ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa for my Parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajdelhi1979

Visit Visa for my Parents

Post by rajdelhi1979 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi,

I am on TIER1 and came to UK on 3rd December. I want to call my parents for 1 month. My father and mother are both retired from Indian Government job. Can someone please tell me what documents I and my parents have to show ?

Is there any sponsership letter format ?

Thanx in advance

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:44 pm

I would recommend readng Maintenance and accommodationsection of the Entry Clearance Guidance (ECG) available on the UKVisas website.

You will need the following (from the sponsor):

1. A cover letter from sponsor stating his relationship with the applicant(s) and that the sponsor is ready to accommodate and / or take the responsibility of maintaining the applicant(s) during his/her visit to UK. If accomodating the applicant(s) in your own residence, this letter should include the following details / information:-
a) Size of property (e.g.- 2 bedroom house, 3 bedroom flat, studio etc.).
b) Number of people currently living there.
c) If possible, confirmation of a dedicated room for the applicant(s). Mandatory when couples are to be accommodated.
d) whether property is rented or owned.
(If the property is rented, include in the list below a copy of the tenancy agreement and permission from landlord allowing the sponsor to accommodate extra persons).

2. Photocopy of sponsor's proof of income / salary slips / bank statements showing income credit and availability of funds (if sponsor is taking the responsibility of maintenance) - covering last 4-6 months.

3a. Photocopy of council tax bill for current year (gives the ECO an idea of size of property).
or
3b. Photocopy of utility bills - covering last 4-6 months.

4. Copy of personal details and *current* visa pages of sponsor's passport.

It is important to provide documentary evidence to prove that EC applicant(s) has close ties with home country and will return at the end of the visit (e.g.- employment letter, savings held or investments made, home ownership, evidence of govt. pension etc. etc.).

Letter from sponsor - original.
UK documents (sponsor's) - original or photocopies.
Passport (sponsor's) - photocopies.
Home country documents (applicant's) - in original.

Hope this helps.

regards

gaugupta

Query

Post by gaugupta » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:08 am

Is your Parent have given Marriage certificate while applying for visitor visa??

Thanks

Gaurav

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:22 am

This looks like a hugely inflated list of things. I'm regularly inviting my mother and my step-father to me, and all they ever needed from me is:

- letter from me, stating that I'm inviting them, they will be staying with me (address included), and I will be paying for their expenses
- 3 months of pay slips
- latest bank statements from my current account
- one BT or electricity bill addressed to me
- my passport (visa page + main page)

All of those were "photocopies" - that is I scanned them, sent them to my parents by e-mail, they printed them, and gave to the consulate.

sva19

Post by sva19 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:15 pm

sushdmehta wrote:I would recommend readng Maintenance and accommodationsection of the Entry Clearance Guidance (ECG) available on the UKVisas website.

You will need the following (from the sponsor):

1. A cover letter from sponsor stating his relationship with the applicant(s) and that the sponsor is ready to accommodate and / or take the responsibility of maintaining the applicant(s) during his/her visit to UK. If accomodating the applicant(s) in your own residence, this letter should include the following details / information:-
a) Size of property (e.g.- 2 bedroom house, 3 bedroom flat, studio etc.).
b) Number of people currently living there.
c) If possible, confirmation of a dedicated room for the applicant(s). Mandatory when couples are to be accommodated.
d) whether property is rented or owned.
(If the property is rented, include in the list below a copy of the tenancy agreement and permission from landlord allowing the sponsor to accommodate extra persons).

2. Photocopy of sponsor's proof of income / salary slips / bank statements showing income credit and availability of funds (if sponsor is taking the responsibility of maintenance) - covering last 4-6 months.

3a. Photocopy of council tax bill for current year (gives the ECO an idea of size of property).
or
3b. Photocopy of utility bills - covering last 4-6 months.

4. Copy of personal details and *current* visa pages of sponsor's passport.

It is important to provide documentary evidence to prove that EC applicant(s) has close ties with home country and will return at the end of the visit (e.g.- employment letter, savings held or investments made, home ownership, evidence of govt. pension etc. etc.).

Letter from sponsor - original.
UK documents (sponsor's) - original or photocopies.
Passport (sponsor's) - photocopies.

Hope this helps.

regards
Hello Susdmetha

You state the sponsor document all sgould be original. But what if the person reluctant to send original with application, I.e their property docs, fixed rate deposit certificates? I can understand because if they lost they lost all their savings? What you advice on this?