ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

foxy

Post by foxy » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:33 am

That is one rather enlightening post. Unfortunately not all MPs appear to have that clout when it comes to UKBA.

Some interesting articles about beloved in UKBA asylum processing centres in the press today. Granted different centre than Sheffield but let's hope the pattern isn't nationwide. From what I understand the asylum case workers are the same people who process Long Residence ILRs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/8496759.stm

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:34 pm

@ terriblefish

thanx for posting that. it was now i feel inspired to chase up with my MP's Office.

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:38 pm

foxy wrote:That is one rather enlightening post. Unfortunately not all MPs appear to have that clout when it comes to UKBA.

Some interesting articles about beloved in UKBA asylum processing centres in the press today. Granted different centre than Sheffield but let's hope the pattern isn't nationwide. From what I understand the asylum case workers are the same people who process Long Residence ILRs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_east/8496759.stm

wow that is Shocking! Hopefully something will be done, with all these attention on them to perform and be fair. This may hopefully be a good thing for those of us still waiting "fingers Crossed"

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:19 pm

oluwa112 wrote:@ terriblefish

thanx for posting that. it was now i feel inspired to chase up with my MP's Office.
So called my MP's Office and lets just say that other person in the other forum was lucky cos the person that picked up the phone at My MPs office didn't seem to care or bother about the Fact that they wrote to UKBA initially December 4th and its is now Feb 4th and UKBA has not responded back!!! Isn't there some sort of Service Level Agreement Sure its 28day response time. they have had 2 months.

So i go on to say why don't you call them since you do have a direct line to at least send you an upto date status report and he just kept on saying there is nothing that can be done, they don't expedite applications, There is a queue and UKBA will respond when they get round to it! and i am like are you kidding me????

Anyways I just tot to get off the phone since the Lazy @$$ doesn't even know the basics of his job. how can you say that UKBA don't have to respond to MP Request at a given time and that they respond when they get round to it.

I think that person got lucky... the one i dealt with was nothing short of inconsiderate and he basically sounded like those robots when you call the UKBA 0870 line.

Since its like i am not gonna get anywhere with my MP (or shall I say assistant), i guess I will go see what one of my many local Councilors can do for me.

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:07 pm

Hey Oluwa

I had exactly the same thing here. I rang my MP's office, told them that somebody had received his passport by getting his MP's help as it written on the link terriblefish sent.

The lady was totally careless. She said there is nothing she can do, HO won't just give priority to a case because a MP asks for it.

I went on and wanted to talk to MP personally. She said the MP won't call me back, rarely comes to office.
I rang MP's Parliemantary office and spoke to a gentleman, told him the story and asked him to get the MP to call me back.

terriblefish

Post by terriblefish » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:39 pm

taylondon wrote:Hey Oluwa

I had exactly the same thing here. I rang my MP's office, told them that somebody had received his passport by getting his MP's help as it written on the link terriblefish sent.

The lady was totally careless. She said there is nothing she can do, HO won't just give priority to a case because a MP asks for it.

I went on and wanted to talk to MP personally. She said the MP won't call me back, rarely comes to office.
I rang MP's Parliemantary office and spoke to a gentleman, told him the story and asked him to get the MP to call me back.
MPs often hold local workshops where you can go and speak to them in person, I suggest doing that, cause the assistants dont care. But the MPs want your vote.

But i do think, that guy got lucky or lives in a bourough with a nice/good MP. We should all move! : )

TC

Post by TC » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:23 pm

HSMP-JR
Applicant and 3 dependents. Straight forward application
21/12/2009 Date to application
23/12/2009 Date of acknowledgement letter and payment taken
Expecting response in 1st Week of March

bbbb
BANNED

Post by bbbb » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi

please , I would like to know on behalf of someone s else who applied for ILR . what does it mean when the HO says that the application , sent more than 6 months ego , is in the CRT S ??

does t that mean that they r dealing with it or not??

Thx

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:00 pm

bbbb wrote:Hi

please , I would like to know on behalf of someone s else who applied for ILR . what does it mean when the HO says that the application , sent more than 6 months ego , is in the CRT S ??

does t that mean that they r dealing with it or not??

Thx
I know CRT is definitely: Case Resolution Team South. what they mean by that i am not sure. could be another way of saying not completed yet?

paccman
Newly Registered

Post by paccman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Postal Applcation for ILR (setM)
Posted = 4-01-10
Date of debit of debit/credit card = 6-01-10
Date of receipt of acknowledgement = 8-01-10
Date of receipt of approval = 5-02-10 (dated 3 Feb, 2010 from sheffield)

One month!!!!!! was not expecting that!! When I got the documents through the post ths morning, felt the outsde of the envelope and found our passports, thought it was bad news, rejection ... Opened the envelope and lo and behold, residence stamped on the passport!!!

