ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa deception

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

k4iser
BANNED

Family visit visa deception

Post by k4iser » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:43 pm

hello, i know someone who is coming to UK in 4 months time and is applying for a family visit visa, but the person who is sponsoring him is a far relative of his, an example of there relation is, the sponsors grandads far relatives Grandson and maybe even further than that. And this clearly does not come under immigration rules that i have found. check link http://www.ukvisas.g...689079/8704294 i also know that the application has been made declaring that they are 1st or 2nd cousins. would this come under trying to decieve ECO's and what would the penalty be for the sponser and applicant. Thank You

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:22 am

Are you referring to this and this? The penalties for using deception in an application for leave to enter or remain can be very severe e.g. - a ban of entering UK ranging from 1 to 10 years for the applicant.

This said, please post your queries in the relevant forum.

regards

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Re: Family visit visa deception

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:58 am

Hi
k4iser wrote:hello, i know someone who is coming to UK in 4 months time and is applying for a family visit visa, but the person who is sponsoring him is a far relative of his, an example of there relation is, the sponsors grandads far relatives Grandson and maybe even further than that. And this clearly does not come under immigration rules that i hav sae found. check link http://www.ukvisas.g...689079/8704294 i also know that the application has been made declaring that they are 1st or 2nd cousins. would this come under trying to decieve ECO's and what would the penalty be for the sponser and applicant. Thank You
If I remembered you are the one who is asking for access to child visa in different forum for you friend who has one daughter ect...

This is true this does not comes under family visit visa...Your friend can be refused in ECO words saying You have applied for a family Visit Visa to meet your cousins but I am not satisfied that you are related or you have supplied no evidence that they are realted as claimed.

But I doubt that ECO would put this under deception...

So your friend can be refused but deception issue is less possible...In my view zero...

Best Luck

UK_Banned_Member