ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dentist wishing to come uk

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

david1955
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Dentist wishing to come uk

Post by david1955 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi Everyone,
I hope you can give me some useful information in regards to my situtation. Currently i am a work permit holder. My girlfriend is in malaysia, is a dentist. We are planning to get married with next 6 months. So when she will come to uk, she will be my dependent. Now as an dentist what is the procedure for her to work in this country? what exams do she has to sit ? and what procedure do she has follow in regards to the registration with GMC?

My GF has done BDS from an recognised university in malaysia. and has been practising there for an year.

I hope you can help me with some useful advice.

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:29 pm

you should check with General Dental Council. www.gdc-uk.org
she has to be registered with GDC.

overseas dentist can register with GDC if they pass the overseas registration exam (ORE)

http://www.gdc-uk.org/Potential+registr ... d+Dentists

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:12 pm

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.
The moderators appreciate that bb users have an interest in obtaining information specific to their circumstances but kindly request you to refrain from multiple postings on a single topic (or related grouping e.g. naturalisation) within and/or across forums since this:

1. Creates confusion by cluttering relevant information across multiple sources thus defeating the key objective of the bb which is to share information in an easily accessible manner.

2. Impacts on the 'spirit of fairness' in forum use for our members/ guests.

3. Clutters the database unecessarily.
Since you are in UK as a Tier 2 migrant, your soon-to-be-wife will be given leave to enter (EC) as dependent of Tier 2 migrant. Therefore, she will not be allowed to work as a doctor in training.

Please double check with GDC.

regards