Don't know why it was so quick.

Paperwork sent:

Applcation
Passport
Spouse British Passport
NHS Registration card x 2
2 years personal bank statements (they do have benefts paid into them)
2 years invoices / letters ... addressed to both of us
Life in the UK Test Result
10 Months management accounts (self employed)

Total number of items sent approx. 80

Result in .... One month :)

Thank God its over.
Now to prepare for citizenship.

Thank you all for your posts, they helped me prepare, hours upon hours of reading your posts have kept me positive and the "short" one month wait seems to support the fact that you have to read through all posts related to your situation.

Thank you again

kindley

Post by kindley » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:43 pm

Congratulations pacman. I've sent you a private message, hope you'll be able to help.. Thanks
paccman wrote:Postal Applcation for ILR (setM)

Posted = 4-01-10
Date of debit of debit/credit card = 6-01-10
Date of receipt of acknowledgement = 8-01-10
Date of receipt of approval = 5-02-10 (dated 3 Feb, 2010 from sheffield)

One month!!!!!! was not expecting that!! When I got the documents through the post ths morning, felt the outsde of the envelope and found our passports, thought it was bad news, rejection ... Opened the envelope and lo and behold, residence stamped on the passport!!!

Don't know why it was so quick.

Paperwork sent:

Applcation
Passport
Spouse British Passport
NHS Registration card x 2
2 years personal bank statements (they do have benefts paid into them)
2 years invoices / letters ... addressed to both of us
Life in the UK Test Result
10 Months management accounts (self employed)

Total number of items sent approx. 80

Result in .... One month :)

Thank God its over.
Now to prepare for citizenship.

Thank you all for your posts, they helped me prepare, hours upon hours of reading your posts have kept me positive and the "short" one month wait seems to support the fact that you have to read through all posts related to your situation.

Thank you again
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

paccman
Newly Registered

Post by paccman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Thank you Kindley, no PM received!!

rajashr
Newly Registered

Postal Application SET(O)

Post by rajashr » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:05 pm

Finally I have received my packet with stamped passports.

Applied on 26-Nov-09
Accepted on 27-Nov-09
Stamped on 01-Feb-10
Mail Received on 06-Feb-10

The process took around 10 weeks.

Regards
RjsR :D

kindley

Post by kindley » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:46 pm

paccman wrote:Thank you Kindley, no PM received!!
Hi Pacman, pm sent. Check inbox. Thanks
Always Seek Further Opinion (ASFO)

TC

Re: Postal Application SET(O)

Post by TC » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:46 pm

rajashr wrote:Finally I have received my packet with stamped passports.

Applied on 26-Nov-09
Accepted on 27-Nov-09
Stamped on 01-Feb-10
Mail Received on 06-Feb-10

The process took around 10 weeks.

Regards
RjsR :D
Hi Rajashr,

What was the the basis of your application?(hsmp?,hsmpjr or 10years)

thanks

princely
Newly Registered

Post by princely » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:27 pm

princely wrote:Sent my postal application SET (M) 26/10/2009
Application received 27/10/2009
Payment gone through 07/11/2009
Acknowledgement received 08/11/2009
Still waiting........ :D

Is SET M Application taking longer time to decide?
Got back my document today 9th February with a possitive result.
Thanks all for your invaluable posts which helped me to cope with the stress.
Wishing you all good success.

hangermajor
Newly Registered

10 years long residence

Post by hangermajor » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:54 pm

any news from the 10 years long residence group? please write if any progress? now i am thinking to call my mp , its been 21 weeks...........so pain,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Procrastinator
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence

Post by Procrastinator » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:11 am

hangermajor wrote:any news from the 10 years long residence group? please write if any progress? now i am thinking to call my mp , its been 21 weeks...........so pain,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Hey Hangermajor.... what's the current processing time for 14 years long residence, do you know? I applied on 30 July 2009 but no decision has been made yet. My case is very straight forward and I have provided them extensive documents to cover the entire period right from November 1994 when I came to this country and have been living here permanantly since then.

I contacted my MP again to write to UKBA after I received their [UKBA] previous correspondence in October 2009 in which they asked me to contact them again towards the end of Jan 2010 if I do not hear from the UKBA. So I am trying to get an update on my application through my MP.

