ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1(General Migrant) to Tier1(Post-Study Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

itsprabhu
Newly Registered

Tier1(General Migrant) to Tier1(Post-Study Visa

Post by itsprabhu » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:40 am

Hi All, I am currently holding Tier1 General Migrant visa and doing my masters in UK. I just want to know whether it is possible to apply for Tier1 Post Study Visa after completion of my studies or in other words can I switch to Tier1 Post Study Visa from Tier1 General Migrant visa? I couldn't find this information on the website. Thanks in Advance.

imranhameed2000

Post by imranhameed2000 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:23 pm

i think there are some points allocated to what was your status when u were studying? and there are points if u studied on student visa... i am afraid if this is the case u wont be able to achieve the full points to qualify for PSW.

also check on the home office calculator for scoring the points. that will clear the relevant doubts.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:14 pm

You cannot switch. But if *you qualify* you may apply for EC from home country.

Read Tier 1 (PSW) policy guidance.

regards

PostMan

Re: Tier1(General Migrant) to Tier1(Post-Study Visa

Post by PostMan » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:42 pm

itsprabhu wrote:Hi All, I am currently holding Tier1 General Migrant visa and doing my masters in UK. I just want to know whether it is possible to apply for Tier1 Post Study Visa after completion of my studies or in other words can I switch to Tier1 Post Study Visa from Tier1 General Migrant visa? I couldn't find this information on the website. Thanks in Advance.
Why are you going down to PSW from Tier General 1?

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: Tier1(General Migrant) to Tier1(Post-Study Visa

Post by yasa » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:12 pm

itsprabhu wrote:Hi All, I am currently holding Tier1 General Migrant visa and doing my masters in UK. I just want to know whether it is possible to apply for Tier1 Post Study Visa after completion of my studies or in other words can I switch to Tier1 Post Study Visa from Tier1 General Migrant visa? I couldn't find this information on the website. Thanks in Advance.
Y u wanna do it... just asking...
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================