ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nkemprecious
Newly Registered

Citizenship Application

Post by Nkemprecious » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:32 pm

I need an experienced advise.I have just gotten additional 3 years on my Residency,i'm on IBC/05.I have worked for 5 years and was made Redundant in August'09,haven't gotten a job since then and i;m currently receiving job seekers allowance.
Do you think that if i apply now for my citizenship without a job and on job seekers Allw i will be hurting my application.
Also i have a friend who is not on this board who applied in Jan'10 while working but he has lost his job now,and he is on job seeker Allw,but he is planning to be self employed in March.what should this friend do as they have not acknowledged his application is it that they now know that he is unemployed.
Two questions.

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:05 pm

Hi Nkemprecious,

ackowlegding does not mean you are gonna get it.

If I was in your situation:

Point 1:
I would look for a job before applying, get myself off social welfare and then apply.

Point 2:
When you apply, at least be honest and in a written letter explain your situation...That you worked for 5 years, made redundant on the date of, been in social Welfare for x months, find a job on y day and removed yourself from social welfare from z day.

Point 3:
Get a letter from your social welfare that states that you are not anymore in receipt of any payments.

Your honesty will clear your path to citizenship.

With respect to your friend, I would recommend that he finds a job as soon as possible because he will have to re-apply for citizenship in the coming months....There's noway is gonna get and here's a demonstration:

--> After further processing by INIS will ask him to send the latest payslips(he would have none), the latest P21 (he would have none)....So this will just block him for long.
If he can get a job, that would turn things around for him....Same as you.

Nana (Irish Girl to bitch)

Nkemprecious
Newly Registered

Post by Nkemprecious » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:37 pm

thx Nana i will take your advise on board.Unfortuantely no jobs now,but what do you think about self employment.

Missy2
Newly Registered

Post by Missy2 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi Nkemprecious,

Self employed will be good for your application if you will not be getting back to work allowance, RAS e.t.c, as these are all social welfare payments in different forms.

rlow68

naturalisation

Post by rlow68 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:01 pm

can anybody help what will be the situation of an applicant who is full time student, and cant work because of this, are they still going to be refused because he is a student? as there is no way a student will not take back to education allowance or job seeker allowance, or how would he or she survive, if he is not under anybody