ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Official Translator reference

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

viPabolu
Newly Registered

Official Translator reference

Post by viPabolu » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Hi,

Few of my documents are in local lauguage (Telugu). To apply my spouse visa, I need to translate them in English.

Who is the professional translator recognised by British High Comission in India. And from where can I get the references of them.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:47 pm

Check with the BHC in Chennai or VFS office nearest to you.

regards

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Official Translator reference

Post by mvent00 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:16 am

You do not need a recognised translator, you can use any translator. But at the end of translation work you just get a letter from him/her stating that he/she has done this translation and attach it with your application. This will work just fine. Translators affiliated with embassies are usually very expensive. I did same, used a routine translator and my application was successful.
See this thread or other similar threads.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=44275

viPabolu wrote:Hi,

Few of my documents are in local lauguage (Telugu). To apply my spouse visa, I need to translate them in English.

Who is the professional translator recognised by British High Comission in India. And from where can I get the references of them.

travelerzee

Post by travelerzee » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:13 am

Does the translator have to have a stamp? there seems to be contracting advice on the forum about this. I am asking this because, I have found many people who are translators, but dont have an official stamp. they have all said they can translate the docs for me and then get it notarized. will this be ok?