ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

owais210
Newly Registered

Successful ILR

Post by owais210 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi All,

I have got my ILR today, I would like to thank the moderators and all the people who advised me, or provided some great feedback on how to make application, documents etc etc.

If I win the Lotto I will definitly remember the immigrationboards.com creators.

Once again A big thank you.

And now, if any of you need any help or advice, I think I might be able to answer a few questions too :)))

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:34 pm

Congratulations owais210!

Great to hear of your success. :)

owais210
Newly Registered

Post by owais210 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:51 am

Thanks alot benifa :wink:

khan85

Post by khan85 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:30 pm

congratulations!!!

could you tell me what type of documents u included for the application plz.. and did u do it thru the post or in person.. thanks

owais210
Newly Registered

Post by owais210 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:49 pm

Hi Khan85.
Thanks Alot.

I applied in person.Its important to have your partner with you,
Becuase it obviously is a very important day.

You can apply by post but I dont like it as if they have any questions it will only delays process. If your application is straight forward then apply however you like. The fees have unfortunately just gone 70 pounds higher i think its 820 for postal and 1020 for in person, and there is a new version of FLR M form you might need if applying on or after 6th april 2009.

Documents were filed in a nice folder with council tax bills x 5

Wage Slips for me and my Wife x 10 for each of us (u dont have to but its good)

P60 for both of us.

TV Licence

Mobile bills x 5 each

Utility bills x 10 (in joint or separate account, the more the merrier)

Property docs (rental aggrement or deed certificate)

Bank Statements last 3 months ( i had nearly 10 of them)

Mortgage docs if any.

Any account showing joint savings etc is alos good.

My Passport and My wife's passport.

Completed FLR M form

Driving Licence (paper parts, even provisional is ok) if not available not to worry.

NHS card (if registered with GP for either of you)

Other memberships and letters from work etc as supporting evidance.

My wife got a poly pocket folder, put all the related letters together in date order for them, it only take 30 mins to be honest ifyou have letter and docs arranged.

I hope this helps.

Goodluck and God Bless

peter07
Newly Registered

Post by peter07 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:14 pm

[quote="owais210"]Hi Khan85.
Thanks Alot.

I applied in person.Its important to have your partner with you,
Becuase it obviously is a very important day.

You can apply by post but I dont like it as if they have any questions it will only delays process. If your application is straight forward then apply however you like. The fees have unfortunately just gone 70 pounds higher i think its 820 for postal and 1020 for in person, and there is a new version of FLR M form you might need if applying on or after 6th april 2009.

Documents were filed in a nice folder with council tax bills x 5

Wage Slips for me and my Wife x 10 for each of us (u dont have to but its good)

P60 for both of us.

TV Licence

Mobile bills x 5 each

Utility bills x 10 (in joint or separate account, the more the merrier)

Property docs (rental aggrement or deed certificate)

Bank Statements last 3 months ( i had nearly 10 of them)

Mortgage docs if any.

Any account showing joint savings etc is alos good.

My Passport and My wife's passport.

Completed FLR M form

Driving Licence (paper parts, even provisional is ok) if not available not to worry.

NHS card (if registered with GP for either of you)

Other memberships and letters from work etc as supporting evidance.

My wife got a poly pocket folder, put all the related letters together in date order for them, it only take 30 mins to be honest ifyou have letter and docs arranged.

I hope this helps.

Goodluck and God Bless[/quote]
Can you help as I am planning to apply for SET(M) next month!!

I have an unmarried partner visa. However, I have some absence out of the uk.

I went twice to visit my family (about 30 days in total), but my partner couldn't go with me, because of her job. But we kept in contact via email during those periods.

I left the country again for 5 1/2 months and that whose due to family illness. and again we kept in contact visa email and phone, and I have proff of member of my family illness.

Weintend to live together for the rest of our lives, as we have joint accounts together and I pay for some of the bills from my account.

My aquestion: Is my case straight forward, and do I have chance of applying for ILR??

Your help is much appretiated!!!

owais210
Newly Registered

Post by owais210 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:36 pm

Can you help as I am planning to apply for SET(M) next month!!

I have an unmarried partner visa. However, I have some absence out of the uk.

I went twice to visit my family (about 30 days in total), but my partner couldn't go with me, because of her job. But we kept in contact via email during those periods.

I left the country again for 5 1/2 months and that whose due to family illness. and again we kept in contact visa email and phone, and I have proff of member of my family illness.

Weintend to live together for the rest of our lives, as we have joint accounts together and I pay for some of the bills from my account.

My aquestion: Is my case straight forward, and do I have chance of applying for ILR??

Your help is much appretiated!!![/quote]

Sorry Mate. I do no tuse the forum as much and this post does seem older, however I have looked at it today and hope that all went well for you.
I would not know in your case, but as far as I can understand from comments on board, you did spend quite a bit of time outside the UK, regardless of family illness this is something that you would need to address. In such cases home office normally extends the visa to cover the length of time (as far as I am aware) once you have completed your 2 years here as a partner, you can then apply for ILR.

Goodluck