ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mad

Post by mad » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:54 am

I also want to say that I'll be made redundant in March 2010. If this happens then I will be in a terrible position because I have been living in Ireland since 1999 and working in full time employment since 2001.

csr

Post by csr » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:42 am

don't worry, few of my friends got redundant few months ago but still they got their citizenships recently without any issue.

So, this Irish system works on documents and more over one should have a luck that's all.

mad

Post by mad » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:28 pm

Thank you CSR. I am really badly stuck. Does anyone know when should one expect citizenship based on the fact that I applied in October 2006.

crown

Post by crown » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:58 pm

mad wrote:I also want to say that I'll be made redundant in March 2010. If this happens then I will be in a terrible position because I have been living in Ireland since 1999 and working in full time employment since 2001.
Hi Mad
If you can cope I suggest you do not take welfare - hoping they do not ask for your payslips again You are off if you take welfare I know someone who was laid off but did not take welfare and luckily he was given a month later. Of course, he was on the dole queue the following day he got the letter
Hope it helps
Crown

Bayern Munchen
Newly Registered

Post by Bayern Munchen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:51 pm

I've been visiting this forum for nearly 2 years,just short reply regarding mad's post.Mate,its Ireland,so dont U worry,public service is extremely bad,and....I applied in november 2006,add.doc.requested sept.2008,sent oct.2008,waiting for garda report since november 2008.In august 2009 they told that my file been sent to the minister,but in october last year they sad that Garda report is not back.Well,I wrote a letter,respond was :usual blah -blah-blah,and as soon as ....we will inform.Typical INIS crap.Im in my 39th month of waiting.Thinking about MAD's situation(dates and circumstances),I think we are not the only people from last half of 2006 who are still waiting.Patience mate.Our day will come. P.S.Thanks for everyone on this forum for support and good luck for all those,who are still waiting.

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:52 pm

Bayern Munchen wrote:I've been visiting this forum for nearly 2 years,just short reply regarding mad's post.Mate,its Ireland,so dont U worry,public service is extremely bad,and....I applied in november 2006,add.doc.requested sept.2008,sent oct.2008,waiting for garda report since november 2008.In august 2009 they told that my file been sent to the minister,but in october last year they sad that Garda report is not back.Well,I wrote a letter,respond was :usual blah -blah-blah,and as soon as ....we will inform.Typical INIS crap.Im in my 39th month of waiting.Thinking about MAD's situation(dates and circumstances),I think we are not the only people from last half of 2006 who are still waiting.Patience mate.Our day will come. P.S.Thanks for everyone on this forum for support and good luck for all those,who are still waiting.
HI There,

I'm in the same state too, my GARDA report took ages and then they sent reminder in Oct-2009 for my GARDA report. 2 weeks back they told me that they have received GARDA report and would send to minister for decision. Rang them today to find out the status and luckily I'm through the number and again same response, "At the advanced stage and need to send to minister for decision" God knows how long would this take.

We just need to wait and have patience

(Sooo close yet soooo far )

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:30 pm

Deception-shy wrote: How long they take to make a decision once the application has been sent to minister for approval ? I'm not sure but I heard from friend of mine that applications are approved for every two months, is that right? otherwise throw some light on this.
I've heard the 2month thing too but I'm not sure about this. I seem to hear of some new approval letter received every month now.
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

mad

Post by mad » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Thank you all of you that responded to my post. I am really grateful and relieved in a way that I am not the only one in this boat.

Anyways, I spoke with my the DOJ again today and a rather kind lady picked up the phone. I explained this to her and she said that indeed my Garda report had come back but they have requested an update. She was not ab to tell me why they had requested an update. I had never been charged with any crime and I was never in court for anything. I have not as much as a speeding ticket or parking ticket ever. So why do you think this is?

Cheers

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:39 pm

update means they want to delay it...
silent protest against their wages being cut.

pay more taxes and levies and naturalisation charges, GNIB, visa etc etc might speed it up a bit... :roll:

they already have it , already have it mate ...and want to update it again? they know it takes ages to get it. dont stress yourself too much mate.

on the other side on Garda reports:

My fren heard in the news that there are teachers here in Ireland that are teaching already but still waiting for their Garda report but ofcourse they have to teach first before being caught being a ph... or something badddd... i dont know

but then again they are teachers... public servants that are needed.
immigrants in this country are obviosly not so important and not a priority

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:02 pm

smalltime wrote:but then again they are teachers... public servants that are needed.
immigrants in this country are obviosly not so important and not a priority
Ireland needs teachers to educate our children. What we dont need, is labour. :wink:

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:54 am

Ireland needs teachers to educate our children. What we dont need, is labour.
Are there no foreign teachers in Ireland :shock:
All Irish?
How about Engineers, Nurses and Doctors? all Irish as well?
do Ireland need them at all?
Will they just send them home :cry:

Irishtom you are super! keep it up you! are a gifted person...

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:37 am

mad wrote:Thank you all of you that responded to my post. I am really grateful and relieved in a way that I am not the only one in this boat.

Anyways, I spoke with my the DOJ again today and a rather kind lady picked up the phone. I explained this to her and she said that indeed my Garda report had come back but they have requested an update. She was not ab to tell me why they had requested an update. I had never been charged with any crime and I was never in court for anything. I have not as much as a speeding ticket or parking ticket ever. So why do you think this is?

Cheers
Mad,

If you dont have any crimes against you then you dont have to worry about the GARDA report. I really dont know what they mean by "UPDATE", possibly it could be one reason where your GARDA report has come long back but your other reports like social welfare and revenues took ages to arrive, and when they do and if the time difference is too much between the reports then they might look for Updates.

