ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer letter, company name changed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sara_it
Newly Registered

Employer letter, company name changed

Post by sara_it » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi,

I have to go for ILR in new few days and I still haven't got a letter from my employer becuase i'm in two minds about this. My employer name was changed after i got my work permit and than at extenion home office argued about not letting them know about the name change but in the end, after requesting some more documents, they issued me an extension on the new company name.

Is it worth mentioning on the employer letter for ILR that the company name was changed. Something along the lines of " has been working for company X (formely known as Y) since DATE".

Thanks

wunder
Member of Standing

Re: Employer letter, company name changed

Post by wunder » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:47 pm

sara_it wrote:Is it worth mentioning on the employer letter for ILR that the company name was changed. Something along the lines of " has been working for company X (formely known as Y) since DATE".
Er-r-r, if you've had problems because of the name change already, I think it makes sense to get this bit in your letter just to be safe.

sara_it
Newly Registered

Post by sara_it » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:38 pm

i know but the thing is, the extension letter was issued and do i really want to raise the issue of company name myself by mentioning it on the letter.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:04 pm

sara_it wrote:i know but the thing is, the extension letter was issued and do i really want to raise the issue of company name myself by mentioning it on the letter.
I don't think it would hurt. For ILR they have to verify your entire stay in UK - so the old issue may appear again when they will look at your first year here.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:12 pm

It is better that you be upfront about it, rather than them finding it out and accuse you of hiding something that is material to your ILR application.

The fact they you were granted extension means that your stay is lawful and this issue should not affect ILR decision. But no harm in being upfront about the whole thing!

regards

sara_it
Newly Registered

Post by sara_it » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:21 pm

Thanks everyone. I'll have my HR mention the previous company name as well :)

kpreddy
Newly Registered

Technical Transfer

Post by kpreddy » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:08 pm

I am in the same situtaion as you are.

My pervious company has been acquired by another and after a lot of hazzel with the Home Office, the techincal transfer documnet has been issued by them.

I have drafted the employer letter and sent it to my GM. In the letter I did mention that I am working for the present company since xx-xx-xxxx and with (previous company name) since xx-xx-xxxx.

And as a back up, if my GM says that he cant sign for the old company dates, I still have a letter from my previous company GM stating the transfer of my employment to this new company.

Good luck with your ILR.....

Regards...
KPREDDY