ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW rejected due to outdated photo

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

carlos02
Newly Registered
Pakistan

PSW rejected due to outdated photo

Post by carlos02 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:25 am

is there any 1 whose psw is rejected due to outdated photo? or has heard of some 1 in the above situation?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:44 am

Your photo CANNOT be outdated if it was taken 3 months ago.. stop worrying.. u will recieve your visa soon :)

uguracar
Newly Registered

Re: PSW rejected due to outdated photo

Post by uguracar » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:02 am

carlos02 wrote:is there any 1 whose psw is rejected due to outdated photo? or has heard of some 1 in the above situation?
Hammad,,,,I am very sure this is you:))).. Dont wory mate...they will not be understanding whether it is outdated or not.. Did your pictures have the date showing which date it was? If not, so then, who the hell will be figuring it out...? I know you have tension like anyone else,,,,but you need to calm down...

Good Luck in your application

Ugur

uguracar
Newly Registered

Post by uguracar » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:06 am

arsenal49 wrote:Your photo CANNOT be outdated if it was taken 3 months ago.. stop worrying.. u will recieve your visa soon :)
Arsenal... I sent my application with a phote that has no name written behind... One of the guy suggested me to send new photos by special deliveri refering my application referance number...may it be solution? My application has already started to be onsidered as per UKBA website schedule...They have already stated that in their aclknowledgement letter "do not send any additional document unless requested"..

Shall i send or not? Please advice bro:(

PostMan

Re: PSW rejected due to outdated photo

Post by PostMan » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:15 am

carlos02 wrote:is there any 1 whose psw is rejected due to outdated photo? or has heard of some 1 in the above situation?
Photo is not the main requirement. If you photo do not qualify, I think they will contact you

PSWApplicant
Newly Registered

Post by PSWApplicant » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:19 am

Yes. I know of a friend whose PSW was rejected because he used the same photo that was used for his student visa more than an year ago. You should send a recent photograph. He was given a chance to appeal.

aries2010
Newly Registered

Post by aries2010 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:08 am

@uguracar, I have got my PSW last week. I sent old photographs by mistake, but later I posted new photographs with a covering letter though HO didnt ever ask me for tht. It took 6 weeks to get back my passport.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:02 pm

uguracar wrote:
arsenal49 wrote:Your photo CANNOT be outdated if it was taken 3 months ago.. stop worrying.. u will recieve your visa soon :)
Arsenal... I sent my application with a phote that has no name written behind... One of the guy suggested me to send new photos by special deliveri refering my application referance number...may it be solution? My application has already started to be onsidered as per UKBA website schedule...They have already stated that in their aclknowledgement letter "do not send any additional document unless requested"..

Shall i send or not? Please advice bro:(
Did you apply alone or u applied for dependents as well? If you have sent only YOUR pics then HO will know its you. so forgetting to write the name on the back is not an issue.

Beside, i am very sure they can not refuse you visa for such a minor mistake. Worst case, it might get delayed for couple of weeks and they ask you to send new photos with name on the back...

Keep us updated and all the best

carlos02
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by carlos02 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:46 pm

@pswapplicant

on what adress should i send my recent photographs? it has been six weeks now since i applied. is it okay to send the fotos now or just wait for the decision?

carlos02
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by carlos02 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:57 pm

@aries2010

how long after your initial application did you send ur recent fotographs and on which adress?

PSWApplicant
Newly Registered

Post by PSWApplicant » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:26 pm

@carlos02 Do the photos you submitted resemble any of the ones on the visas ? I mean is there any way that they can say that you are reusing the old pics ? If so send the new ones, else I think you are covered.