ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LODNON COLLEGE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES (LCPS) PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PostMan

Re: LODNON COLLEGE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES (LCPS) PSW

Post by PostMan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:43 am

meats wrote:
sadhu wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:I applied PSW 0n23 march 2009 through LCPS,with PGD in Manaement Studies. Got refused on 10December2009.
Home Office refused saying''' LCPS has never issued or offered Legitimate Post Graduate Diploma in Management'''
Which is baseless and unfair as LCPS actually offered and issued PGD in Management studies after completion of course.
Home Office has accused me of deception with no right to appeal nor administrative review.
Home Office asked me to leave Uk by 31 Dec 2009 as my cuurent student visa expires on this date.
Need Urgent help.
Please try to understand and guide me this hard time.
Your college is in the listed bodies.Is that course registered in the college website?Have you been verified by the college?If your college is bogus so how it is in the listed bodies?

http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegrees/index.cfm?
fuseaction=institutes.list&InstituteCategoryID=2

To my knowledge, the bogus colleges have been removed from the listed bodies.I guess HO did a mistake.You should contact with your college without delay.Good luck.
It's not a licensed college hence the HO doesn't recognise it.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... seducation
Hey Meat!
Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) of the Points Based System - Policy Guidance

Under section: Points scoring assessment – initial applications
No 51 The requirements for the award of points for initial applicants under Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) are:

sub-section 2 says:

The applicant studied for the eligible award at a United Kingdom institution that is a United Kingdom recognised or
listed body, or holds a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the points based system.
3 classifications has been made.
1. Recognized bodies.
2. Listed Bodies
3. Bodies with PBS 4 sponsor License.

If at time of application, that the college is in the list, then there is a case. no right of appeal does not mean you cannot open a case. consult an immigration adviser. because I think
YOU ACTED ON A GOOD FAITH, at time of your study and application, they are there, so their PGDip must count that's what the guidance say at that time.

But I think maybe the College abused their PgDip because of the little hole by awarding it without studies,
Because during the first launch of PSW, many colleges started offering PGDip courses in anything, and the fee becomes high as in the University, and many students dived to this hole.
I have seen a case where HO has identified many of these PGDips and have tried to assessed/interview some of the students and they fail to meet up the standard of a student who hold PGDip.
which means, some are being awarded on mutual agreement between the college administrator and the student, if you can pay money.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:21 am

PostMan wrote:
meats wrote:
sadhu wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:I applied PSW 0n23 march 2009 through LCPS,with PGD in Manaement Studies. Got refused on 10December2009.
Home Office refused saying''' LCPS has never issued or offered Legitimate Post Graduate Diploma in Management'''
Which is baseless and unfair as LCPS actually offered and issued PGD in Management studies after completion of course.
Home Office has accused me of deception with no right to appeal nor administrative review.
Home Office asked me to leave Uk by 31 Dec 2009 as my cuurent student visa expires on this date.
Need Urgent help.
Please try to understand and guide me this hard time.
Your college is in the listed bodies.Is that course registered in the college website?Have you been verified by the college?If your college is bogus so how it is in the listed bodies?

To my knowledge, the bogus colleges have been removed from the listed bodies.I guess HO did a mistake.You should contact with your college without delay.Good luck.

Hey Meat!

No 51 The requirements for the award of points for initial applicants under Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) are:

sub-section 2 says:

The applicant studied for the eligible award at a United Kingdom institution that is a United Kingdom recognised or
listed body, or holds a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the points based system.
1. Recognized bodies.
2. Listed Bodies

If at time of application, that the college is in the list, then there is a case. no right of appeal does not mean you cannot open a case. consult an immigration adviser. because I think
YOU ACTED ON A GOOD FAITH, at time of your study and application, they are there, so their PGDip must count that's what the guidance say at that time.

But I think maybe the College abused their PgDip because of the little hole by awarding it without studies,
Because during the first launch of PSW, many colleges started offering PGDip courses in anything, and the fee becomes high as in the University, and many students dived to this hole.
I have seen a case where HO has identified many of these PGDips and have tried to assessed/interview some of the students and they fail to meet up the standard of a student who hold PGDip.
which means, some are being awarded on mutual agreement between the college administrator and the student, if you can pay money.

