ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are there any Problems in getting jobs For Foriegn Students

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Musharraf123
Newly Registered

Are there any Problems in getting jobs For Foriegn Students

Post by Musharraf123 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:16 pm

I have come to know from many sources and many of my friends and media that there are difficulties in having jobs of even very low standards,many of the students are looking for jobs from 5 to 8 months but they have not been able to get it.Is there any one who has the clear Idea about this issue?Plzzzzzz

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:39 pm

Thats right.

Besides, if you are coming to UK on a student visa to earn money, you need to remember that its illegal.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Are there any Problems in getting jobs For Foriegn Stude

Post by ElenaW » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Musharraf123 wrote:I have come to know from many sources and many of my friends and media that there are difficulties in having jobs of even very low standards,many of the students are looking for jobs from 5 to 8 months but they have not been able to get it.Is there any one who has the clear Idea about this issue?Plzzzzzz
Yep it's hard to find jobs being inexperenced students and also the whole maximum 20 hours thing is a turn off for lots of employers. Why should they hire international students when there are plenty of british students without restrictions willing to do the same retail based jobs?
I tell it like it is.

Markie

Post by Markie » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:54 pm

the proposed regulations will now limit student working hours to JUST 10hrs per week
ElenaW wrote:
Musharraf123 wrote:I have come to know from many sources and many of my friends and media that there are difficulties in having jobs of even very low standards,many of the students are looking for jobs from 5 to 8 months but they have not been able to get it.Is there any one who has the clear Idea about this issue?Plzzzzzz
Yep it's hard to find jobs being inexperenced students and also the whole maximum 20 hours thing is a turn off for lots of employers. Why should they hire international students when there are plenty of british students without restrictions willing to do the same retail based jobs?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Markie wrote:the proposed regulations will now limit student working hours to JUST 10hrs per week
ElenaW wrote:
Yes but it's still 20 hours right now. Also 10 is worse than 20 so it further proves my point.
I tell it like it is.

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:58 pm

HARD TO GET A JOB. VERY DRY MARKET ESPECIALLY FOR INTERNATION STUDENTS.
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.