiagofali » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:03 pm

Here is my Time Line
Date of submission or posting : 18/01/2010
Date recieved by HO: 19/01/2010
CRITERIA: Married to British Citizen 3yrs + ILR
Date of debit of Card : 23/01/2010
Date receipt of acknowledgment : 26/01/10 (dated 22/01/10)
Date of receipt of approval : 10/02/10 (dated 02/02/10)
Date of citizenship Ceremony : 24/02/10
Date of passport application : 24/02/10 (intended)
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

citizen1000

Post by citizen1000 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:40 pm

thanks navnas
good luck.
pray form me as well

London102

Post by London102 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:30 pm

Hello friends,

Congrats to all who have received and good luck to those who are still awaiting the approval.

Sorry for being so dumb, but I would appreciate if someone can explain step by step the process of applying for passport after receiving naturalization approval. I am confused between online passport application at IPS website and check & send service.

Regards,

global gypsy
United Kingdom

Post by global gypsy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:32 pm

I notice that several people here have sent out their passport applications on the same day as their citizenship ceremony.

How is this possible? The passport form requires you to enter your naturalisation details, and for a countersignatory to sign your form and photo. Can all this be done on the same day?

safwan

Post by safwan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:45 pm

hi voan
did you get any news today?

voan
Newly Registered

Post by voan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:16 pm

nothing yet.
safwan wrote:hi voan
did you get any news today?
:(

safwan

Post by safwan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:40 pm

hi voan

i ve got a feeling ,you will receive your approval letter tomorrow

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:41 pm

global gypsy wrote:I notice that several people here have sent out their passport applications on the same day as their citizenship ceremony.

How is this possible? The passport form requires you to enter your naturalisation details, and for a countersignatory to sign your form and photo. Can all this be done on the same day?
Global gypsy, the ceremony last 1-2 hours tops. You get the passport application form in a little "gift" package that the council gives to you along with your naturalisation certificate (or you could have got one at the post office earlier if you wished). The form is very simple to fill out, provided you can get hold of your countersignatory same day and get to the post office before they close at 5 or 6 pm. it is quite easy to apply for the passport on the same day.
'In everything give thanks'

lmc
Newly Registered

Post by lmc » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:16 pm

Cane wrote:
lmc wrote:
Hi joelondon,

Hmm. I just ignored providing that information for the very reason you stated, as well as the rather difficult fact that I have no way of accessing that information as my grandparents are all deceased. Am still awaiting hearing from IPS about my passport application - wonder if this will have an impact?

-Cane
I wouldn't worry too much because when I did call to question it they said if you didn't have the info to just to explain why. So if they question it they will probably just get in touch with you and you can explain you don't have access to the info. Or if you are worried you could perhaps call the helpline and see what they advise.

lmc
Newly Registered

Post by lmc » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:27 pm

global gypsy wrote:I notice that several people here have sent out their passport applications on the same day as their citizenship ceremony.

Yes right after the ceremony you can complete the passport application form, enter your naturalisation details, have your countersignatory fill out their bit/sign everything and submit your application that same day. In fact in the packet given to me at my naturalisation ceremony there was a passport application (in addition to an application form for registering for the electoral roll and other things).

lmc
Newly Registered

Post by lmc » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:33 pm

citizen1000 wrote:Hi I just remembered .
that I had attached photo , but the photo was not signed by my refree at the back.
do refree need to sign the photo?
Thanks
Yes the person who countersigns your application form at section 10 (your ‘countersignatory’) should also certify one (not both) of the photographs. They actually have to write the statement found here, sign and date it:
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... /DG_174152

I had a friend who forgot to have this done though and they (IPS) contacted her countersignatory via phone to verify some things and then still processed it. Not sure if they will still do this though. Would advise calling the helpline to see what they say.

Sorry edited to add the above is for passport application not citizenship application...