ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HOW MANY TIMES CAN U APPEAL FOR AN FRL(M)?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

myrlabelle

HOW MANY TIMES CAN U APPEAL FOR AN FRL(M)?

Post by myrlabelle » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:57 pm

As above please! I am yet to apply but just in case they refuse me :)
thanks a lot

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: HOW MANY TIMES CAN U APPEAL FOR AN FRL(M)?

Post by mochyn » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:43 pm

myrlabelle wrote:As above please! I am yet to apply but just in case they refuse me :)
thanks a lot
Why do you think they will refuse you?

myrlabelle

Post by myrlabelle » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:17 pm

well just in case, he is on all sorts of benefits that's why... i just want to get ready to the worse really!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:24 pm

You can appeal only when given the right to do so! E.g. - If a decision on your application is reached before your current leave to enter/remain expires, there is no right of appeal given.

The refusal letter will state whether you have the right to appeal or not. If give the right to appeal, you must do so within the stipulated timeframe.

regards

myrlabelle

Post by myrlabelle » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:52 pm

yes i know that but i have never stayed in breach of the immigration rules so i should be able to have the right to appeal... now the question is how many times can u appeal? like if they give u the right to do so and then refuse ur appeal can u appeal again? or how does it work?
ty

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:27 pm

myrlabelle wrote:well just in case, he is on all sorts of benefits that's why... i just want to get ready to the worse really!
Just because he is on benefits does not mean your visa will be refused, be positive, if you have not done anything illegal, you have no need to worry

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:32 pm

myrlabelle wrote:i have never stayed in breach of the immigration rules so i should be able to have the right to appeal
Immigration Directorate Instructions > Chapter 12 > Appeals > Section 1 - Rights of appeal.
myrlabelle wrote:how many times can u appeal? like if they give u the right to do so and then refuse ur appeal can u appeal again? or how does it work?
Immigration Directorate Instructions > Chapter 12 > Appeals > Section 4 > Annex B: Onward rights of appeal.

regards

myrlabelle

Post by myrlabelle » Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks mohcyn, I am trying to be positive but u know how the home office are!
so i understand that u only have ONE right of appeal per application?!
thanks everyone