Postman,
LCPS was in Listed bodies and still in there which is Home Office requirement.
College's affiliation with Sunderland University was revoked long time ago as I heard and It was still awarding PGDiplomas which it should not have done. But it is again college which committed misrepresentation which leads to decption charges.
On the other hand as this PSW scheme is largely abused in past so in spite of having strong case and valid arguments,it is on 50/50 chances.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:22 am

vicky1234 wrote:hi raja..did you get any thing from AIT or court?
Hello Vicky,
I have not heard anything yet what abt u?

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:26 am

rajamahmood85 wrote:
vicky1234 wrote:hi raja..did you get any thing from AIT or court?
Hello Vicky,
I have not heard anything yet what abt u?
Ya, I can remember in 2007 when Chartered Management Institute was in the list, and towards the end of November, it was removed following a statutory instrument review. I think colleges might have been removed and still appear on the list. this you need to verify. the update of the statutory instrument is reviewed I think every 2 or 4 years. but you can check pending removals/addition under the latest changes available in the following link

http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegr ... =news.list

further below you can find some denouncement of the registered of Reconised/Listed bodies as a mere information source for students to know colleges that is recognised to offer courses, but for immigration purposed, the UKBA sponsor register surfix, read below

http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegr ... Archived=0

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:36 am

rajamahmood85 wrote:
PostMan wrote:
meats wrote:
sadhu wrote:

Hey Meat!

sub-section 2 says:

1. Recognized bodies.
2. Listed Bodies

Postman,
College's affiliation with Sunderland University was revoked long time ago as I heard and It was still awarding PGDiplomas which it should not have done. But it is again college which committed misrepresentation which leads to decption charges.
On the other hand as this PSW scheme is largely abused in past so in spite of having strong case and valid arguments,it is on 50/50 chances.
Read here, the listing of Recognised and Listed Bodies no longer count.
as the UKBA list of sponsors are the only one used for immigration purposes.
You must be on the register of UKBA to qualify

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:43 am

PostMan wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:
PostMan wrote:
meats wrote:

Hey Meat!

sub-section 2 says:

1. Recognized bodies.
2. Listed Bodies

Postman,

LCPS is still in listed bodies list. Sponsor register came after 31st March2009 so it does not apply on us. Home Office has no problem with this.
Read below this is taken from link you provided above.

From 31st March 2009, any education institution in the UK seeking to admit students from outside the European Economic Area to undertake a course of study must apply to the UKBA to become a registered sponsor. For full details please click here.

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:31 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:
PostMan wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:
PostMan wrote:
Hey Meat!

sub-section 2 says:

1. Recognized bodies.
2. Listed Bodies

Postman,

LCPS is still in listed bodies list. Sponsor register came after 31st March2009 so it does not apply on us. Home Office has no problem with this.

From 31st March 2009, any education institution in the UK seeking to admit students from outside the European Economic Area to undertake a course of study must apply to the UKBA to become a registered sponsor. For full details please click here.
Unless you completed your program on 30th march, 2009. HO made it clear that if you enrol in a college when it is listed. and while still in the college they get unlisted, the later status applies to you.
This means HO will NOT listen to responses that says, When I started they are on the list.
You course must be completed when they are on the list

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:04 pm

PostMan wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:
PostMan wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:

Postman,

Unless you completed your program on 30th march, 2009. HO made it clear that if you enrol in a college when it is listed. and while still in the college they get unlisted, the later status applies to you.
This means HO will NOT listen to responses that says, When I started they are on the list.
If you read the first comment,it clearly states that PG D Course was completed before 23 March2009.Im pasting it below:

I applied PSW 0n23 march 2009 through LCPS,with PGD in Manaement Studies. Got refused on 10December2009.

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:14 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:
PostMan wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:
PostMan wrote:

If you read the first comment,it clearly states that PG D Course was completed before 23 March2009.Im pasting it below:

I applied PSW 0n23 march 2009 through LCPS,with PGD in Manaement Studies. Got refused on 10December2009.
The issue is not that you did not apply when PGDip is accepted. You might have applied when PGDip/PGCert are all in rule. BUT the problem is your College is identified as abusing the Qualification and Issuing Bogus PGDip.
You might have a case if you have a track record of how you studied.
This includes:
1. Module Assignments and Answer Sheets
2.Notification of Module Results,
3. Date of Exams etc

If you can proof your studies through this way, then I think you might have a case because you acted on good faith that the college is legitmate.

