ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Work Permit

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

milindsm

Previous Work Permit

Post by milindsm » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:46 am

I had UK WP 3 years back which has now expired. Tier 1 form asks about the previous visa details. I am not able to make out as what is the work permit number...!! Is VAF No is same as Work Permit number?? I mean that is what I am supposed to enter in the form ???? There is one more number printed in red (something like we usually have on invoice or receipt)

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Previous Work Permit

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:11 am

milindsm wrote:I had UK WP 3 years back which has now expired. Tier 1 form asks about the previous visa details. I am not able to make out as what is the work permit number...!! Is VAF No is same as Work Permit number?? I mean that is what I am supposed to enter in the form ???? There is one more number printed in red (something like we usually have on invoice or receipt)
In the Tier1(G) applicatioin it asks for the Worker's Reference No.. this you can find in the WP Letter you got before applying for EC.. give than no..

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:52 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:
milindsm wrote:I had UK WP 3 years back which has now expired. Tier 1 form asks about the previous visa details. I am not able to make out as what is the work permit number...!! Is VAF No is same as Work Permit number?? I mean that is what I am supposed to enter in the form ???? There is one more number printed in red (something like we usually have on invoice or receipt)
In the Tier1(G) applicatioin it asks for the Worker's Reference No.. this you can find in the WP Letter you got before applying for EC.. give than no..
That letter is with my previous employer. I wonder, isn't it not their on the visa????

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:44 am

milindsm wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:
That letter is with my previous employer. I wonder, isn't it not their on the visa????
Unfortunately it is not on the Visa.. dont you have a copy of the WP letter?

In worst case give the VAF No and mention it in the cover letter in brief.. so that CW can use that no. to traack ur details if required..

sivaprasad_ece

Previous visas Query

Post by sivaprasad_ece » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:32 am

Hi

I have been to UK 4years Back on a student visa during with i had extended my student visa twice and later on the SEGS Scheme (the latest one).

1. Do i need to enter all the details of the earlier visas ?

2. Will the Details of the latest visa be enough in this section ?

Regards,
Siva

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Previous visas Query

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:32 am

sivaprasad_ece wrote:Hi

I have been to UK 4years Back on a student visa during with i had extended my student visa twice and later on the SEGS Scheme (the latest one).

1. Do i need to enter all the details of the earlier visas ?

2. Will the Details of the latest visa be enough in this section ?

Regards,
Siva
Please put the question no. and the details of question regarding which u have query? dont let us assume ur question and give answer for something else..

sivaprasad_ece

Previous Work Permit

Post by sivaprasad_ece » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:36 am

Hi

Sorry for tthis.
I have got the required info from another post Thank You.

Another Question:-

I am palnning to apply for myself first and later for my dependents (wife) if i am successfull.

How would i answer the below question and should i give the spouse details if i say NO ?

Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?

Regards,
Siva

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:38 am

sivaprasad_ece wrote:Hi

Sorry for tthis.
I have got the required info from another post Thank You.

Another Question:-

I am palnning to apply for myself first and later for my dependents (wife) if i am successfull.

How would i answer the below question and should i give the spouse details if i say NO ?

Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?

Regards,
Siva
Yes give the spouse details even if u say NO..

sivaprasad_ece

Previous Work Permit

Post by sivaprasad_ece » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:43 am

Do i need to explain why i am not applying for dependent in Part 7(Aditional Information) ?