ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

So-called Tier4 Rule

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier 4
- thin ice -

So-called Tier4 Rule

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:56 pm

Home office giving colleges “Aâ€
N/A

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: So-called Tier4 Rule

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:59 pm

[quote="Tier 4"]Home office giving colleges “Aâ€
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Tier 4
- thin ice -

So-called Tier4 Rule

Post by Tier 4 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:00 pm

No.[/quote]

ON?
N/A

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: So-called Tier4 Rule

Post by Wanderer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Tier 4 wrote:No.
ON?[/quote]

Preposition? Russian for 'He'?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:39 pm

In Polish too :D
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:01 pm

Holders of Tier 4 Sponsor licences know that if they fail to report non-attending students then their sponsor licence is liable to be withdrawn. Or at least down-rated to a B Rating. And any B-rated place of education knows that they must do better, and that they will be inspected more regularly, or they will lose their licence altogether.
John

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:57 pm

I should also point out that having an A Rating doesn't mean the UK Border Agency is saying an institution is highly prestigious, just that the institution met the UK Border Agency's requirements at the time of application and/or inspection.

There are only two ratings. A - meets all or most of the requirements and B - meets some requirements but must improve.

I can understand that it could be difficult for a genuine student if the college is removed from the register of sponsors however.

worldenron
Newly Registered

Post by worldenron » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:30 pm

first of all only 17 colleges have had their licence revoked , the 100 or so colleges that you are hearing about that their licence has been revoked is not correct , their license has been suspended, for the college licence to be revoked(which is a major difference from suspension) can take up to six months then only the student has 60 days to find a new college for the colleges that have been suspended the student does not need to find a new college till they receive confirmation that the licence has been revoked , from what we can see is that most of these colleges will be back on the list within 6-12 weeks of their suspension after whatever issue is resolved regarding why they were suspended. so do not stress about this the ukba is also trying to learn on how to rectify this issue also

shussain452

Post by shussain452 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:16 pm

worldenron wrote:first of all only 17 colleges have had their licence revoked , the 100 or so colleges that you are hearing about that their licence has been revoked is not correct , their license has been suspended, for the college licence to be revoked(which is a major difference from suspension) can take up to six months then only the student has 60 days to find a new college for the colleges that have been suspended the student does not need to find a new college till they receive confirmation that the licence has been revoked , from what we can see is that most of these colleges will be back on the list within 6-12 weeks of their suspension after whatever issue is resolved regarding why they were suspended. so do not stress about this the ukba is also trying to learn on how to rectify this issue also
i am 100% agree with you. becausse i have that experienced
i am studying in a collage since dec 2008 till now first pgd in ba and now doing my mba. in this 14 months my college is suspended 3 times and the crucial suspend time was in october 2009. when my visa was expiring and i alredy booked my appointment in person. my college came again in list just 2 days before my appoinment.
now we r use to it. no panic .
but again be in safe side. espacialy regarding fees