Again this is only my perception and friend of mine was in a similar situation, but eventually he got the approval letter after few months.

Hopefully you'll receive the letter very soon..Good luck

(Too close yet too far)

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:42 am

AShawna wrote:
Deception-shy wrote: How long they take to make a decision once the application has been sent to minister for approval ? I'm not sure but I heard from friend of mine that applications are approved for every two months, is that right? otherwise throw some light on this.
I've heard the 2month thing too but I'm not sure about this. I seem to hear of some new approval letter received every month now.
Ashawna,

I havent heard any approvals from Dec 31-2009, may be i'm keeping an eye on my small circle. Did you heard anybody getting approval letter in the new year?

(Too Close yet Too Far)

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:44 am

mad wrote:I also want to say that I'll be made redundant in March 2010. If this happens then I will be in a terrible position because I have been living in Ireland since 1999 and working in full time employment since 2001.
When did you last sent your P60, Bank statements, Payslips and GNIB card?
if you had sent them in 2008, then they might look for fresh one's before sending the application to minister.

(Too Close Yet Too Far)

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Deception-shy wrote:
Ashawna,

I havent heard any approvals from Dec 31-2009, may be i'm keeping an eye on my small circle. Did you heard anybody getting approval letter in the new year?

(Too Close yet Too Far)
Yes there have been approvals this year. I heard of a couple in my small circle :)
Also reported on this thread on Jan 21:
Heinrich wrote:Hi guys,
Received my approval letter this morning. Was actually busy on phone with INIS when postman brought me the letter.

Applied December 2007, add documents requested in April 2009.

Got an appointment for my oath for the 17th February, seeing that I am going to my home country for 3 weeks on Wednesday!!!

Good luck to everybody!!!

Deception-shy

Post by Deception-shy » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:58 pm

AShawna wrote:
Deception-shy wrote:
Ashawna,

(Too Close yet Too Far)
Yes there have been approvals this year. I heard of a couple in my small circle :)
Also reported on this thread on Jan 21:
Received my approval letter this morning. Was actually busy on phone with INIS when postman brought me the letter.

Got an appointment for my oath for the 17th February, seeing that I am going to my home country for 3 weeks on Wednesday!!!

great,

so my observation was wrong that its done every two months :)

(Too Close Yet Too Far)

mad

Post by mad » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:44 pm

Hi!

I was asked to send the updated documents in 2008. But I sent them the rest of my payslips in Dec. 2009. Is itmandatory that one is resident in the state when one has already applied as I have been working here for 10 years.

crown

Post by crown » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:22 am

mad wrote:Hi!

I was asked to send the updated documents in 2008. But I sent them the rest of my payslips in Dec. 2009. Is itmandatory that one is resident in the state when one has already applied as I have been working here for 10 years.
Mad
I think you have to be resident in the state. I know someone who had moved to Canada when DOJ approved. He had diverted his mail to Canada He tried processing it but they found out and told him he could only proceed further if whenever he is resident here
Crown

homingpigeon
Newly Registered

Post by homingpigeon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:53 am

Hi all,

I got my letter of approval yesterday.

It arrived in normal post in a brown envelope.

My time line is as follows;

Applied on 21/08/2007
Acknowledged on 18/12/2007
Further documents required on 21/01/2009 (P21,3 Payslips & Bank Statements)
Sent in my social welfare report in early August 2009 as directed by INIS.
File sent to the minister for approval in early January 2010.
Received approval on 15 February 2010. :D

Thank you for all the advice on this forum and good luck to everyone still waiting it will come.
Last edited by homingpigeon on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

homingpigeon
Newly Registered

Post by homingpigeon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:59 am

When applying for the naturalisation cert there are 4 requirements;

1) Fee for €950
2) Passport photos
3) GNIB Card
4) Original Travel document (if applicable) Please do not submit your own national passport? Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:06 pm

homingpigeon wrote:Hi all,

Applied on 21/08/2007

Thank you for all the advice on this forum and good luck to everyone still waiting it will come.
Congratulations mate!

That's quite interesting. The last time I spoke with INIS, I was told my application was sent to the minister in early December and to expect a response by end of February. It is interesting to see that yours was sent early January and have been approved already.
Last edited by 9jeirean on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:55 pm

AShawna wrote:

Congratulations!
Hi Asawna, Any news re your approval? Still waiting patiently(I hope) here :wink:
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

krb
Newly Registered

Post by krb » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Hi All,
Has anybody who applied for Naturalisation after April 2008 on the basis of work permit/work visa been asked for additional documents? (P21 etc)

Thanks.

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:23 pm

9jeirean wrote:
Hi Ashawna, Any news re your approval? Still waiting patiently(I hope) here :wink:
Still waiting :roll:
Called a couple of weeks ago and was told its been sent to the minister for a decision finally, so I decided I'll give it another month before calling them again.

Good luck to us!

homingpigeon
Newly Registered

Post by homingpigeon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:08 pm

9jeirean wrote:
homingpigeon wrote:Hi all,

Applied on 21/08/2007

Congratulations mate!

That's quite interesting. The last time I spoke with INIS, I was told my application was sent to the minister in early December and to expect a response by end of February. It is interesting to see that yours was sent early January and have been approved already.
Thank you.

Funny you say that, I was told my application / file was being prepared to be sent to the minister in early December. When I called in January I was told it had only just been sent and they were awaiting response.....

I have my court date booked for the 23rd Feb.