ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am in Limbo.....

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JJUK
Newly Registered

I am in Limbo.....

Post by JJUK » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi Forum

Please guide me through, I am desperate for help!!! Gurus please help me!!!

I am here in the UK on WP since July 2002, changed status from Student to WP
1st WP--July 2002- July 2007, but left job in March 2003.

2nd Wp- April 2003- Sept 2004, but joined work in Sept 2003 because employer could not hire me in April due to some technical problems so worked with some agency until Dec 2004 along with my normal job- HO is aware of this some how- its a long story.

3rd WP arrived in Aug 2004- FLR arrived in Sept 2004 --Sept 2008, since then working with this current employer- in 2008 WP Extended now FLR is until Sept 2013.

My current employer is offering me promotion and we have a little daughter who is 18months, we also planning to go back home in April. I thought ILR is the best option but scared to face the reality how HO will react when they will see there is a gap in employment and I was working with the agency without any permission, however with my current employer I have spent more thann 5 years without any problems. My question is can I write in the SET (O) form- Section 6
When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the
date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay
on which application is based-
Should I say July 2002 or Sept 2004, I believe they can reset my clock from Dec 2003 or consider this current employer Sept 2004.

2nd Question when I was a student I did change Uni, but did not know that I need to inform the HO that time, do they look at all Landing cards of main applicants along with dependents when they issue ILR?

Should I go through a solicitor or myself? Can they deal with this kind of cases at PEO?

Cheers
JJ

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:21 pm

in my opinion it is Sept 2004, whch means you can apply straight away. some might even ask 'what are you waiting for?'
i think any problems would have come up when you applied for your WP or when you extended it

JJUK
Newly Registered

Post by JJUK » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Thanks Guru, I had a plan to emigrate to Australia but due to some family problem it did not go through. I will stick to Sept 2004. Yes when I applied for WP-FLR in Sept 2004 and ext Sept 2008 nothing came up, but as I said HO has got a reference letter from the agency where I worked during April 2003-Dec 2003.