ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on student visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

loko
Newly Registered

Advice on student visa

Post by loko » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:08 pm

Please i need your advice on what to do-I got admission to do ABE Diploma in Kingsbridge College of management $ Technology,London as I have have OND in Business Studies from a Polytechnic in Nigeria and ave paid the tutition fee and also paid for assisted accomodation and my sponsor,my uncle provided his sponsorship letter and his Bank statement-Naira and Euro Account with more than enough money to show that he can maintain mer there without recourse to publc fund.
My application for student visa was returned twice for same reason i.e like a prototype letter bcos the words were the same on the two occassions and iam just confused on what to do

Reasons given-

Source of income can not be established and what will he benefit from such expendiure
What gain will i get from the education and to what use

and on my second presentation,my uncle enclosed his bank tellers to show deposits and copies of billof landing for cars he imported as he has an automobiles shop and all his registration documents and he told him that he decided to send me as his sister-my mother trained him to whatever level he is and since he has the means he can conveniently do that for his nephew and that since iam a brilliant chap as i have upper credit in my diploma-he doesnt want my education derailed due to fall in our education standard here and student unrest.

What can i do as the school came me 3 more weeks to sort out myself or defer till God knows when.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:32 pm

Source of income can not be established and what will he benefit from such expenditure
What gain will i get from the education and to what use
With the second application, did you submit a copy of your Uncle's tax return form? That would have proved the level of his income and might have assisted with proving that you would not need to claim certain Public Funds.

Indeed, because you have already been rejected twice on financial grounds, now supply absolute proof that your Uncle can afford to funds your fees. That is, not just a copy of his tax return form, but also a short statement showing his monthly income and outgoings, hopefully confirming that he can afford to pay.

In other words, go "over the top" to ensure that the ECO sees that the financial test is passed.

As regards " What gain will i get from the education and to what use ", what did you say on the second application?
John

loko
Newly Registered

Post by loko » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:01 pm

We did not include Tax certificate but

-Letter from his bank saying that he has financial ability to undertake such venture

-Six months statements in Euro and Naira in personal name and business name and documents backing the company

-Invoices for cars sold for a period of time and Bill of lading for number of cars

-He owns his house where we are living

-Acopy of his passport to verify signature

and

I just explain that its a professional course for business oriented course and since the Diploma can get me accepted directly to university and to level 3 and cuple with the distruption in our academic calendar,i can do the exam easily there and with specific time frame and UK qualification onn my CV is a plus bcos employer know are warring of our certtificate

Do i now represent again knowing that it cost a fortune-21k for each presentation and that will be cool 60+-------------------------------------UK are really milking us dry here and this is with the fact that i have paid tuition and accomodation fee

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:25 pm

Six months statements in Euro and Naira in personal name and business name and documents backing the company
Can I ask, why no bank statements in Pounds? Could it be that the ECO accepts that your Uncle has a certain wealth but is concerned that there is no proof of wealth in the UK?

Sorry, where is your Uncle? What country?
it cost a fortune-21k for each presentation and that will be cool 60+-------------------------------------UK are really milking us dry
The application fee for a student visa is about £85, but payable in local currency. I accept that might seem like a fortune to you but ..... have you been to the UK before? Are you aware of the cost of living here in the UK?
John

loko
Newly Registered

Post by loko » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:45 pm

We live in Nigeria and since my uncle import cars from Germany-the Euro account comes handy and in any cas e Euro is a major currency.Do sponsor have to show connection to UK and i quite appreciate that standard of living there is high but since i have paid tution and accomadation fee and is just the upkeep i need from him .Its okay ,just to see if there is anything we can do before my deadline for registration.Any suggestion will be appreciated

loko
Newly Registered

Post by loko » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:27 am

anybody home

Sunnyboy
Newly Registered

Post by Sunnyboy » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:33 pm

hi
Every ECO has to examine and vet the documents submitted by the students. He looks into whether the studies in the UK are a career oriented by going through your past career and future prospect otherwise he may conclude about the intention of the students nothing but gain entry . In students case you must intend to leave the Uk after completion of the studies. You can show importance of the studies in your future life likewise if you get any job offer on the basis of your UK degrees.

Your sponsor.s fund nust show your sponsor's financial credibility and his source of income by producing his documented income and sometimes just bank staement does not help . You satisfy the ECO that fund is from a cridble person holding account in so and so capacity but sudden deposit of an amount that can not be co related with the income may create doubt .

loko
Newly Registered

Post by loko » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:32 pm

yodiyokun i need your advice as i could remember you ve pass through their hurdle for student visa