ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lmc
Newly Registered

Post by lmc » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:51 pm

London102 wrote:Hello friends,

Congrats to all who have received and good luck to those who are still awaiting the approval.

Sorry for being so dumb, but I would appreciate if someone can explain step by step the process of applying for passport after receiving naturalization approval. I am confused between online passport application at IPS website and check & send service.

Regards,
I believe the online service allows you to enter in all your information and then the IPS prints it out and mails it to you for signatures etc. You then either post it or take it to the post office check and send. You are not actually applying online it is just to save you having to fill out the form with a pen. (from my understanding)

The post office check and send service literally just checks over your application form, supporting docs and photos to make sure they look ok. (In my opinion a very brief overall check - not in depth at all.) You then pay for everything there at the post office and they send it off to IPS in a special post office courier bag thing. (This service was worth it to me not only because of the more secure post office courier bag thing but because they noted that my first set of passport photos would not have been acceptable so I took new ones on their recommendation.)

London102

Post by London102 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Thanks very much for the information lmc.

Take care

lmc wrote:
London102 wrote:Hello friends,

Congrats to all who have received and good luck to those who are still awaiting the approval.

Sorry for being so dumb, but I would appreciate if someone can explain step by step the process of applying for passport after receiving naturalization approval. I am confused between online passport application at IPS website and check & send service.

Regards,
I believe the online service allows you to enter in all your information and then the IPS prints it out and mails it to you for signatures etc. You then either post it or take it to the post office check and send. You are not actually applying online it is just to save you having to fill out the form with a pen. (from my understanding)

The post office check and send service literally just checks over your application form, supporting docs and photos to make sure they look ok. (In my opinion a very brief overall check - not in depth at all.) You then pay for everything there at the post office and they send it off to IPS in a special post office courier bag thing. (This service was worth it to me not only because of the more secure post office courier bag thing but because they noted that my first set of passport photos would not have been acceptable so I took new ones on their recommendation.)

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:08 am

navnas wrote:just one photo and without any refree signature .... i also sent my application today using NCS .... by the way best of luck ....the wait period has started now ....
HOW WE DOING MATE ??? WISH YOU AL THE BEST ...FOR YOUR APPLICATION ...CAN YOU DO ME A FAVOUR ...CAN YOU TELL ME YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THE NCS ..CAN YOU GO WITH DETAILS PLZ ..HOW WAS IT THANKS

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:50 am

Hi Murad have you heard anything yet u should have received your approval already or may be in nex 2/3 days.

Spartec, have you heard anything yet. i calld home office 2wice but i suppose they do not like me and do not willing to say anything. so i gave up.

i hate check my post everyday becasue i have to go to my residence porter house to check my post as live in university campus. besides we do not have invidual letter box.

Spartac

Post by Spartac » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:10 am

[quote="Eskar"]Hi Murad have you heard anything yet u should have received your approval already or may be in nex 2/3 days.

Spartec, have you heard anything yet. i calld home office 2wice but i suppose they do not like me and do not willing to say anything. so i gave up.

i hate check my post everyday becasue i have to go to my residence porter house to check my post as live in university campus. besides we do not have invidual letter box.[/quote]

Hi Eskar,

Nothing yet. My application clearly running much slower than standard as I did talk to the HO yesterday and was told its still going initial checks and is yet to be assigned to a caseworker. Nearly a month since I submitted so not quite sure what they are upto.

Just guessing but maybe some nationalities do run slower than others which to be honest is fair enough.

Regards - Spartac

mohamedmourad

Post by mohamedmourad » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:16 am

hi eskar
i not have any thing yet . i call HO and they told me no letter been sent !!!!!

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:21 am

Spartec,
count me in your league because i suppose no progrees happend yet tht y they told me they cant give any information unless it 6 month old. but nothing to stressout, will get there may be not as gold champion.
Spartac wrote:
Eskar wrote:Hi Murad have you heard anything yet u should have received your approval already or may be in nex 2/3 days.

i hate check my post everyday becasue i have to go to my residence porter house to check my post as live in university campus. besides we do not have invidual letter box.
Hi Eskar,

Nothing yet. My application clearly running much slower than standard as I did talk to the HO yesterday and was told its still going initial checks and is yet to be assigned to a caseworker. Nearly a month since I submitted so not quite sure what they are upto.

Just guessing but maybe some nationalities do run slower than others which to be honest is fair enough.

Regards - Spartac

Eskar

Re: .

