ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield PEO - ILR issued

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vikramaditya
Newly Registered

Sheffield PEO - ILR issued

Post by vikramaditya » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Hello

I went to the Sheffield PEO on 12th February to make an in-person application for my ILR permit (along with my wife).

I booked the appointment online - not much choice was available in terms of dates and times.

We arrived really early - we went for a coffee to the city centre and presented ourself at security at 9.30AM for a 10.45 appointment. We got in in about 15 minutes after going through security. The lady at the reception gave me a token after which I waited to be called to another window for initial vetting of my application. This was done fairly quickly (15-20 minutes in all) and I was asked to submit my supporting documents which were placed in a folder. Documents handed over:

1) All passports for both of us (India)
2) Marriage certificate
3) 9 months of pay slips+ 5 annual P60s
4) All letters received from the Home Office (I changed three jobs over a 5 year period)
5) Letters from my employer including a letter providing full information about my work related travel. I also included letters from previous employers.
6) Detailed Excel print out with a list of trips overseas divided into work trips and personal trips (total days out - about 195 with about 55 days worth of work travel and 140 or so days worth of personal travel). I also referenced pages on my passports linked to entry and exit stamps.
7) Six months long bank statements for both my main bank accounts
8. Life in the UK test certificates

After making a payment for our application fee (there was a queue), we waited for about 2 hours during which time a lot of people were being asked for other supporting documents and lot of people were facing further queries. We grew a bit concerned that we had still not been called for any clarifications/ questions and we were not sure about the progress on our application.

However, at about 11.45AM an immigration officer came across and called us and told us that the ILR permits for both of us had been approved. All our original documents (excluding letters from current and past employers) were returned to us.

Our passports and ILR permits took about another hour to process and we left after collecting them.

All though this process, the UKBA staff members were very polite and courteous, and they dealt with our application and queries in a prompt and professional manner.

Thanks to other people on this board for sharing their experience which really did help me a lot for preparing my application.

brandnew

Re: Sheffield PEO - ILR issued

Post by brandnew » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:12 pm

Contratulations Vikarm!!

Have a question. Did they cross check your entry&exit stamps in passport with you spreadsheet?

Thanks

vikramaditya
Newly Registered

Stamp checking

Post by vikramaditya » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:42 pm

Hi BrandNew.

I think they do check the stamps in detail. That is the only thing which would have taken one officer over an hour to process.

brandnew

Re: Stamp checking

Post by brandnew » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:48 pm

thanks for reply vikram.

I have >90 days single absence , worried if that will cause a problem

smartchap2k

Post by smartchap2k » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi Vikram,

Congratulations !

How about the parking arrangements at Sheffield PEO? :D

vikramaditya
Newly Registered

No problems in parking

Post by vikramaditya » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:34 pm

There is a large parking right opposite Vulcan House called Q-Park (multi storey). It can get busy!

Link: http://www.q-park.co.uk/tabid/1291/qpar ... fault.aspx
Last edited by vikramaditya on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vikramaditya
Newly Registered

Re: Stamp checking

Post by vikramaditya » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:42 pm

brandnew wrote:thanks for reply vikram.

I have >90 days single absence , worried if that will cause a problem
Hi

Home Office Guidance suggests that there shouldn't be any single absence of over 90 days. Two possible options: (1) was it work related? If so, you can get a letter from your employer. (2) Or if it was early on in your qualification period, you may wish to wait a bit longer and choose a 5-year period qualification date so as to exclude your 90 day period of absence.

raja_no_1

Post by raja_no_1 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:02 pm

what category were you ..was it tier 1 only or a combination of Tier1 + WP ?

vikramaditya
Newly Registered

WP.

Post by vikramaditya » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:28 pm

My category was WP throughout (not on PBS).

ilrseeker
Newly Registered

parking at sheffield peo

Post by ilrseeker » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:59 pm

There is a large parking right opposite Vulcan House called Q-Park (multi storey). It can get busy!

This is 2 miles from sheffield peo S3 8NU as per google maps.

smartchap2k

Post by smartchap2k » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:28 pm

True ILR seeker.. good observation mate !

It seems there are multiple Q car parks in sheffeild. may be the one on link is not the correct one.

Can someone please advise?

vikramaditya
Newly Registered

Re: parking at sheffield peo

Post by vikramaditya » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:04 pm

ilrseeker wrote:

This is 2 miles from sheffield peo S3 8NU as per google maps.
@ilrseeker

Apologies. The right link should have been:

http://www.q-park.co.uk/tabid/1291/qpar ... fault.aspx

It is 5 Millsands, which is right opposite Vulcan House. I will amend the original link also.