ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 years ILR waiting time urgent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

groispois
Newly Registered

14 years ILR waiting time urgent

Post by groispois » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:32 am

Few people who applied for ILR under the 14 years rule,had received letter from UKBA stating that,YOU SHOULD RECEIVED A DECISION ON YOUR CASE BY MARCH 2010 THE LATEST.We are in february already,but so far no one I know had received an answer from the UKBA as yet.If anyone applied under the 14 years rule and still waiting or anyone who already have their ILR under the same rule,please share some infos as many people are getting frustrated and keen to know when will the postman deliver the good news.[/i]

sam-zen

Post by sam-zen » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:00 pm

WHY you going out dont take chance if you got all docement apply my frend got its passport back in 5week,
SAM JORDY

groispois
Newly Registered

Post by groispois » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:26 pm

my friend applied since may 2008 n still waiting.she applied under the 14 years ILR rule.last time she received a letter from UKBA,was last november asking her to send new recent photo,p60 and last 3 months proof of address n they send her a method of entry questionaire to fill too.she send everything back on the 10th of december last year and since then she hasnt heard anything from them.

groispois
Newly Registered

Post by groispois » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:29 pm

sam jordy,under what ground did ur friend applied n when did he put his application to the UKBA?Basically how long did it take ur friend to receive his/her passport.We just want an idea as there are too many people who had applied under the 14 years rule n still waiting,so will be so nice for people to share their experience.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:42 pm

I wasn't going to reply to this thread because, well, I didn't want to upset with the news I got about my application.

I just find this entire waiting time situation bizarre. I spoke to my solicitor yesterday about the 2-3 year wait because I can't wait that long without going back into illegal employment. They stated they didn't know why I was worrying because I should receive a decision in the near future, if not the near future within the 6 months timescales stated by the UKBA. They went on to say however if my application was in anyway complex then the waiting time would go over a year.

I hear about people who applied under the 14 rule receiving an answer after 2-3 months and then I read your post about the 2-3 year wait which confuses me. I know it doesn't answer your question but I think maybe your friend should contact the UKBA and demand an answer because something doesn't seem right. Did they use a solicitor, they could ask them :?

groispois
Newly Registered

Post by groispois » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:58 pm

oh yes anyone who applied under the 14 years rule,is not a priority for the the UKBA,which I think is not fair at all.My friend has been waiting since May 2008,but saying that UKBA had a backlog that they were working on.You are so lucky to receive acknowledgement letter within days as my friend waited for4 months to receive hers.So due to Election approaching fast and UKBA just had an implementation,therefore things must have change I suppose so.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:24 pm

I wish I had something to say which would give your friend hope :(

I really do hope they hear with the next month.

vinseh

Post by vinseh » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:34 pm

kiwigirl25 wrote:I wish I had something to say which would give your friend hope :(

hi kiwigirl25,

although i have no say in your situation, mine is entirely different case but i have been reading your posts lately and can sincerely imagine what you must be going through...it's just that i've had my share of hardships in the uk...so just wanted to wish you good luck and sincerely hope that your patience pays SOON. :)

Same wishes for others travelling in the same boat :)

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:51 pm

vinseh wrote:
kiwigirl25 wrote:I wish I had something to say which would give your friend hope :(

hi kiwigirl25,

although i have no say in your situation, mine is entirely different case but i have been reading your posts lately and can sincerely imagine what you must be going through...it's just that i've had my share of hardships in the uk...so just wanted to wish you good luck and sincerely hope that your patience pays SOON. :)

Same wishes for others travelling in the same boat :)
Thank you for your kind words, they help as I'm sure they help others :)

redokeef
Newly Registered

long residence 14 years

Post by redokeef » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:23 am

happy news i got my ILR today

Applied sep/2008
grant:7/12/2009
received passport:13/02/2010

wish everyone success.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:26 pm

I'm so pleased for you :D I've been reading your "story" and was worried for you but that is fantastic news. You better be celebrating today!!!

groispois
Newly Registered

Post by groispois » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:38 pm

congratulation,wish u all the luck possible.hope i get some good news monday.

groispois
Newly Registered

Post by groispois » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:31 pm

redokeef,plz tell us from A to B your story from when you applied for ILR.Also plz tell us every single document u send with ur application.tell us ur story in full plz.