ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RE: DUAL PASSPORTS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SJ1811
Newly Registered

RE: DUAL PASSPORTS

Post by SJ1811 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:40 pm

I would like to find out what is the current procedure for using two passports for exiting and re-entering the UK. Just wondered if anyone has recently returned to the UK having done this as I would like to know whether UK immigration are looking for stamps to see where the passenger has been. How does this work if the foreign passport uses a biometric system and the passenger is using the foreign passport to enter and exit the foreign country?

Many thanks for any advice that can be offered.

SJ1811
Newly Registered

Re: RE: DUAL PASSPORTS

Post by SJ1811 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:43 pm

(Sorry, forgot to mention one passport is a UK passport and the other is a foreign passport)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:56 am

Are you asking how to use two valid passports, or one valid UK passport and an invalid foreign passport?
SJ1811 wrote:Oh dear, looks like I won't be getting very far! It's a very awkward situation and although I have a few close friends who have actually done this (one of them travels like this EVERY year) I don't think I am brave enough to do it. Flying in may not be a problem..but coming back out may be..although biometric system, I guess there will still be manual checking somewhere wanting to know why I am going to the UK etc. I have a short transit in HK if that makes any difference whatsoever.
You could find yourself in jail one fine day .. do you believe that it is worth it? This said, if are looking for suggestions on how to cheat the system in ways that are clearly illegal then, IMHO, you are posting your queries on the wrong website!

Your life, your risk .... all we can do is give our humble opinion!

regards

SJ1811
Newly Registered

Post by SJ1811 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:30 pm

Thank you for your 'humble opinions'...the UK does not have a problem with me using two passports, I have rung IPS, the Home Office and even the immigration office at one of the local airports.
My question was which passport to show on return, however as I am only getting negative comments throughout I have decided to withdraw from any further posts.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:17 pm

SJ1811 wrote:the UK does not have a problem with me using two passports, I have rung IPS, the Home Office and even the immigration office at one of the local airports.
Did you give them the real facts - that your foreign passport is not longer valid - when you asked them these questions? Or did you conveniently forget to disclose that info.?
SJ1811 wrote:My question was which passport to show on return
What do you mean which passport? You have only one (valid) passport! So it is understood that you can only show that!

regards

SJ1811
Newly Registered

Post by SJ1811 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:05 pm

Please do not begin to assume that I 'conveniently forgot to disclose that info'. On all my enquiries I have made it clear that I have two passports. I have been emailed by the e-borders team to bring both the passports on arrival. Thank you...my question has been answered.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:43 pm

No one denies the fact that you have two passports, but you need to clearly understand that the Malaysian passport that you possess is no longer of any *legal* use!
Renunciation Of Malaysian Citizenship - Under Article 23(1) Rule 36 of the Malaysian Constitution, you are required to renounce your Malaysian Citizenship once you acquire citizenship of a foreign country.
And you are witholding this information from anyone that you have been approaching for suggestions / feedback / opinions.

Anyhow, there is no point in trying to convince you to play safe ....you've made up your mind to risk your life and career. So be it!

All the best!

regards

coolwater267

Post by coolwater267 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:47 pm

Apologies for coming into your good conversation.

I would say that if a person asked a question and someone knows the answer they should reply to him/her without taunting them. In this person's case he wanted to know a answer so you should have replied him if you know the answer. Please do not judge someone.

I have noticed on this forum there are few people who start taunting people. They are here for information if they knew it they wont be here at the first place.

So be open minded and provide them information please do not taunt them for their questions. For you or someone else it might be stupids question but that person does not know it, thats why he asked it.

Regards
and Chill

sushdmehta wrote:No one denies the fact that you have two passports, but you need to clearly understand that the Malaysian passport that you possess is no longer of any *legal* use!
Renunciation Of Malaysian Citizenship - Under Article 23(1) Rule 36 of the Malaysian Constitution, you are required to renounce your Malaysian Citizenship once you acquire citizenship of a foreign country.
And you are witholding this information from anyone that you have been approaching for suggestions / feedback / opinions.

Anyhow, there is no point in trying to convince you to play safe ....you've made up your mind to risk your life and career. So be it!