Post by Eskar » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:25 am

Murad,
seems like we have to listen what they said ...2 weeks.
mohamedmourad wrote:hi eskar
i not have any thing yet . i call HO and they told me no letter been sent !!!!!

rgora
Newly Registered

naturalisation time line update

Post by rgora » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:35 am

quick update with my timeline
applied on 16th Jan via NCS, Brent, was acknowledged on 21st Jan and got an approval yesterday dated 03/02/10. got to organise ceremony now

thanks everyone for your updates online, this helps in getting an idea of timelines

Eskar

Re: naturalisation time line update

Post by Eskar » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:41 am

congratulation for approval and good luck to ceremony and passport.
rgora wrote:quick update with my timeline
applied on 16th Jan via NCS, Brent, was acknowledged on 21st Jan and got an approval yesterday dated 03/02/10. got to organise ceremony now

thanks everyone for your updates online, this helps in getting an idea of timelines

navnas

Post by navnas » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:08 pm

joelondon wrote:
navnas wrote:just one photo and without any refree signature .... i also sent my application today using NCS .... by the way best of luck ....the wait period has started now ....
HOW WE DOING MATE ??? WISH YOU AL THE BEST ...FOR YOUR APPLICATION ...CAN YOU DO ME A FAVOUR ...CAN YOU TELL ME YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THE NCS ..CAN YOU GO WITH DETAILS PLZ ..HOW WAS IT THANKS
Hello mate , well for NCS it was quite informal/relaxed type of iteraction .... they ask for all the key docs like in my case ,

- AN form
- P60's ( not mandatory though)
- in my case the ILR backdated letter ( HSMP JR)
- passports
- life in the UK pass letter
AND thats it . They also ask you some basic questions to check if one is meeting all the statuary requirements like were you before 5 years , have u held ILR for 12 months and are u under the absences limit etc to send it along with ur signature to the HO .

they copy every thing and certify and return u all the originals ...

this is what happened with me ...

BR

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:13 pm

navnas wrote:
joelondon wrote:
Hello mate , well for NCS it was quite informal/relaxed type of iteraction .... they ask for all the key docs like in my case ,

- AN form
- passports
AND thats it . They also ask you some basic questions to check if one is meeting all the statuary requirements like were you before 5 years , have u held ILR for 12 months and are u under the absences limit etc to send it along with ur signature to the HO .

BR
thank you very much dude ...its sound easy and chill out !!! did they check your passport page by page ...how they were about the entry and exit stamps ...??? thanks for your help ..much appreciate it

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:09 am

navnas wrote:
joelondon wrote:

- AN form
- passports

BR
Useful info.
Thanks
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

sabrit
Newly Registered

Post by sabrit » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:07 am

Has anyone submitted applications for citizenship by descent (based on mother's UK nationality)? I'm keen to find out how long this might take. I've heard it can take up to 9 months.

My application:
Submitted to High Commission, Pretoria: 3/02/10
Aknowledgement: Pending......

voan
Newly Registered

Post by voan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:00 am

Hey bud nothing yet. :shock:
safwan wrote:hi voan

i ve got a feeling ,you will receive your approval letter tomorrow

safwan

Post by safwan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:00 pm

it looks like if its getting bit slow for every one

Eskar

Post by Eskar » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:16 pm

i just contactd wit my local counci she told me she did not received anything in my name. besides this week she is expecting the certificate of applicant who aplied in between 30th nov-5 jan and i applied 20th jan. so has to wait bit longers , couple of weeks minimum.

safwan

Post by safwan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:51 pm

hi eskar

just take it easy , ( A WATCHED POT NEVER BOILS)

safwan

Post by safwan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:56 pm

AND Anxious waiting does not speed up matters

titas
Newly Registered

Post by titas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:56 pm

I have applied 21st of Jan. I spoke with Home office yesterday and they said my application has been allocated to a caseworked yesterday (11th Feb).

Eskar wrote:i just contactd wit my local counci she told me she did not received anything in my name. besides this week she is expecting the certificate of applicant who aplied in between 30th nov-5 jan and i applied 20th jan. so has to wait bit longers , couple of weeks minimum.

safwan

Post by safwan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:58 pm

HI titas

Do you know the date the home office received your application

titas
Newly Registered

Post by titas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:00 pm

on 22nd of Jan. I applied via NCS
safwan wrote:HI titas

Do you know the date the home office received your application

safwan

Post by safwan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:03 pm

the best think to do is to relax and forget about it and keep your mind busy with other activities and let the postman do his job

titas
Newly Registered

Post by titas » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:08 pm

Safwan

I agree with you and tried that but it didn’t work ................ lol. You can see I'm still sitting in front of the computer browsing through this forum and expecting some one like you will tell me DON’T WORRY YOU WILL GET IT TOMORROW.

safwan

Post by safwan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:35 pm

ok titas dont worry you will get it tomorrow lolllllllll