I am unable to look for a graduate work which is so frustrating... God knows how long more I need to wait.

foxy

Post by foxy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:50 am

hangermajor wrote:any news from the 10 years long residence group? please write if any progress? now i am thinking to call my mp , its been 21 weeks...........so pain,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Hey hangermajor,

Still waiting here. Gone past 24 weeks for me. I'm sure some of the other guys have gone over 6 months by now. Looks like this 95% of applications within 6 months claim is just pie in the sky.

I got fed up and wrote to my MP last night.

TC

Post by TC » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:10 am

TC wrote:HSMP-JR
Applicant and 3 dependents. Straight forward application
21/12/2009 Date to application
23/12/2009 Date of acknowledgement letter and payment taken
Expecting response in 1st Week of March
I am very pleased to inform that I now have received the documents back.

11/02/2010 Received documents back with ILR stamped on 09/02/2010.

My waiting time is 7 Weeks. This forum has been very helpful. Next step is registration of my children.

Thanks for everyone.

TC

apagun
Newly Registered

my illlllllllllrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Post by apagun » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:02 am

i ve decidd to take the bull by the horn.I ve handwritten a letter to my mp to his office in the house of commons in london to write the home office cos the email i sent to him, he replied saying he spoke to them and they said they are conducting further enquiries and i think as honorable man, he should have asked them what enquiries they are making for up to 20 weeks.(probably they ve sent someone to hell to confirm if i m from hell).i ve also sent a recorded letter to the home office for the attention of a manager. if i do not get a response, as soon as it is 6 months, i ll fire the parlimentary ombudsman straight. This madness need to stop.No body at the home office can be happy to be treated this way so why treat people with disdain.i m just of the feeling that my file has been dumped somewhere. :x

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Re: my illlllllllllrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:15 am

apagun wrote:i ve decidd to take the bull by the horn.I ve handwritten a letter to my mp to his office in the house of commons in london to write the home office cos the email i sent to him, he replied saying he spoke to them and they said they are conducting further enquiries and i think as honorable man, he should have asked them what enquiries they are making for up to 20 weeks.(probably they ve sent someone to hell to confirm if i m from hell).i ve also sent a recorded letter to the home office for the attention of a manager. if i do not get a response, as soon as it is 6 months, i ll fire the parlimentary ombudsman straight. This madness need to stop.No body at the home office can be happy to be treated this way so why treat people with disdain.i m just of the feeling that my file has been dumped somewhere. :x
Has it been 6 months already? The UKBA strictly state that for 2010 that you are not allowed to make contact until after 6 months. I spoke to my solicitor yesterday and they confirmed this. After 6 months you are allowed to take action.

If it's less than 6 months I don't think your attitude is going to help any. Why do people think shouting and making threats is going to help your case? Why the urgency, if you're legally in this country you will already have a job and your current visa is still valid? Why the need to get your MP involved? Stop and think, is there anything at all which may have caused the UKBA to take longer time to consider your case? Is there something you may have forgotten?

To settle in the UK is a privilege NOT a right. You'll do best to remember that next time you want to shout and make threats.

Honestly I don't understand ... :roll:

apagun
Newly Registered

Post by apagun » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:44 am

well, i went in for a premium application since october 2009. the lady told me specifically that i will hear from them within 3 to 14 weeks.the truth is are they making the enquiries in heaven.why cnt we call a spade a spade its not a shouting matter but an issue of telling pple 14 weeks then 6 months. so if they say 2 years tommorrow, we still have to wait. legally in this country does not mean i dont have where to go.i am imprisoned here now in a technical sense.
all i ve done is to lay a foundation for my action after 6 months and i felt the need to remind them to look for the file wherever they might have dropped it as it appears it has been dropped somewhere. :(

apagun
Newly Registered

Post by apagun » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:58 am

@ kiwigirl25

:shock:
To settle in the UK is a privilege NOT a right. You'll do best to remember that next time you want to shout and make threats.

Honestly speaking, the above statement does not make sense in the present circumtance.You do not know the problem the original writer is encountering but all u did was just to descend into the arena of conflict with no calm words.

where was it stated that in 2010 you should wait 6 months? and what action did they specify?
why do you make application for the past 3 -4 months and you dont even know the progress of it. WHATEVER THEY MIGHT BE DOING IS FINE BUT WHAT IS THE PROGRESS.the robots say under consideration every day.

Isuues like this are better dealt with by matured minds who know their onions.

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:51 pm

its unfortunate none of us have nothing to update. I have waiting pasted 6 months now. 8 Feb 2010 was my 6months mark for 10yrs Long Residence application. still waiting to hear from UKBA via my MP and still nothing! That has again been 2.5 months and nothing yet.