ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ADVICE required- Student visa to Tier 1 (General) HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hmz529
Newly Registered

ADVICE required- Student visa to Tier 1 (General) HSMP

Post by hmz529 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:23 am

I am a 25 year old student (male), planning to put in my application for Tier 1 HSMP. Currently I am doing my Msc from one of the well known University's in UK. I have done my Bachelors (BBA 4 years) from Canada and Worked for 3 years prior to my bachelors in Dubai. I am currently pursuing my Msc and will graduate in December 2010. Is it possible for me to apply and get the Tier 1 approved (from tier 4 converting to teir 1) ??? the points calculator gives me 75 points, but just to clear my doubt is it possible to apply the tier 1 now, or should I wait till I get my degree and a Job?

Would appreciate anyone with good experience telling me the likeliness of my acceptance of application if applied for Tier 1 General ( from a of scale 1-10) and should I apply myself or Should I go through an immigration agent or lawyer?

Please advise.......

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:28 am

How are you claiming points for previous earnings if you are presently studying full-time? Or are you earning through part-time employment (as allowed under Tier 4 conditions) and claiming points for the same?

regards

ali_hsn

Post by ali_hsn » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:22 am

Hi,

as far as I know sushdmehta is right. The points for previous earnings need to be in the 15 month period of your application date. You can pick any 12 month period within those 15 months. On a student visa, you are only allowed to work in UK for 20hrs a week, (apart from holidays).
Unless you are doing an MBA, MSc has 35 points.
I hope this helps.
regards,
all is well that ends well

hmz529
Newly Registered

Post by hmz529 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:57 am

Thanks for your advice. I am currently a full-time Master's student. But to my understanding and from whom I was given advise from has mentioned that my earning will be counted for 12months before I arrived in the Uk, which is September 2009. And currently I am not working and but looking out for a part time Job.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:59 am

my earning will be counted for 12months before I arrived in the Uk
You got incorrect advise.

hmz529
Newly Registered

Post by hmz529 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Thanks Aruni...

So what should I do now. Quite worried...

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:17 pm

hmz529 wrote:Thanks Aruni...

So what should I do now. Quite worried...
To qualify under Tier 1 (general) you should be able to get 75 points for attributes. Minimum £20000 previous income from the last 15 months, unless one took a maternity leave.

Only option I can think about for you is to complete your masters degree and apply for a PSW.

All the best

hmz529
Newly Registered

Post by hmz529 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:07 pm

Is it possible to show that I am still working with the company in my country as It is a family business while I study ? Which is actually true, as I am still actively consulting on a daily/weekly basis. And I could show an earning from there till date. Any suggestions to this ? Aruni thank you once again :)

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Is it possible to show that I am still working with the company in my country as It is a family business while I study ?
I am really not sure. Will wait for others to comment.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:26 pm

hmz529 wrote:Is it possible to show that I am still working with the company in my country as It is a family business while I study ? Which is actually true, as I am still actively consulting on a daily/weekly basis. And I could show an earning from there till date. Any suggestions to this ? Aruni thank you once again :)
The penalty for using deception to enter / remain in the UK can be very severe e.g. - a 10 year ban on entering UK!

Tier 1 (PSW) is the next logical step for you. So think about it and see if you qualify for it. After working for a year in UK on Tier 1 (PSW), you may then apply for Tier 1 (General).

regards

hmz529
Newly Registered

Post by hmz529 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:34 pm

Thank you Sushdmehta, but I really don't understand deception where I am using appropriate documents to prove work as I still have a valid work permit of that country where I hold the Job (In my family business), which is also my visa of entry to the same country and proof of email to an forth with the company employees. Also, a salary certificate and approval to study abroad and work partly can be provided by the company. The company is in U.A.E where everything works under strict regulations to avoid deception. Any opinions to this.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:49 pm

Well, if you are sure you can prove that you were studying full-time in the UK and also earning income by working in the UAE at the same time, you may qualify for Tier 1 (General).

regards

hmz529
Newly Registered

Post by hmz529 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:36 pm

If anyone has come accross the same case or experienced such like mine, please do post a comment. Cause I want to be atleast 100% confident when I do apply under tier 1 conditions. Thanks to everyone who contributed so far! :)