ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I've overstayed my visa And now wish to go home.....

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

theclawinorbit
Newly Registered

I've overstayed my visa And now wish to go home.....

Post by theclawinorbit » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:08 pm

I have over stayed my visa and now wish to go home. And take My children with me. Can any one tell How UK immigration control might react when I leave??????

flyez

Post by flyez » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:38 pm

As far as I know, no one will stop you at airport when you want to go back to your country.

If you are a failed asylum seeker and short of money to go home.
Here is an important news that you might be interesting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

£2,000 cash offer to failed asylum seekers who go home

Alan Travis, home affairs editor
Friday January 13, 2006
The Guardian

Failed asylum seekers are being offered a new cash incentive of £2,000 a head to go home voluntarily, the immigration minister, Tony McNulty, announced last night.
He said a six-month pilot scheme got under way last week with the aim of boosting the number of failed asylum seekers who leave the country. The Home Office hopes the cash offer will mean that 3,000 go home over the next six months.

The decision to offer the new cash incentive follows pressure from MPs and government auditors who have estimated that if an extra 1,000 leave the country voluntarily it could save nearly £10m in the cost of deporting them.

The number of voluntary returns has been running at about 270 a month since the aid package was improved from £500 to £1,000 in January 2005. This will be the first time cash grants have been paid: until now all the assistance has been in the form of help with starting up small businesses, vocational training or education. The Home Office said the £2,000 cash would be on top of this £1,000 package and would be paid through the International Organisation for Migration to those who go home.
Mr McNulty said voluntary returns were preferable to enforced deportations. "This offer will be available only to those who leave the UK between January 1 and June 30 2006."

The full article: http://politics.guardian.co.uk/homeaffa ... 25,00.html

bbdivo
Member of Standing

Post by bbdivo » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:27 am

Well there have been some exit procedures in place at some airport terminals, but this does not seem to happen too often. Some members on here have recently had to go through these procedures.

As far as I can remember they will stamp your passport, give you a good talking to, and send you on your way. Needless to say if and when you do come back into the country, immigration will pick this up. Even if you don't go through an exit procedure, immigration usually can work out from your travel records that you have overstayed.

Sunnyboy
Newly Registered

Post by Sunnyboy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:34 pm

Hi
one point is clear that you are in breach of the leave granted to you hence breach of immigration rules .And in general sense ggod thing is that you are leaving with your own accord and hence have saved time and public fund compared to some other cases.

If your exit is not banned or your presence is not required by the British authorities in that case your departure may not be a problem.

Failed asyum seeker are already within the list of immigration department.s different category and any policy to send back them by paying a reasonable amount is considered in the public intrest as it may save a lot of time of the immigration department and others.

tgs

Post by tgs » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:55 pm

bbdivo wrote:Even if you don't go through an exit procedure, immigration usually can work out from your travel records that you have overstayed.
How can they do this, if I get a new passport (i.e. if my old passport has expired) ?