ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA VISA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alfjo
Newly Registered

EEA VISA

Post by alfjo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:25 pm

MY MOTHER CAME IN WITH eea DEPENDANT VISA, THE VISA WAS FOR 6 MONTH BUT SHE TRAVELLED TO UK IN NOVEMBER BUT THE VISA WILL EXPIRE ON 15 OF FEB. SHE WAS NOT STAMPED IN AT ARRIVAL.CAN I STILL APPLY FOR EEA DEPENDANT STAY WITH THIS VISA OR WILL SHE BE DEEMED TO BE OVER STAYED?...PLEASE ANY ADVICE WILL DO

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:30 pm

Please, don't shout.

I suppose she came on an EEA family permit. If she is truly dependent on you you she will not be an overstayer and you can apply for a residence card.

alfjo
Newly Registered

Post by alfjo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:41 pm

[quote="86ti"]Please, don't shout.

I suppose she came on an EEA family permit. If she is truly dependent on you you she will not be an overstayer and you can apply for a residence card.[/q

uote]

SHE DEPENDS ON ME, SHE HAS 3 UK VISA EEA AND WE WERE RESIDING TOGETHER IN IRELAND BEFORE I MOVE OVER.BIRTHCERS, MARRIAGE CERTS AND AFFIDARVIT SWORN SHOWS THIS

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:48 pm

alfjo wrote:SHE DEPENDS ON ME, SHE HAS 3 UK VISA EEA AND WE WERE RESIDING TOGETHER IN IRELAND BEFORE I MOVE OVER.BIRTHCERS, MARRIAGE CERTS AND AFFIDARVIT SWORN SHOWS THIS
Please do not write in all captials as this is the equivalent of shouting.

I frankly do not know what the HO wants to see in your case but it seems that you have all the necessary evidence to show her dependence. I assume that you are exercising your treaty rights in the UK at the moment (are you actually the EEA national or would that be your spouse)? If so your mother has the right to stay with you and you do not have to worry that she would be staying illegally. If you want you can apply for a residence card for her, see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ropeanlaw/ . Probably a good idea if she intends to stay longer.

alfjo
Newly Registered

Post by alfjo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:34 pm

We are both EU national including our children, we will need her to stay as she helps with the kids when we are at work