ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recent H1 approval doc for biometric appointment??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deviK
Newly Registered

Recent H1 approval doc for biometric appointment??

Post by deviK » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:41 pm

hi everyone.

Thanks to one and all for your reply for my previous query. They have been very helpful for application process.

I have a question about the documents to take for the biometric scan. In the mail confirmation it mentions that we need to take our travel document(passport) and biometric appointment confirmation. My question is do we have to take the latest H1 visa approval letter to the appointment along with us.

If we don't have the letter with us right now will that be a problem.

Some one Please reply its urgent as we have an appointment tomorrow.

Waiting for the reply.

Thanks in advance

hsmpaspirant2008

Re: Recent H1 approval doc for biometric appointment??

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:44 pm

Do not understand how your H1 approval letter matters. Did you mean HSMP approval letter?
deviK wrote:hi everyone.

Thanks to one and all for your reply for my previous query. They have been very helpful for application process.

I have a question about the documents to take for the biometric scan. In the mail confirmation it mentions that we need to take our travel document(passport) and biometric appointment confirmation. My question is do we have to take the latest H1 visa approval letter to the appointment along with us.

If we don't have the letter with us right now will that be a problem.

Some one Please reply its urgent as we have an appointment tomorrow.

Waiting for the reply.

Thanks in advance

deviK
Newly Registered

Recent H1 approval doc for biometric appointment

Post by deviK » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:01 pm

No i meant H1 approval letter as it is a proof that we have a valid visa to stay in US. Is passport only proof of identification?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:06 pm

H1 approval is not a proof of identification (at least not in UK).

What UKBA needs is a proof of identification. For all alien subjects (read migrants) the key identifier is a passport and/or travel document based on which you are identified and leave to enter / remain granted granted to the named individual.

What they (UKBA) wants to do is match the biometrics to the individual. So everytime you enter UK, they will are certain that you are the person who was granted leave to enter/remain ... and not someone else carrying your passport (e.g. - with his photogrpah pasted in it). Also to prevent identity frauds!

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sham111

Post by sham111 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:09 pm

Can u please explain things in detail.. U have mention documents, appointment, H1 approval letter...Doesn't make any sense...

Please explain clearly what is all about and the things u want to clarify...There are experts available in this forum who can help u.

Cheers

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:19 pm

UKVisas Biometrics (youtube).

regards

deviK
Newly Registered

Post by deviK » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:08 pm

All i wanted to know is things that i need to take along with me to the biometric appointment center. (Passport and biometric appointment confirmation letter)

Passport will be used as a proof of identity of the individual at the biometric appointment center and that they dont see if the person has valid visa with him (if the person is in US) at the time of application/biometric appointment?

My questions have been answered. Sorry if my question is confusing. thanks very much for the response

higgs.b0s0n
Newly Registered

Post by higgs.b0s0n » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:54 pm

deviK - I know you got your query answered so this is just to help others if they face a similar situation.

If there's a stamp of H1B's approval on your passport and a valid I-94, you should be good, imho.

btw, I'm an H1B holder myself and in the process of getting my application together. Have you done Masters from a university in the US? Did you need to get a certificate from UK NARIC?

Thanks.

deviK
Newly Registered

Post by deviK » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:55 pm

higgs: I did my masters in UK and moved to US. As far as my understanding goes U will need a UK NARIC certificate if your university does not come up in the PBS calculator and if the degree done is from a non English speaking country. Please check the self assessment calculator for more clarity. Most of universities are included so u should be fine. Some one pls correct me if im wrong.

Biometric scan was a 5 minute process for me. Just saw appointment confirmation letter, cross checked my identity with my passport, took scans and thats all.

higgs.b0s0n
Newly Registered

Post by higgs.b0s0n » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:24 pm

@deviK: Did you take your travel itinerary with you to the biometric screening appt? Is it necessary for the itinerary to reflect travel dates in AND out of United Kingdom? This is a work visa so I don't quite understand the two-way ticket deal.

I would appreciate someone chiming in on this point.

Thanks!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:31 pm

higgs.b0s0n wrote:@deviK: Did you take your travel itinerary with you to the biometric screening appt? Is it necessary for the itinerary to reflect travel dates in AND out of United Kingdom? This is a work visa so I don't quite understand the two-way ticket deal.

I would appreciate someone chiming in on this point.

Thanks!
No such requirement or need!

regards

higgs.b0s0n
Newly Registered

Post by higgs.b0s0n » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:37 pm

@sush: Thanks for the reply. I asked this question because being in the US, I submitted the application online, scheduled biometric scan appt. after which, on the summary page the travel itinerary was listed as one of the supporting documents that I'm required to carry to the appointed biometric center.

Anybody in a similar situation?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:00 pm

Since online application systems are used by all kinds of applicants applying for EC, IMHO, this could be true for some categories of applicants (e.g. - visitors) but not necessarily for all.

I do not see a reason for a Tier 1 (General) applicant to book return tickets to UK when - 1) he is not certain if his application for long-term stay will be approved, and 2) he will eventually be travelling to stay (long-term) in UK and not return in the forseeable future.

All IMHO ...

regards

deviK
Newly Registered

Post by deviK » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:06 pm

higgs: After we sent our application by post we received response where it is clearly mentioned that ''Please do not purchase flights until you have received your passport back and have been granted a visa.''

Hope this clarifies your question.