Can you be able to prove the above 3 lists?

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:50 pm

PostMan wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:
PostMan wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:

The issue is not that you did not apply when PGDip is accepted. You might have applied when PGDip/PGCert are all in rule. BUT the problem is your College is identified as abusing the Qualification and Issuing Bogus PGDip.
You might have a case if you have a track record of how you studied.
This includes:
1. Module Assignments and Answer Sheets
2.Notification of Module Results,
3. Date of Exams etc

If you can proof your studies through this way, then I think you might have a case because you acted on good faith that the college is legitmate.

Can you be able to prove the above 3 lists?
Yes,Most of assignments were with with college as it was for their record.
I do have course work,Dates of exams,course queston papers,work for final thesis, etc... Basically course finished about a year ago, I did not find any reason to keep all the material provided by college after completing my course.I m sure u understand as it is very common that students dont keep both physical and abstract resources of any course once they completed it.

Smartee

Post by Smartee » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:35 pm

all the appeals from LCPS are adjournd .............................. relax everyone .....

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:31 am

that means these guys will have to wait even more read waste even more time...so why should they relax ???
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

dost halepoto

Post by dost halepoto » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:07 pm

Smartee wrote:all the appeals from LCPS are adjournd .............................. relax everyone .....

Dear Smrtee,

How do ypu know that all LCPS appeals are adjourned. Please give more information.
Thank you

Smartee

Post by Smartee » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:27 am

coz, i am intouch with 4 of lcps students, they all got same letter from court same as mine ....... soo i am sure everyone gets adjournd ... yah more waste of time buddy ... its shit isnt

Smartee

Post by Smartee » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:28 am

i called tribunel services to ask y our case has been adjournd, he said the reason behind is that HO does not have enough documentation to come to COURT, thats y its been adjournd ..... might be a positve sign

newmoon

Post by newmoon » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:13 pm

Hi Smartee,

Till how long the case has been adjourned. Is there any date mentioned.

Thanks

newmoon

Post by newmoon » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:50 pm

HI

Can someone please tell me till how long the case has been adjourned.

Thanks

Smartee

Post by Smartee » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:00 pm

No idea, they said wait for the Letter for date ....... no further correspondence ........

:(

Pradeep Singh
Newly Registered

Coming back to UK with a PSW based on LCPS

Post by Pradeep Singh » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi Guys

I did a PGD in Management Studies Level 7 from the LCPS in December 2008.

I applied for a PSW in April 2009 and was issued the same for 2 years expiring in April 2011.

I am working at an accountancy firm since then but want to visit my home country next month. Could you guys please advise if there will be any problems for me upon entering the UK when I come back from my visit since LCPS is off the UKBA list now and having so many problems? Please advise, Thank you!

Tim555

Post by Tim555 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:23 am

Smartee wrote:all the appeals from LCPS are adjournd .............................. relax everyone .....
???
Each and every one of us can make a difference. All right everyone, line up alphabetically according to your height.

Smartee

Post by Smartee » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:36 am

naa shoudlnt be a Problem, leave ur detail if anything comes up we can speak to you .. ?

newmoon

Post by newmoon » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:41 pm

Hey Smartie,

any updates from the court?

Thanks

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:47 pm

As far as I am aware with my case and my fellows who have appealed.

We got almost same time case adjournemnt news.
LCPS has responded to Home Office claim of illegitimate PG Diiplomas and that LCPS has never offered or issued any PG Diploma which is anyway stupid creation by Home Office on the assumption of Cambridge college case.

But things could be different. This is telling point.
Home Office has not got any problem with their documention or proofs,becaz they cant refuse so many cases without any proof and also blaiming deception is criminal without proof by any statute authority.

So by common sense,it seems much right that Home Office is considering new evidence provided by LCPS management.

Smartee

Post by Smartee » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:38 pm

nothing yet.... following up with the court ........... ll let u know guyz .. no worries ....

enjoyuklife
Newly Registered

Post by enjoyuklife » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:50 am

hi mate.
please contact me .
i need your help.