ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR wanting to bring his father under non-EEA??????? help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MARLE
Newly Registered

ILR wanting to bring his father under non-EEA??????? help

Post by MARLE » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:53 pm

Hi
Thanks for this forum. I have a few questions I hope you can help me.
I am Peruvian and a permanent Resident holding a ILR since 2007 married to a British Citizen, since 2005. I am a bit confuse about EEA rules. I have my father visiting me on a 2 years family Visa but he has to go back soon and I know he cannot come back after 6 months because he already is with us for 5 months. and if he intend to entry again during the period of 12 months he could be questioned.

Someone told me that the best way will be to apply for EEA Family member (VAF5) I dont know if he could apply to this Visa, because I am from Peru and obviously we are not an EEA but I have ILR in the UK and I read that UK is part of the EEA (right?) but being originally from Peru, is my father able to apply for this visa to come and stay in the UK as a resident? He is 59 years old.

Do I need to become British Citizen before to do apply?
I tried to read and read but I get so confuse about it.. Can somebody guide me?

Thanks so much for your answers..

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:40 pm

EEA Family Permit is only for EEA citizens excluding UK.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:05 am

You can not do anything with ILR you have to become a British citizen first and then exercise you EU treaty rights in another member state for the period of 6 months and if you want your father can join you where are will be living and after completing 6 months you and your father can return to UK using EEA route. He have to apply for EEA family permit to accompany you or join you in UK.
In UK national route if he is over 65 he can apply for elderly dependent parent if he is fully dependent on you and there is no one else who can take care of him but there are not bright chances of getting visa/residence permit.
fee for that I think is 16000£
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... ees2010-11