All the best!

regards

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:04 pm

coolwater267 wrote:Apologies for coming into your good conversation.

I would say that if a person asked a question and someone knows the answer they should reply to him/her without taunting them. In this person's case he wanted to know a answer so you should have replied him if you know the answer. Please do not judge someone.

I have noticed on this forum there are few people who start taunting people. They are here for information if they knew it they wont be here at the first place.

So be open minded and provide them information please do not taunt them for their questions. For you or someone else it might be stupids question but that person does not know it, thats why he asked it.

Regards
and Chill

sushdmehta wrote:No one denies the fact that you have two passports, but you need to clearly understand that the Malaysian passport that you possess is no longer of any *legal* use!

All the best!

regards
So if I post a question asking how to get a fake UK passport so I could move there, do you think I should get 'help' from people here ??
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

coolwater267

Post by coolwater267 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Hi,
I am not saying this. I think no one should help that kinda person. I think you missunderstood me. I was talking about the questions being asked on the forum and some people reply to them in a way that they have commited a crime or something.

All I am saying is we should be helpful to all the people.

There are many polite ways of telling someone that they are doing something wrong instead of accusing them.

Regards

inwarsaw wrote:
coolwater267 wrote:Apologies for coming into your good conversation.

Regards
and Chill

All the best!

regards
So if I post a question asking how to get a fake UK passport so I could move there, do you think I should get 'help' from people here ??

republique
BANNED

Re: RE: DUAL PASSPORTS

Post by republique » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:37 pm

SJ1811 wrote:I would like to find out what is the current procedure for using two passports for exiting and re-entering the UK. Just wondered if anyone has recently returned to the UK having done this as I would like to know whether UK immigration are looking for stamps to see where the passenger has been. How does this work if the foreign passport uses a biometric system and the passenger is using the foreign passport to enter and exit the foreign country?

Many thanks for any advice that can be offered.
What stamps are you afraid of them seeing?
Second, if you have a UK passport you are supposed to show them that passport unless you are EU and invoking your EEA rights.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:41 pm

I'm confused, has a post been deleted because not once have I seen the OP say that either passport is fake?

Some countries allow it's citizens to hold dual citizenship. For example, my home country is one that allows it's citizens to hold both NZ and UK citizenships. So if I get British citizenship I am allowed to travel with both passports therefore will have to show both when I enter either the UK or NZ. Depending on where you travel to it's easier to use a certain passport due to their relationship with UK mainly or depending what visitor visa are required, i.e. might not need one if holding a British passport but may do with a NZ passport. It isn't illegal and there is no deception as both passports will be presented at Border Control. I hope this is what the original OP is referring to.

However it is best to refer the OP to their home country embassy who should be able to clarify if they are agreeable for them to retain their citizenship. I think someone posted something about Malaysia not being happy for it's citizens holding dual citizenship. Therefore if the OP is travelling on a passport of a country who does not agree with dual citizenship then they are in breach of immigration laws (I think).

If either passport is fake, then that's a big NO!!!!!!

EDIT: It looks like the OP did deleted some posts :(

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:43 pm

I am not sure if anyone clicked on the link in my very first response in this discussion.

It will clear things up!

regards

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:54 pm

Sorry, didn't see the link until you pointed it out :(

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:06 am

With no offence to anyone ... (better to clarify up front ... than be accused later :wink: )
coolwater267 wrote:I would say that if a person asked a question and someone knows the answer they should reply to him/her without taunting them. In this person's case he wanted to know a answer so you should have replied him if you know the answer. Please do not judge someone.
Please click on the link and read the discussion. After reading that thread, please answer me this:
1. Do you still believe that the OP (in this thread) was asking for "information" about something that he was unaware of?
2. Did I accuse him of anything other than the facts?
2. Did I judge someone or did you? :wink:

regards

SJ1811
Newly Registered

DUAL PASSPORTS

Post by SJ1811 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Thank you all for your comments, but let me clear something up here KIWIGIRL, at no point have I said that either passport was fake(why would I contact the Home Office otherwise)OR deleted any posts. I have come here for advice and that's what I have got. SUSHDMEHTA thank you for your advice. It is true that Malaysia does not allow dual nationality and that is that!

Regards