ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

To apply PSW visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ram159
Newly Registered

To apply PSW visa

Post by ram159 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi All,

My wife is studying Master Degree in UK as a dependent of mine (Tier 2). She wants to apply PSW visa after her study. She will receive the Post Graduate Diploma certificate in July and she may get the Post graduate Degree certificate in December only after her dissertation.

I just would like to know one thing.

Is this possible to apply PSW visa once receive the Diploma certificate or its required Degree certificate to apply?

Thanks for advance.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:03 pm

i am assuming dissertation is pretty big deal in getting the qualification. Before her dissertation , she can not convince case worker that she is awarded the qualification. this means, no points are scored in that category, hence your application will be refused.

wait until everything is done and dusted as far as her studies are concerned and then apply.

hope it helps

ram159
Newly Registered

Post by ram159 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Thanks for the response.

I would like to ask one more doubts. If we go to our home country to apply student visa before the end of the course, will they issue the student visa.

Is there any chance to reject the student visa for three or four months?

Thanks in advance.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:37 pm

r u saying you want new student visa for 3,4 months? not really sure u will satisfy the requirements of visa in first place...

perhaps more info will help us here to answer your question

ash786
BANNED

Re: To apply PSW visa

Post by ash786 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:15 pm

ram159 wrote:Hi All,

My wife is studying Master Degree in UK as a dependent of mine (Tier 2). She wants to apply PSW visa after her study. She will receive the Post Graduate Diploma certificate in July and she may get the Post graduate Degree certificate in December only after her dissertation.

I just would like to know one thing.

Is this possible to apply PSW visa once receive the Diploma certificate or its required Degree certificate to apply?

Thanks for advance.
1. Let me make one thing clear, u said that u wife is stuyding for masters but she is u dependent.
2. So my friend she can not apply for PSW visa cuz of that not within UK and not outside UK.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:18 pm

arsenal49 wrote:i am assuming dissertation is pretty big deal in getting the qualification. Before her dissertation , she can not convince case worker that she is awarded the qualification. this means, no points are scored in that category, hence your application will be refused.

wait until everything is done and dusted as far as her studies are concerned and then apply.

hope it helps
1. Please read the psot before advising as the wife is his dependent so she is not allowed to apply for PSW cuz she is not the main applicant plus her status is not one of the eligible categories for PSW.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:47 pm

thanks ash for pointing that out.

but surely she can apply for psw as a main applicant after completing her studies becuase whe would satisfy all the requirements..

but i take your point.. mymistake for not realising different rules apply to dependents..

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:55 pm

arsenal49 wrote:thanks ash for pointing that out.

but surely she can apply for psw as a main applicant after completing her studies becuase whe would satisfy all the requirements..

but i take your point.. mymistake for not realising different rules apply to dependents..
1. Dependents are not allowed to switch their status within UK and become main applicant.
2. Dependents need to leave the UK and apply for the visa from home country meeting the full criteria.
3. But for PSW dependents can not apply from both UK and outside the UK because of the requirements of the PSW.

ram159
Newly Registered

Post by ram159 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Thanks arsenal ash for the valuable information.

Ash,

I have n't aware of the 3'rd point which you mentioned in last update.

Once she finish her study in UK, she can apply for PSW as a main applicant from outside UK. Is't Right? even if she studied in dependent visa.

I have checked the home office points calculator. It says that she is able to apply PSW main applicant from her home country, once she finished her study.

Thanks in advance.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:54 pm

ram159 wrote:Thanks arsenal ash for the valuable information.

Ash,

I have n't aware of the 3'rd point which you mentioned in last update.

Once she finish her study in UK, she can apply for PSW as a main applicant from outside UK. Is't Right? even if she studied in dependent visa.

I have checked the home office points calculator. It says that she is able to apply PSW main applicant from her home country, once she finished her study.

Thanks in advance.
1. Yes thats correct and i do apologise for the misunderstanding yes she can apply from home country for PSW.
Last edited by ash786 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:00 pm

arsenal49 wrote:thanks ash for pointing that out.

1. She can def apply from home country but not within UK.
2. I apologise for the misunderstanding.

shussain452

Post by shussain452 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:28 pm

but as for as desertation is concern. if she is studing in the college and there will be a kind of a topup from pgd to masters then i think she cant apply from outside the country.. am i correct

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:36 pm

shussain452 wrote:but as for as desertation is concern. if she is studing in the college and there will be a kind of a topup from pgd to masters then i think she cant apply from outside the country.. am i correct
1. For PSW, As long as the qualification meets or exceeds UK Bachelors, Masters, PGD in Education or Scottish qualification then u r ok for PSW.
2. Any other qualification is not acceptable.
3. As far as the top up concern then that shud be fine as she will be holding a masters degree.

shussain452

Post by shussain452 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:27 pm

ash786 wrote:
shussain452 wrote:but as for as desertation is concern. if she is studing in the college and there will be a kind of a topup from pgd to masters then i think she cant apply from outside the country.. am i correct
1. For PSW, As long as the qualification meets or exceeds UK Bachelors, Masters, PGD in Education or Scottish qualification then u r ok for PSW.
2. Any other qualification is not acceptable.
3. As far as the top up concern then that shud be fine as she will be holding a masters degree.
regarding ur posti have a quiry if u or some one can help me out. i have done my pgd in january now i am doing a topup in mba the university requires that i must have to pass my three modules to qulify for desertation my visa is expiring in may. so my question is that if i complete my modules in with in may and return to my country and submit my desirtation from there and complete my mba so can i then apply for psw. i think its a tricky question

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:19 am

1 regarding ur posti have a quiry if u or some one can help me out. i have done my pgd in january now i am doing a topup in mba the university requires that i must have to pass my three modules to qulify for desertation my visa is expiring in may. so my question is that if i complete my modules in with in may and return to my country and submit my desirtation from there and complete my mba so can i then apply for psw. i think its a tricky question[/quote]

1. As long as u end up with a masters degree then u shud be fine.

shussain452

Post by shussain452 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:46 pm

1. As long as u end up with a masters degree then u shud be fine.[/quote]
no matter if it is a distance learning?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:01 pm

shussain452 wrote:1. As long as u end up with a masters degree then u shud be fine.

no matter if it is a distance learning?[/quote]

1. Depends on wat was the status of the applicant on distance learning course.
2. If student then the applicant cud not be stuyding as a distance learning in the first palce.

shussain452

Post by shussain452 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:41 pm

1. Depends on wat was the status of the applicant on distance learning course.
2. If student then the applicant cud not be stuyding as a distance learning in the first palce.[/quote]
if the status is student and study in the college and the university is saying that it is a distance learning then

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:30 pm

shussain452 wrote:1. Depends on wat was the status of the applicant on distance learning course.
2. If student then the applicant cud not be stuyding as a distance learning in the first palce.
if the status is student and study in the college and the university is saying that it is a distance learning then[/quote]

1. R u trying to say that the applicant studied in a college for a university qualification.
2. Universities and colleges do not offer distance learning courses to international students.

shussain452

Post by shussain452 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:25 pm

ash786 wrote:
shussain452 wrote:1. Depends on wat was the status of the applicant on distance learning course.
if the status is student and study in the college and the university is saying that it is a distance learning then
1. R u trying to say that the applicant studied in a college for a university qualification.
2. Universities and colleges do not offer distance learning courses to international students.[/quote]

yes the applicant is currently a student in a college for a uni qualification
and the university is saying that it is a distance learning programe
and u have to attend the college as a full ime student and the university has no concern regarding the extension of visa and that the student should contact the college regarding visa issues

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:44 pm

yes the applicant is currently a student in a college for a uni qualification
and u have to attend the college as a full ime student and the university has no concern regarding the extension of visa and that the student should contact the college regarding visa issues
[/quote]

1. Well thats correct as the college shud confirm these details as the university will only award the qualification.
2. The college shud make it clear to the applicant.

shussain452

Post by shussain452 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:58 pm

ash786 wrote:yes the applicant is currently a student in a college for a uni qualification
1. Well thats correct as the college shud confirm these details as the university will only award the qualification.
2. The college shud make it clear to the applicant.[/quote]

thanks for ur precious advise 786
now comming to the main topic if the student completes his modules via attending the collage and go back to his country and do the desirtation from his country so after getting the degree can he apply on that degree for psw
thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:22 pm

shussain452 wrote:can he apply on that degree for psw
Yes, as long as one meets the eligibility criteria.
regards

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:15 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
shussain452 wrote:can he apply on that degree for psw
Yes, as long as one meets the eligibility criteria.
regards
1. First thing is that if the college lets you do that then its fine.
2. The other thing is that u status shud be of a student wen u leave the country.
3. If u meet these requirements plus the others as stated in the PSW form then u shud be fine.

sheen
Newly Registered

Dissertation / TOP-UP after PGD towards MASTERS

Post by sheen » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:25 am

Hi i have just completed my LCM Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management and Marketing from a tier 4 college in London. This diploma was offered by LCM (London center of marketing).

Can some one tell me in details how can i get it TOP UP towards Master Degree from any UK recognized UK University with dissertation etc.